Dogs 101, Have You Seen It?

Aztec Gold

Has anyone ever seen the show Dogs 101, on the animal planet channel on Austar? It's really interesting! It goes through 4 or 5 different breeds each show, and tells you about the breed, shows you a story with owners of the breed, and tells you who should own them. We are watching the Australian Cattle Dog one, and my partner is amazed that Blue Heelers and Red Heelers, are actually Australian Cattle Dogs lol!!! He thought they were two different breeds! Deary me :)

There was a saluki on there earlier, they're amazing looking dogs!!

Has anyone ever seen the show Dogs 101, on the animal planet channel on Austar? It's really interesting! It goes through 4 or 5 different breeds each show, and tells you about the breed, shows you a story with owners of the breed, and tells you who should own them. We are watching the Australian Cattle Dog one, and my partner is amazed that Blue Heelers and Red Heelers, are actually Australian Cattle Dogs lol!!! He thought they were two different breeds! Deary me :)

There was a saluki on there earlier, they're amazing looking dogs!!

Yes, OH dragged me into the lounge room for the Saluki segment. There were at least 5 pieces of information that were bs. Overall tho' the message was pretty reasonable - ie, need fully fenced free running, tricky to train, for experienced dog owners.

I liked them until I saw the one they did on Designer Dogs :rolleyes: one mention of a Puggle and I turned it off. I did find the purebred ones interesting - as did my 10 year old dog obsessed daughter

YES, the designer dog one left a bit to be desired! Labradoodles, Goldendoodles, what on earth is wrong with a plain labrador or golden? They're beautiful how they are. If you have dog allergies, wouldn't a poodle by itself be great? Instead of crossing it?

I have watched it a couple of times, but every time I see it and I hear of the BS about some of these breeds, it totally puts me off. And the crap about designer dogs was :eek: I can't believe in this day and age they are still advertising these mutts.

I wonder where they get their breed information from????

BF

caught this last night - had Boston Terriers on there, I like the fact they promoted going to registered breeders and pointed that badly bred short snouted dogs can have respitory problems.

Think they also had Basset Hounds on the show as well - I switched over during an ad break and forgot to go back to it.

on you tube read the comments below i think cavoodle or some oodle designer it gets quite heated. someone is trying to educate :laugh: there's some really ignorant comments on there like for instance, hybrids are more healthier because they are a mix of 2 or more breeds, and all that garbage.

there is some dummies out there thats for sure, and i expect that not all of them are from Oz i think quite a few are from other countries.

interesting reading anyway.

I liked them until I saw the one they did on Designer Dogs :rolleyes: one mention of a Puggle and I turned it off. I did find the purebred ones interesting - as did my 10 year old dog obsessed daughter

this :mad

up until that point there was a lot of interesting information - some of it wrong, and sometimes i found they focused too much on stories of individuals rather than the whole breed.

Me too. Lost all respect for the show after I saw that episode.

the puggle episode was particularly bad and it made me see red actually :mad i think steam was coming out of my ears by that stage....i just think it promotes the DD's with incorrect information and promotes them as being a breed of dog when they are a cross. :mad

Wow, didn't realize they had done designer dogs, that's definitely a turn off.

They did pretty good with the Crested segment although their 'promo' dog could have been better... guess no show people wanted to participate, I can see why now.