Do You Have A Preference For A Certain Colour Within Your Breed ?

aussielover

I like all colour poodles but black is my favourite. I am not keen on blue or silver. Can't see anything wrong with preferring a particular colour as long as someone is not choosing a dog to match their wallpaper or something equally as stupid.

I seemed to do the opposite, I had black and white Poodles so when we renovated the house I did a black and white color scheme, didn't realize until afterwards that the dogs blended in a little too well :rofl:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A lot of people are saying that a good dog doesn't come in a bad colour... what about mismarks?

Depends what people mean by a good dog :) A good show dog may not come in a bad (but acceptable) colour, but as mismarks aren't showable then that would impact further than colour. A performance home may however say that a good (working) dog doesn't come in a bad colour or markings. Plenty of mismarked bc's excelling in agility, herding, obedience etc.

He sounds adorable! :) Our terriers have always been busier dogs/pups than my Aussies, but my Aussies are pretty chilled out.

hellier dog rescue - I hope you get your red merle!

Thanks Lyndsay :thumbsup: its actually looking fairly likely that I will have 1 sooner than I thought ;)

Wohoo! :thumbsup:

Absolutely yes I have favorite colours

Dobes - Black & Rust - to me a 'real' Dobermann must be Black & Rust. When I went to look at the litter I got Acheron from there were blues as well and I had the choice of any of the pups there (except for one male that was already gone to his new home at another breeder and the pick bitch that Acherons breeders were keeping) and I never even considered one of the blues.

Bull Terriers - White, preferably with no markings but an eye or ear patch is ok in any colour.

BBD - Red(tan) & white

I also don't like bridle in any breed - I just don't like the look of it.