Who Wants A Canon 7d?

Kirislin

$1213 today!!! Whoot.

OMG!!! Buy! Buy! Buy! Did ya?

And the 5D is $1977

I may have looked at the price and decided I had to.... :D

I paid like $2250 for my 5D about 18 months ago. Bargain shopping!

Edited by ~*Shell*~

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5D mark ii & 7D - it's what all the cool kids have kirislin.... or a 1D.... either way you're part of team canon and we rock :laugh:

:laugh:

well like the foam submission I've missed this too. Checked this morning and it's back over $2 grand again. Probably best, I cant afford it and I dont have the talent to get the best out of it anyway. I need to stick with the 7D.

I may have looked at the price and decided I had to.... :D

I paid like $2250 for my 5D about 18 months ago. Bargain shopping!

You got it at the right time, it's already back on the way up. You paid almost $300 less than I did early last year, and I thought I got it for a good price then. I think you will love it, especially for action.

Edited by Kirislin

Gah - somehow my payment got stuffed up and so I'm trying to get hold of them. They're not answering the phone or replying to email. *sigh*

aah poop, hope you get it sorted, when I saw you'd posted I was hoping it was to say It's Here! :(

I just spoke to them - apparently they need me to authorise the payment and give them a land line number for customs when it comes through. Nothing wrong with the payment itself :)

Now I just need to wait for customs to call. I'm very excited to see how it performs as opposed to my 5D - can't wait for high speed continuous shooting! :)

I just spoke to them - apparently they need me to authorise the payment and give them a land line number for customs when it comes through. Nothing wrong with the payment itself :)

Now I just need to wait for customs to call. I'm very excited to see how it performs as opposed to my 5D - can't wait for high speed continuous shooting! :)

Are they going to say to customs it cost less than $1000 otherwise you have to pay duty on it. What happened when you bought your 5D?

Oh and high speed continous is pretty cool :cool:

I bought the 5D from digital rev - i had to pay duty on it which i was expecting but apparently digital rev has been pulled up a few times for incorrectly marking their packages and trying to get them to slip through customs so they're pulling aside 50% of all the packages that come into the country from digital rev no matter what price it has recorded on the declaration. Not sure if it's the same as DWI but I'm expecting to pay the duty on it so I factored that into the cost.

That being said, I also bought a battery grip, extra battery and 2 SD cards when i bought the 5D so it was a pretty big haul in the end! I'm just buying the 7D this time. I might look into a battery grip for it later for my all day video shoots (another plus of having a 7D - slow mo video - 50fps WHOOT!!) but I think i'm pretty much set :)

Now I just need to save up for the couple of lenses I want :)

Edited by ~*Shell*~

How much duty do they charge? I'm watching our $ rise again, I suspect prices might have more to do with the Yen than the US $.

What lenses are you thinking about. I've been dreaming of the 24-70 but I hear differing opinions on it matched with the 7D. I dont really want to buy the 17-55 cause it's an EFS.

Edited by Kirislin

Yeah - for goal for the next year is for my kit to look like this:

5d mark II (+ battery grip)

7D (+ battery grip)

70-200mm 2.8L

50mm 1.4

100mm Macro

24-70mm 2.8L

580EX II speedlite x2

I just need to get the battery grip for the 7D, the 100mm macro, the 24-70 and the 2nd speedlite. I don't know what I would do without my speedlite anymore! I also want some new filters and some reflectors :D

It's crazy - they must have got a lot of people buying because they still haven't despatched mine despite repeatedly telling me they will "do it tonight" (3 days running!). It changed to "dispatched" for about an hour and then went back to "Dispatching Soon". It's really starting to annoy me. I just want my camera! It's now been a week since I ordered it.

Edited by ~*Shell*~