Who Wants A Canon 7d?

Kirislin

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want it too! I decided against the Nikon D7000 in the end, where I was purchasing it from was just too expensive compared to some places online.

I am now trying to decide whether or not I splurge for the 7D, or do I settle with what the 600D can do for me for half the price? The only thing pushing me towards the 7D is the much faster shooting speed which I assume will do a lot better for fast moving dogs + horse sports.

Ahh the dilemma!

I really want it too! I decided against the Nikon D7000 in the end, where I was purchasing it from was just too expensive compared to some places online.

I am now trying to decide whether or not I splurge for the 7D, or do I settle with what the 600D can do for me for half the price? The only thing pushing me towards the 7D is the much faster shooting speed which I assume will do a lot better for fast moving dogs + horse sports.

Ahh the dilemma!

that's why I got it. I'd never have been able to get a shot like this with my 400D

8fps @ 1/5000th

5857501097_7a87eba5a8_z.jpg

Edited by Kirislin

Ahh the dilemma!

that's why I got it. I'd never have been able to get a shot like this with my 400D

8fps @ 1/5000th

5857501097_7a87eba5a8_z.jpg

Beautiful shot, btw :)

Yeap that is beautiful!

I really wanted the camera in order to take piccies of my new pup, but I think I would be better off saving for the better camera and just waiting at the moment. Although they will probably bring out the 'newer' version of the 7D soon if the price is dropping I think the 7D will be all I will need for a while!

The 7D is a crapload more than I'll need ever..... :laugh:

me too! I often say I might be "over camerad" not sure if it's really a word or I invented it. But I do love my 7D, sigh, sometimes I just gaze at it and think, you magnificent beast! :laugh:

Edited by Kirislin

me too! I often say I might be "over camerad" not sure if it's really a word or I invented it. But I do love my 7D, sigh, sometimes I just gaze at it and think, you magnificent beast! :laugh:

:rofl: I agree I don't use all the great features that it have to offer...but at least they are there if I want to give it a try :laugh:

Edited by Frodo's mum

Hahahahaha - I say the same thing about my 5D. I would like a 7D though just for action shots.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Me too :laugh:

what kind of lighting was used in this shot? or was it all natural?

the lighting is completely natural and no photoshopping afterwards either. It was taken in the afternoon, when the sun was getting low, I set the white balance to cloudy which gives it that goldy yellow cast and I sharpened it a bit, no other editing was done. The conditions there are just good for taking photos. :)

I might be going back there this Sunday for more shots but I'm thinking of just taking my 50mm and going for side on panning shots.