Petplan Insurance

oakeydoak1

Wondering if anyone else is having trouble logging in to Petplan.

When I go to log in, it accepts my Username and Password but says my registration number is not on file. I cant get in to get the puppy insurance for the pups leaving tomorrow. When I go in via the link they sent me in the conversation it says it is not there and when I ring the 1300 number it says it is no longer registered to this company.

Anyone know what is going on with them?

Fordogs. I just used my login id as my registration number and then it brought up my details, but now it has an error as it wont bring up any suburbs or type of dog! Great for my new owners that are coming today!

I have just clicked on my links...the one in my favorites takes me straight to a big error page. But the url that is on the top of the email we were sent the other day about the Hendra virus and what they would cover etc works as normal.

I had hassles with it the other week when doing my first couple of pups. I would fill in the whole form, hit submit and it would drop me back to the main page. After the second pup doing that I called them (which was also an effort as 1 of the numbers on their webpage no longer belongs to them - I got through using the horse number!!) and they checked, neither had gone through. She said to me to close my browser then start again and if it still didn't work to email them with all of the questions and answers to them for each pup.

After I restarted the browser I had no hassles but it was good to know I could email it if the online form didnt work.

These problems happen from time to time with the UK website too. At least we can backdate the insureance by 2 days to cover for problems with the site or doing it on the phone (as they are closed over the w/e).

Recently though the microchip that the pups have also comes with 4 weeks petplan insurance, so I now don't need to stress so much about getting the puppy pack Petplan insurance set up just before they leave.

Thanks guys for the responses, I tried another phone number and it worked, she said to open browser again and same thing if it didnt work then email details through. I told her about all the problems, dont think she really cared less. In the end it took me 2 days and about 12 attempts to get 3 pups done. HOpe it is easier when I have to do the rest. Very frustrating!

I think I will skip even trying to use their website, and just email the details to them when it's time - there are so many broken links and errors going on with their site, it's certainly not presenting a good company image.

oakeydoak1, after many tries to log in I thought that maybe I should re register so now I am accepted. It has been a while since I have used Petplan for my puppies so maybe they had timed out????

Were you able to put your puppies through Fordogs, or have you not needed to do it yet?

I emailed them to check if my breeder registration was still current because I had trouble logging in - it took them a week to reply to me, but they confirmed that it was still current, and my last litter was 5 years ago.

I have since been able to login - at least I think I have. I "login" and it presents me with the form to fill out for a puppy (doesn't give me any confirmation that my login was accepted, or information to show that I am now logged in, etc - just dreadful website development), but I haven't tried putting a puppy through yet as they're only 5 days old so I still have a while before I can discover if that part works.

ETA: Actually I just discovered that I can also access the puppy registration form without even being logged in - so I have no idea what is actually meant to happen when you login.... It says to login to manage your account - but if you login, there are options provided to do anything with your account (or even show that you're logged in)

Although maybe I'm not even being logged in - I'm trying to login with my registration number and guessing at my password. Tried the "can't remember my password" in case I'm using the wrong login details, and submitting that form just gives an error. I've just tried logging in with deliberately false details, and I get sent to the puppy registration form again - my Lord, what an abortion of a website! I'm sure it actually worked 5 years ago, the process was simple from memory.

Edited by Allerzeit

Unfortunately NO, I do have an email of confirmation though but I did try to login again and so far No Luck so I sent them an email yesterday BUT so far no response. My puppies will be leaving soon and I would really like to register them. Maybe I should just do the ones from my vet >>> but they are only good for 4 weeks and they only send them off once a month.

NOT HAPPY JAN :mad :mad :mad

Jetpoint, no it is all free, no obligations. If your puppy buyers decide to continue their insurance you accrue points for Myer Vouchers. Go to: http://www.petplan.com.au/ scroll down the bottom to breeder registration. You will then receive an email with your login details, it took a couple of days for them to get back to me with my registration number.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

I just called them as i have puppies leaving in 2 weeks. They said just email [email protected] all your details and that of the new buyers and they will manually put them through.

so did emailing them work? I had two pups go to their new homes yesterday and, of course, couldn't log in, so sent off an email with one person's detail's at 11 am. Do the breeders get feedback or only the new puppy owner?