Heat Mats - Which One And Where From?

Kirty

I need to buy a heat mat for my foster kittens but am not sure what to get! I already have snugglesafe heat pads which are normally great but because it is so cold, I need something that is consistently warm. I want to leave it running pretty much 24/7 so I need to be sure its safe (which is why I am not keen on something off Ebay from China). I would prefer one that has a thermostat or simple controller (eg low, high) on it. Can anyone recommend a brand and/or somewhere to buy them?

ETA: It also needs to be just a mat - not a bed type thing - because I need to be able to disinfect it. :) Thanks!

Edited by Kirty

It's simple, go get your self a heater for a water bed.

They are fantastic in a whelping box.

I personally prefer a heat lamp over one corner of the whelping box with all cords concealed of course.

Years ago I always purchased the infra red lamps, but nowadays I purchase the big round floodlights that you

have to light up your back yard, only I purchase the red ones.

The give off plenty of heat and are easy on the pups eyes and are cheap to run.

Is this Pet Mat any good? If so, I have large one for sale.

We bought one for our dog on the advice that it should be okay on top of a soft surface but it turned out not to be the case. It needs to be used on a hard surface only. Other than that it works very well, is designed to be used 24/7 and is simple to wipe clean or take off and wash the cover. The company replaced our mat so we have a brand new mat, mains cable, car cable and one burgundy cover (possibly two - will have to check). Only selling because it's not suitable for our needs.

The ones in The Reject Shop are worth a look - they have two or three sizes, and seemed reasonable price.

I have this one I'm happy to give you if you think it's suitable. I have 2 of them and need only one. I don't think I've ever used it, or maybe once. They don't have a thermostat as they stay just nicely warm.

I just lay them flat on top of a dog bed.

post-362-0-15384000-1311999459_thumb.jpg

Edited by cavNrott

Thanks everyone. :)

Dxenion, how big is it? Not sure postage to Vic would be feasible. :)

cavNrott, thanks so much for the offer. :) I would love to take it off your hands! Will pm you. :)

I have this one I'm happy to give you if you think it's suitable. I have 2 of them and need only one. I don't think I've ever used it, or maybe once. They don't have a thermostat as they stay just nicely warm.

I just lay them flat on top of a dog bed.

This heat blanket is free to a good home and still available to anyone who wants it. I checked it and it's the one I've never used. It would need to be picked up from Mt Waverley, Vic.

See above post for a pic of the blanket.

Edited by cavNrott

I need to buy a heat mat for my foster kittens but am not sure what to get!

Have you asked the Vet you use for your animals.

Some years ago when I needed a heatmat at short notice our Vet was happy to lend me one.