Well Thank You Very Much You Thieving ****

Andisa

I HATE getting things stolen at shows - it feels like such a betrayal (more so than if something got stolen in public area).

My third ever show, and someone took the lovely show lead I had bought for my puppy :cry: . My BF in his innocence had hung the lead off the front of the gazebo, and 10 mins later it was gone.

I also had a bag of just purchased products stolen ($200 worth) at the Dogs NSW xmas show in 2009 from out of the back of my walled gazebo. As we didn't leave the gazebo, I am fairly sure the people in the gazebo next to mine must have taken it from under the wall(unless the invisible man walked in), but what can you do?? I later learned that the people I had the bad luck to set up next to were suspected of other thefts during the year :mad

sorry that you lost your pen Andisa, but I am thankful that it wasn't an expensive one!

I have just came back to showing after a 10 year gap and so far have lost a little something at every show. I have been commenting (loudly) that it just ain't like the olden days :(

It's sure annoying when things vanish, sorry to hear about your pen. Reckon there's always those few around who just can't help themselves but we hear about it more often now through forums etc. Forty years ago when I was showing Affies I would take my Mason Pearson brush into the ring and put it next to me when stacking. At a big country show I did this one day, stacked the dog, went to grab the brush for a final flip over and it was 'GONE'. Some sweetie must have ducked under the rope and pinched it - lucky we didn't have PC's back then, the whole world would have heard about it. Kept the new one in my slacks pocket after that but, boy, had some uncomfortable moments when I bent over the dogs lol.

I've often seen your pen out there on the lawn at the back door when going out to toilet my Cavaliers and wondered whose it was as I've never been out when you've actually been using it. :confused:

I was going to say I can't believe someone had the gall to take it...but then I'm not really surprised with anything people do. :mad Some have more front than Myers!

I've often seen your pen out there on the lawn at the back door when going out to toilet my Cavaliers and wondered whose it was as I've never been out when you've actually been using it. :confused:

I was going to say I can't believe someone had the gall to take it...but then I'm not really surprised with anything people do. :mad Some have more front than Myers!

No doubt I would have met you out the back when toileting her if she was not using the pen, she can take anything from 15 - 30 mins to toilet her on lead or she will get it done within minutes in the pen.

Other pug owners use it too - I'm surprised that you haven't seen at least one pug in it :laugh:

I plan on giving her a couple of months off from the ring but when we go back you will see the next pen padlocked around a tree :thumbsup: .

No doubt I would have met you out the back when toileting her if she was not using the pen, she can take anything from 15 - 30 mins to toilet her on lead or she will get it done within minutes in the pen.

Other pug owners use it too - I'm surprised that you haven't seen at least one pug in it :laugh:

I plan on giving her a couple of months off from the ring but when we go back you will see the next pen padlocked around a tree :thumbsup: .

I have seen pugs in it. Did not realize it was yours until this thread.

I'm lucky that my girls "Pee" very "quickly" on command, which is nice for me. I haven't been using that area much lately as it's been a bit too wet for the Cavaliers and so have taken them either out front or to the door next to the Hounds Ring which has a concrete path there. (hint hint KCC Park!)

The annoying part is not knowing who the pen belonged to means that anyone could casually walk off with it without looking at all suspicious! :(

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I had similar but we were camping at Erskine Park (in our camper trailer) when we returned from the GSD Ring someone had gone through our camper and taken - camera, clothes, electric kettle and plates and knives. How is that and no one saw them. Our car was locked with our money hidden inside they did not break a window as the car has an alarm. I agree that not all dog people can be trusted.