Plaque Remover

oakway

I have 2 bitches in season too so I think this is the factor n not the product. I might try again in couple weeks. Boys Arnt eating n they r walking on their tippy toes.

Oh, poor you.

I am glad I only have bitches these days. :)

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hope you have as great a success as we have had with it.

Any idea what dates you will be here showing ?.

Need to know when to pick ours up. :)

Will be down march umm 24th 25th beaudesert show..

See you then. :)

Do u know if i was ment to bring this down? As she never gave me anything.. I know she said she was going to email u as she was going down earlier in march?..

Hope you have as great a success as we have had with it.

Any idea what dates you will be here showing ?.

Need to know when to pick ours up. :)

Will be down march umm 24th 25th beaudesert show..

See you then. :)

Do u know if i was ment to bring this down? As she never gave me anything.. I know she said she was going to email u as she was going down earlier in march?..

I just phoned the other party that is getting the ProDen with me (Pugs) and the seller was in touch with her and as is bringing it down. She forgot to tell me. Thank you for your efforts in trying to help get it here it was greatly appreciated.. :)

I have a spare 180g jar of the Proden PlaqueOff. I bought a jar for my sister's dog as well as for my own. Sadly ..... very sadly, Monty, who was an elderly dog, deteriorated very quickly and he was given his wings just last Thursday.

I will be coming up to the MDBA Awards in Queensland and can bring it with me then if anyone who is going to be there wants it, or I can post it to someone if someone elsewhere wants it.

Same price as what I purchased it for - $50 plus $10 postage.

It has a long shelf life so it is not as though I won't use it, but if anyone is desperate to want it sooner than they are currently able to get it, let me know.

Don't PM me - it is easier and better if you email me HERE

Edited by Erny

• 2 weeks later...

I bought some from allcreaturesvets2010 on Ebay on the 13th and it arrived today. They had written 'Plaque remover for dogs' on the customs slip. The total costs in getting it here were $49.16.

9 days to get here is pretty good!

I'm still feeding Mandela his each day - 3 spoonsful. It has reduced the plaque/tartar in that it is not as densely coated as it was, but there is still a fair amount there. More than I would have thought by now. I've been administering this over a period of 3 months now - 2 months on the full dose. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can look forward to more improvement than what I'm seeing so far.

I'm still feeding Mandela his each day - 3 spoonsful. It has reduced the plaque/tartar in that it is not as densely coated as it was, but there is still a fair amount there. More than I would have thought by now. I've been administering this over a period of 3 months now - 2 months on the full dose. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can look forward to more improvement than what I'm seeing so far.

Is it possible the tarter needs pulling off.

My friend said the same as you and one day just pulled it off with a finger nail.

She was amazed it came away so easily. It has never returned.

Do you have a tooth scaler that may help pull the old stuff off.

No - I looked into getting a tooth scaler but got put off because I lost confidence as to whether I was getting a good quality tool and not one that would cause damage. Wish I could pop into a pet store to get one ..... I'm so old fashioned - I like to touch/feel :D . A bit more to it than that. But you're right - it is probably what I need to do and I'll put my mind back into getting what I need to get for the job.

No - I looked into getting a tooth scaler but got put off because I lost confidence as to whether I was getting a good quality tool and not one that would cause damage. Wish I could pop into a pet store to get one ..... I'm so old fashioned - I like to touch/feel :D . A bit more to it than that. But you're right - it is probably what I need to do and I'll put my mind back into getting what I need to get for the job.

Now, I have found two ways about going to get a good one.

Also there are many scalers that do different jobs.

You could always ask the dentist to purchase one for you or go and ask your vet about getting one for you.

I have always used a scaler with a flat side but I saw a friend with one with a hook that appeared to be good for

the job of getting behind the tarter and just pulling/hooking it off. Her dentist gave it to her as it was getting on the old side, how lucky was she. :)

I have a spare 180g jar of the Proden PlaqueOff. I bought a jar for my sister's dog as well as for my own. Sadly ..... very sadly, Monty, who was an elderly dog, deteriorated very quickly and he was given his wings just last Thursday.

I will be coming up to the MDBA Awards in Queensland and can bring it with me then if anyone who is going to be there wants it, or I can post it to someone if someone elsewhere wants it.

Same price as what I purchased it for - $50 plus $10 postage.

It has a long shelf life so it is not as though I won't use it, but if anyone is desperate to want it sooner than they are currently able to get it, let me know.

Don't PM me - it is easier and better if you email me HERE

Erny do you still have this?

Sorry WinterPaws - I should have come back to let people know as I've begun to receive a few emails about it, but the answer is no. The jar I had I sold on (at cost) within 24 hours of putting it up here.

Oakway - thanks for the clues/hints of perhaps being able to source a tooth scraper thingy. Unfortunately I'm in a bit of an uncomfortable predicament regarding personal dentists. Left one and not sure I like the other. I did ring my Vet's about where to get one but they couldn't help me. It's ok - I'll source one out. I'm probably being too cautious over nothing. In the meantime, I continue to hope the Plaque Off will do something.

Edited by Erny

I use and sell the pointed end type, I am able to hook and flick the tarter off.

Dental Scaler $8 including postage

Hi Sway, I have bought one of those from you but don't use it very often as my hands shake and I am concerned that I'll spike their gums. Do you have any of the chisel-ended ones like this one http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=dental+scraper&hl=en&client=ubuntu&hs=80d&channel=fs&prmd=imvns&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1024&bih=582&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=12548968809648658882&sa=X&ei=HSFyT_WnMKXEmQXetaXHDw&ved=0CJgBEPMCMAk

and a little OT but 'Hello' Erny :wave: you said for me to say hello...I was that woman who poked you with the table-decoration-orchids at the evenings end. Ernie = Calendula, Boronia = Herb Robert :)

Ordered a scaler via Sway :D. Will see how I go with it.

And :wave: Boronia :D. It was great to meet you at the MDBA Awards evening - was a lot of fun. :laugh: at "Erny" being known synonymous with "Calendula". But not surprising.

I too would like a blunt scaler Boronia. For similar reasons that I feel it would be safer for those who've not done it before.

Sway - Is it possible to scratch the tooth enamel with scalers (either the blunt or the hooked)? Is there a knack or special way they should be used?

Edited by Erny

I am sorry I don't stock the scraper type.

It would be possible to scratch the tooth with both types I imagine if done wrong.

I "pick and flick" at the tarter and not on the tooth if that makes sense.