A Whippety Winters Day On Carrum Beach

Kirislin

our little social whippet racing club had a members day on Carrum beach yesterday. Almost 30 whippets running free and racing each other up and down the beach made for quite a sight. There were several DOLers, Sir WJ, Beltar, Miss Whippy, Sarsanet and myself. There might have been others, I'm not sure. Anyway, I took a few photos. So did Beltar but she can explain why we wont be seeing any of hers. It has to do with a certain little Iggy with a taste for SD cards.

Fab shots as always! But how did you get the pics to display as a slide show thats a great idea!

I'm not too computer savvy, I dont know the correct way to display a link so I just click on slideshow in flickr and then highlight the address line and copy to post it here, and that's how it comes out. I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules by doing it that way.

Not sure about braking any rules, but it's a great idea. I just noticed now I'm on my iPod touch, I can't view it at all so it must use flash. But on the pc it's great!! Looks like everyone had a great day out, especially the doggies!!

That looks like a great day out :D Fab photos - love the one of the Golden Retriever getting 'mobbed' in the sea :laugh:

mobbed is defintely the right word, I beleive that's what Meerkats do to dangerous animals they find and whippets are sometimes compared to Meerkats. I actually call mine Meerwhippets. :laugh:

Yep, they definitely had fun, that's for sure. I forgot to mention, these were all with my 100m macro, I was a bit nervous to take the big lens down for fear of sand and salt. Maybe next time I'll risk it. I'd love to see what sort of results I'd get with it.