Showing In The Wet

Crazier than golfers?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. It's lightly showering

• I'm at home, I checked the forecast and I hate rain
    • I usually show somewhere with an under cover facility
    • I show in my normal show outfit
    • I show in my normal show outfit with a rain jacket
    • I show in my dags, any excuse will do!
    • Other, explain in comments
  2. 2. It's raining heavily, and has been for a while

• I'm at home, I checked the forecast
    • I'm on my way home, bugger this for a joke
    • I usually show somewhere with an undercover facility
    • I show in my normal show outfit with a rain jacket over the top
    • I show in my dags, and gumboots
  3. 3. It's raining, and the ground has turned to mud

• I'm at home, silly
    • I'm on my way home, bugger this for a joke
    • I usually show somewhere with an undercover facility
    • I show in my normal show outfit with a rain jacket and stylish little ankle gumboots
    • I show in my dags and gumboots
    • I don't show, because my dog wasn't bred to work in muddy conditions and it doesn't show them at their best

I recalled Ballarat last year.

I took my bottom layer of clothes off when I got in the car. Forgot I needed petrol :laugh: :laugh: so had to pull wet skirt back on to fill up.

Back to knickers when back in car. ;) ;) ;)

Just hoped that I did not get pulled over by the cops.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As everyone who was at Albury will know I show in mud :laugh: but will confess that if Bilbo Baggins hadn't been staying at my house I would have pulled the pin on Sunday as it was getting quite ridiculous at that point. A lady who was set up next to us was camping and wasn't going to pull her wet gear down until the weather dried as she was moving on to another show (Cootamundra???) and had to leave today. Today has been the first fully fine day since :rofl:

As everyone who was at Albury will know I show in mud :laugh: but will confess that if Bilbo Baggins hadn't been staying at my house I would have pulled the pin on Sunday as it was getting quite ridiculous at that point. A lady who was set up next to us was camping and wasn't going to pull her wet gear down until the weather dried as she was moving on to another show (Cootamundra???) and had to leave today. Today has been the first fully fine day since :rofl:

I had intended to come see you again on Sunday but as soon as the breed judging was done and Isaak got beaten in the run-offs, I was gone. I had two dogs to take home in the car, a 6 1/2 hour drive ahead of me, I was covered in mud from the knees down and covered in wet plastic from the knees up and all I wanted was to head for home.

So sorry I didn't get to say goodbye, but it was lovely meeting you and now I know it's a reasonably easy drive and there's pet friendly accomodation in the area, I'll no doubt be up there again.

I did a show many years ago, the weather started fine then Hughie opened up the clouds just before we went in :eek: well you can inmagine I was running full pelt aroound the ring, as we came round the corner I ended up A over T on my left side, sliding under the ropes & draging my poor dog into the next ring :rofl:

I do remember the judges face laughing, best part was we got Challenge Dog, BOB & in Group , my Bitch got CC, RUBOB & RUIG

Dont know if it was for the stunt or did the judge feel sorry for me, mud & slush right down my left side :rofl:

Not anymore I will stay home If I know it will rain having a fine coated shivery dog & little ones that look like drowned rats when they get wet :(