Poor Puppy And The Rpsca

DaisyDog

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If it were me, the dog would be untangled and safe by now. How despicable to stand by and do nothing all because there's a fence in the way.

That's not fair on me. I literally can't get over the fence myself. None of them. On my way out to town earlier I stopped to see if I could.

I can't believe there's even a discussion about it. Didn't someone call the RSPCA fencesitters earlier in the thread? Pot, kettle, black?

SAVE THE POOR BLOODY DOG then worry about rverything else later. I can't believe someone is NOT helping a dog in distress all because they are concerned they might get a fine for trespassing.

If it were me, the dog would be untangled and safe by now. How despicable to stand by and do nothing all because there's a fence in the way.

That's not fair on me. I literally can't get over the fence myself. None of them. On my way out to town earlier I stopped to see if I could.

Yes it's fair. You are doing nothing. Get a ladder, get someelse to go over the fence, make a hole in the fence to get through. Get the dog untangled and safe!

Have you called the police yet??

gayle - if the OP is genuinely scared of the owner and belives he has 'friends' in the street then would you seriously ask her to go in there and perhaps risk violence against her and her family and own animals?

situations are complicated, not saying that the OP is right or wrong in not having taken the dog out personally but although you may have no issue risking the safety of yourself, your family and your animals for a needy dog, you can't ask that of everyone. it sounds like the OP is genuinely worried about the dog and scared of the owner and you can't predict how someone who has no issue with violence will react to having his property invaded.

at this stage i would go down to the rspca and demand that someone come and have a look at the animal, not leaving until they do - you have already reported it to council, rspca and police so they will all have records of your insistance that something must be done. usually they try and get to the 'priority' cases first and may not understand that this is a priority case. but they have an animal ambulance and inspectors for a reason and i'd be reminding them of that.

alternatively maybe ring the council and make a noise complaint regarding the dog - it may get the ranger out there as my council seem to take noise complaints more seriosly than anything else...?

ETA - just seen the dog was picked up by the rspca, excellent!

Edited by mackiemad