Help Save My Dog's Life, Pleads Saffron

murve

Rehoming the dog to a city home isn't necessarily going to solve the problem either. I know quite a few people that live in a residential home that have pet chooks.

I agree with Persephone, surely they can find a way to manage the problem...whether it is training or a more secure dog run.

Might be a good idea to post this in the rescue forum too. :)

Edited by Baileys mum

Why cant they build a fenced dog run????

Honestly, what did they expect when they bought a Whippet??

Yep. Our guys are in enclosed runs with a concrete floor when we are away, not even a whippet is going to break out of that. You can responsibly keep sighthounds in the countryside, heaps of people do it.

Simply easier to get rid of the dog. No expense building a dog pen or fencing, and wait you could get another dog and see how that one goes. Welcome to the consumer society throw out anything that wears out its welcome, or becomes difficult. (Am I being too cynical?)

I dont understand why this is a newspaper story. I certainly hope the whippet finds a better home than the one he's got before he's destroyed. I suspect all of my whippets would throttle chooks given half the chance, all this dog needs is secure fencing. I hope she contacts whippet rescue.

I dont understand why this is a newspaper story. I certainly hope the whippet finds a better home than the one he's got before he's destroyed. I suspect all of my whippets would throttle chooks given half the chance, all this dog needs is secure fencing. I hope she contacts whippet rescue.

I sent an email to the rescue person at the Whippet Association of Vic.

This person sent an sms to the dogs current owner to let them know they can help if need be.

:)

Why cant they build a fenced dog run????

Honestly, what did they expect when they bought a Whippet??

Yep. Our guys are in enclosed runs with a concrete floor when we are away, not even a whippet is going to break out of that. You can responsibly keep sighthounds in the countryside, heaps of people do it.

Yep mine too. They have never escaped or killed chooks or lambs or anything. When you have a dog like a Whippet and many others you need to forsee any potential issues and manage them appropriately. My Whippets have never escaped or harrassed anything and we have lambs that are under a week old right around the house.

Edited by OSoSwift