Accident At Lillydale Show

experiencedfun

My son was playing with him earlier in the day, so we had an interview with the show manager- the boy is fine- a couple of scrapes and a bump on the head- (miraculously)! Apparently there were 2 children on the A Frame of a moving trailer, no idea who the kids are etc- but glad that it turned out with no permanent damage in the end

I dont think the driver realised as we saw them driving out of the complex on the hwy - we were doing a photoshoot at the time and thought we heard someone yell dog loose- it wasnt until later it was someone trying to stop the driver- but they didnt hear/see

There was a group of 5 - 6 kids who thought running in front of cars was a good way to keep themselves occupied - I was coming through the car park and 3 of the group darted out infront of my car - 2 of the older ones made it but the younger one realised he was going to be too slow and stopped and went back - they all thought this was funny and by the time I parked and went to look for them they were gone , this happened about 2 - 3 hours prior to the accident. I did try to find out if anyone knew where the kids had belonged but no one seemed to know . I dont have a problem with kids at shows as I have them myself - BUT I do have a problem with the parents that let them go (sometimes for hours) without any adult supervision.

The number of kids that are brought to shows and left to their own devices are phenominal.

I've caught kids going through my stuff. One youngster tried to walk off with my 2 year old son (less than happy about that one). Another had attempted to open my one of my crates that contained a dog.

Seriously if you are going to bring you kids with you to a show it is your responsibility to look after them. The rest of us attending these shows are not there as your personal babysitters. The parents of the little boy should consider themselves extremely lucky that it wasn't more serious because next time they may not be so lucky!

....the worst thing about this - the sort of parents that let their kids run wild with little care about what they get up to or worry that they could get hurt, are the ones that will try to sue or at the very least abuse you if you hurt their child, even if it was unavoidable and not your fault.

Shakes head!!!

Also have to say that two of these children who were playing chicken with the cars, did the same to my mum when she was moving her car forward to make room behind her for another car, these kids a boy and a younger girl were just running through the parked cars and not checking to see - lucky mum was doing a slow crawl.

I don't understand why parents don't care about where their kids are - that boy was very lucky to get off so easily. Seriously, parents need to know where their kids are not leave them to their own thing.

....the worst thing about this - the sort of parents that let their kids run wild with little care about what they get up to or worry that they could get hurt, are the ones that will try to sue or at the very least abuse you if you hurt their child, even if it was unavoidable and not your fault.

Shakes head!!!

I shake my head to!

I have seen kids getting up to all sorts of trouble, when are their parents going to be held accountable, frankly I am getting sick of the trouble that these kids up are getting up to, the thieving, the accidents waiting to happen and the total disregard for others, their property, their dogs etc is getting beyond a joke. :mad

The little boy is extremely lucky that his injuries are just superficial, the whole thing could have been so so very bad!

Edited by Stolzseinrotts

The boy suffered a broken finger and was kept in hospital overnight because he had a bad bump on the head and was quite groggy after the accident.

He is a very, very lucky little boy and I really hope this has taught him a lesson but I don't know...............

He suffers from ADD (I think that is the term?) and attends a special school, his mum is a single mother and she isstruggling to deal with him. IMHO if he was my son I would kick his arse but I don't know if that would help either.

Thank god, the people driving the car were totally oblivious to what happened, I can't imagine how distraught they would have been if the knew.

The boy suffered a broken finger and was kept in hospital overnight because he had a bad bump on the head and was quite groggy after the accident.

He is a very, very lucky little boy and I really hope this has taught him a lesson but I don't know...............

He suffers from ADD (I think that is the term?) and attends a special school, his mum is a single mother and she isstruggling to deal with him. IMHO if he was my son I would kick his arse but I don't know if that would help either.

Thank god, the people driving the car were totally oblivious to what happened, I can't imagine how distraught they would have been if the knew.

What a relief , I watched the boy jump on the A bar and did all the screaming , when it kept going ,the whole scene is haunting ,and has not left me ,the boy is a little bugger and always very inventive with his games . The problem here is he involves other children ,that would not normally do as he does ,Personally I feel very sorry for the family involved . Maybe we all should keep an eye on him .

I am so, so sorry you had to witness it Denny :cry: Sending you huge cyber hugs. If you need a real one you can usually find me with my Samoyeds just ask for Jen.

I have no idea what I would do if he was my son (maybe become an alcoholic!!)I do feel for his mum who is a genuinely nice person. I am so lucky my children are so well behaved, my daughter was with me Sunday and even though she is eleven, the only time she left my or my ohs side was to go to the toilet and even then she asked me if she could go. My three kids are 17, 13 and 11 and they are usually very tolerant of 'littlies' and they don't like associating with him.

But *sigh* the thing is other people shouldn't have to keep an eye out for him. I work 50 hours a week, come home on Friday night and spend anything between 4-6 hours getting 2 or 3 dogs ready for the weekend. Showing is my time, if my kids come with me they bring dvds, ipods, the laptop and books and are expected to behave in a completely appropriate way if I am grooming or in the ring. I can completely understand other people being completely pissed off with him and others running riot so to speak.

But *sigh* the thing is other people shouldn't have to keep an eye out for him. I work 50 hours a week, come home on Friday night and spend anything between 4-6 hours getting 2 or 3 dogs ready for the weekend. Showing is my time, if my kids come with me they bring dvds, ipods, the laptop and books and are expected to behave in a completely appropriate way if I am grooming or in the ring. I can completely understand other people being completely pissed off with him and others running riot so to speak.

exactly !!!!!

I'm sorry but if mum can't keep an eye on him all the time then she needs to make sure that someone is while she is busy.

The carpark is hardly a safe area for children to play in.

This could have been so much worse ...

(edited to expand a bit more)

Edited by Dellcara

exactly !!!!!

I'm sorry but if mum can't keep an eye on him all the time then she needs to make sure that someone is while she is busy.

The carpark is hardly a safe area for children to play in.

This could have been so much worse ...

(edited to expand a bit more)

I agree - if parents cannot look after their kids at dog shows they should not bring them or forgo coming to the show themselves. I have also had young children running around and scaring young dogs, especially puppies. It is great to see young children at shows wanting to be involved but only if they know how to behave!!!