Awesome Pro Pit Movie

Keira&Phoenix

I don't know if this is the right spot for this but really wanted to share. Mods please move if it is in the wrong place.

A friend of mine who is a huge Pitbull lover and advocate who is also deeply involved in breed rescue has put together this fantastic video which includes movie clips and pictures. Most of the dogs you see are Aussie dogs but there are a couple pulled from overseas. You may even recognise a few dogs :) Facebook has for some reason removed the video, we are unsure why as it is not offensive or rude in anyway, we will continue to share the link and post the video.

Please have a watch and feel free to share around :)

Video has been removed for the moment

Edited by Keira&Phoenix

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say it was pulled from Facebook due to the very distressing images of dog fighting. You might want to put a warning up - I wasn't expecting to see that at all.

I agree, and a side note I understand the intent of the video...but alot of what is shown might strengthen some arguments...Also I it lacked alot of hard evidence of what a true APBT is compared to a PittBull...some dogs in there looked nothing like an APBT or the Pittbulls I know....

anyway just some feedback...

I am not sure it showed anyone was failing to abide by legislation unless you have information on the dates the pictures were taken??

However, from a marketing viewpoint, it sends mixed messages and will not help promote the breed I wouldn;t think. The picstures of tattoos (still considered largely unacceptable in the general domain rightly or worngly) and the images of fighting and reference to this in the breed developemt will only count against them.

The pictures aside from the above were lovely and told a warm and caring story. I thought they were fabulous.

Yes - when something says "pro-pit" the last thing I'd expect to see is aggression. I think non-pit loving people would be very put off by dog fighting images - I know I just think of how my dogs wouldn't stand a chance and I'd probably end up dead trying to defend them.

Please add a warning at the very least.

I thought the reason behind using the dog fight photos was because they mentioned that any dogs who showed human aggression in the pits were culled. To me it seems like a logical argument in trying to get the message across that there was no place in the breed for human aggression. :confused:

edited: just had another look and must have confused it with other clips I have seen over the last couple of days. One or two pics in the pits with people along their side would have been enough if they had to be included at all. But yes - awful photos... :(

Edited by Andisa

I recognised two photos of dogs in that video as belonging to a friend of mine. I contacted her and she did NOT give permission for either dogs to be used in the video. Neither have confirmed pit bull heritage and one is most definitely a Stafford with NO pit bull heritage.

Personally I am absolutely disgusted by this as is she. Her dogs have now been incriminated in a video promoting pit bulls in this country. What happens if an ACO sees this video and recognises her dogs???

Please remove the video and tell your friend to remove ANY DOG IN THE VIDEO THAT HE DOES NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO USE.

Most people make no distinction between human and dog aggression. Tell the average person on the street that pit bulls were bred to dog aggression and they will assume the dog is overall aggressive.

No where in the video did it say they were bred for dog aggression it only said they were culled for human aggression.

The fighting photos were included to point out what WE as "humans" have forced these dogs to do, the horrible pain and horrible deaths we inflict on them. I have seen much worse photos posted all over facebook and the web in general.

Legislation in most States of Australia is just a restriction ie: dog needs to be neutered and some States have no legislation and as someone else already pointed out you do not know when the photos were taken so it proves nothing in relation to people flaunting laws.

The tattoos were included to show owners dedication to their dogs. I think you will find that at least 50% of the general population now have tattoos.

melzawelza - She needs to contact the maker of the video if she has issues with his use of the photos she made public on the internet. It will not be hard to find him he will be one of her facebook friends.

The tattoos were included to show owners dedication to their dogs. I think you will find that at least 50% of the general population now have tattoos.

Where did you pull that fact out from? :laugh:

http://www.vanishingtattoo.com/tattoo_facts.htm

It's kind of dodgy from a legal standpoint to be using photos that aren't either public property or registered under creative commons in a video, though.. Your friend could get in trouble for that, it's important when making promotional public videos to get the permission of the people who own the footage or images in the video. That could potentially be why it was removed, or it could have otherwise been removed because it contains pictures of dog fighting/shocking imagery.

Where did you pull that fact out from? :laugh:

http://www.vanishingtattoo.com/tattoo_facts.htm

It's kind of dodgy from a legal standpoint to be using photos that aren't either public property or registered under creative commons in a video, though.. Your friend could get in trouble for that, it's important when making promotional public videos to get the permission of the people who own the footage or images in the video. That could potentially be why it was removed, or it could have otherwise been removed because it contains pictures of dog fighting/shocking imagery.

Sorry to say I take zero of what you say seriously anymore DJU.

Why do people continue to pull American Statistics for Australia...... different countries, different cultures. They do the same with dog attack statistics its ridiculous.

Why do people continue to pull American Statistics for Australia...... different countries, different cultures. They do the same with dog attack statistics its ridiculous.

Come on, you've met me in person and you know what I'm like without being colored by your present prejudice against me, grow up a little why don't you... :confused:

You said "general population", you didn't say anything about Australia. And I am willing to bet a lot of those images of dogs fighting are from the US anyways. I think it's highly unlikely that there are "more than 50% of the population" in Australia who are tattooed and yet only 16% of Americans have tattoos. That seems like a hugely skewed amount, you need to keep in mind that we're all humans at the end of the day, a little cultural difference is not going to result in an increase in tattooing by 34% or more. Anyways, that's irrelevant, my point was that your friend shouldn't be using copyrighted material to be making a promotional video for the American Pit Bull Terrier.

Come on, you've met me in person and you know what I'm like without being colored by your present prejudice against me, grow up a little why don't you... :confused:

You said "general population", you didn't say anything about Australia. And I am willing to bet a lot of those images of dogs fighting are from the US anyways. I think it's highly unlikely that there are "more than 50% of the population" in Australia who are tattooed and yet only 16% of Americans have tattoos. That seems like a hugely skewed amount, you need to keep in mind that we're all humans at the end of the day, a little cultural difference is not going to result in an increase in tattooing by 34% or more. Anyways, that's irrelevant, my point was that your friend shouldn't be using copyrighted material to be making a promotional video for the American Pit Bull Terrier.

You think I am the one who needs to grow up...? Haha ok. I have made my judgement based on my meeting you and things I have seen with my two eyes and been told by Multiple people who I count as friends.

Re read the page you provided it said 36 to 40% of the younger generations have at least 1 tattoo and that was 5 years ago. On top of that 60 year olds arent going out to get a tat so obviously that keeps the stats lower but as older generations pass and newer generations come of age following current trend it will quickly surpass 50%. But this isnt a discussion about tattoos.

Most people make no distinction between human and dog aggression. Tell the average person on the street that pit bulls were bred to dog aggression and they will assume the dog is overall aggressive.

melzawelza - She needs to contact the maker of the video if she has issues with his use of the photos she made public on the internet. It will not be hard to find him he will be one of her facebook friends.

She made public on the internet? 1. her facebook profile is private and 2. She did not post the pictures of her dogs stating like a big red light 'THESE DOGS ARE APBT' which is what the video is doing. Not only is it completely incorrect (One is not APBT and the other she has no idea, may or may not), but it is incriminating her dogs! To not see why that isn't ok is madness.

She made public on the internet? 1. her facebook profile is private and 2. She did not post the pictures of her dogs stating like a big red light 'THESE DOGS ARE APBT' which is what the video is doing. Not only is it completely incorrect (One is not APBT and the other she has no idea, may or may not), but it is incriminating her dogs! To not see why that isn't ok is madness.

I had nothing to do with the making of the video.

As I said she will be facebook friends with the person who did and she needs to contact him.

Edited by Keira&Phoenix

I had nothing to do with the making of the video.

As I said she will be facebook friends with the person who did and she needs to contact him.

I know you didn't make it and i'm sorry if it seems like i'm attacking you, but I suggested that you please take the video down until she has contacted him and the video has been edited. DOL has a HUGE reach and posting it here is meaning that potentially hundreds of people are viewing it.

Keira, I am aware that large numbers of people have tattoos (although I would seriously argue 50%) and I myself also have a couple. However, as I said, from a marketing point of view they are seen as a negative.