Can Our Dog Go Any Where?

Atanquin

I love my dog, but Im more than happy for them not to be allowed at cafes.

Not everyone is smart about it, and having a strangers dog jump at your legs while you're trying to have a nice meal isn't always pleasant. Then theres the people with allergies. Then the dog that yaps all the time, and the two dogs that will do anything to get to each other from different tables...

But why can't cafe owners decide what clientel they want? Why are they forced not to allow dogs? For some cafes (eg near parks) dog owners are a big revenue earner. Small businesses are doing it hard enough without the councils closing off revenue opportunities. People with allergies can eat inside or go to non-dog cafes.

Because we live in a world that sues at a drop of a hat & we have to many owners who don't consider others & allow there dogs to annoy other clients.

My dogs sleep on the bed etc etc BUT i also see how many of our clients treat our facilities when they enter ,They allow there dogs to piss up our BBQ,out door settings,doors the list goes on.

The small minority leave an ever lasting mark .

We are use to dog hair in our coffee & the things that go with dogs but i also appreciate not everyone else is & have no issues with places being a no go for dogs because the way i see it is if i can take my dogs then people with pet rats,ferrets etc etc should also be able to take there pets & i now many a dog person who wouldn't agree to that

Probably they had complaints. Don't forget, not all people are animal lovers and resent having dogs around when they are eating and drinking and personally, I can understand why.

I can't, bacteria doesn't magically jump from the dog to someone's plate or mug. The more people learn about what sort of things are a more realistic danger to food safety the better IMO.

In reality dogs are no more of a food hygiene risk than anything else that abounds around eateries, but because of the misguided perception that they are dirty or whatever most places would rather get rid of the dog than argue with people who know nothing about microbiology or food safety.

I didn't say anything about bacteria. I merely said that some people resent having animals around when they are eating and I can understand why. You probaly didn't read it properly.

I did read it I just went with the most common perception that dogs at an eating establishment constitutes a hygiene risk. Sometimes it's worth pointing out that the hygiene risk is overstated, I'm glad that in your case you are fully aware of food safety issues and don't need to be told but some others may not so IMO it's always worth making people aware of it.

Either way no one in this thread has suggested that all eateries allow dogs just those establishments that do wish to allow them should be able to do so without being penalised for it. There are already heaps of places that don't allow dogs anyone who doesn't want to eat around dogs has never been forced to.

Hey guys I went to one last place and they lady said they got a call from health and safety and apparently they are the ones that said they are not allowed apparently some of the shop owners had asked if they could have a dog area outside but no it still and eating area. I have no problem with dogs outside and if you don't want to be near dogs when eating then go inside then everyone is happy but thats another topic thanks to everyone who responded very helpful