Adelaide Show

*Oscar*

Hey Guys,

Im trying to find out what times the different breeds are on show for the 7th September. I so far have only been able to find a list of the breeds for the day but nothing with times on it. Don't want to be getting there at 9 to find the dogs I like are on at 3pm.

Any help here would be appreciated :)

There are no scheduled times, the judging just works through the listed breeds & timing depends on numbers in those breeds.

If you post which breed you're after, someone will probably be able to give you a guesstimate.

All exhibits are there all day, so even if you don't catch the breed you're after in the ring, you'll be able to see them in the benching area

generally speaking - how many dogs per hour or half hour does a judge normally do? I've got a catalogue here and might be able to work out rough times. (Although, there are some major omissions in the catalogue, especially on the Sunday sweepstakes day. (Neuter class is missing from the catalogue for example)

Most judges do about 40 dogs per hour, some do less and others can do it quicker though.

Thanks....

So, if the OP wants a general idea of when their breed will be on - I'll have a go.

(no guarantees though - lots of omissions apparently in some areas)

There are a few mistakes in the catalogue, but once the show starts you can take your catalogue to Complete Canine Co, where they will give you a supplement which contains the missing pages

My breed is the first day - so that is good - will get the missing pages before I turn up on the first Sunday

Have you seen the missing pages? Do you know how many state bred dogs, bitches and then neuters there are? (there are only 5 state bred dogs in the catalogue at present.) There are also only 7 puppy of the year finalists - I know there are obviously lots more eligible than that and in previous years I seem to remember an entry of around 14 or 15 for that class. 7 would seem to be a small number based on previous years.

Ill aim for 11 and hope my daughter likes the dogs so much she doesn't act up :)

I have a golden retriever so Im thinking a standard will be better with him but I love the mini dapples. I've been half looking and seeing very few dapples so thought ill head to the show look at some breeders and hope I like a more common colour.

thanks for the help guys :)

Sorry to hijack the topic but didn't want to start a whole new thread. Is it at all possible for any clever person to work out APPROXIMATELY when the baby puppy dogs will be judged on Sunday? I'll be there all day, but OH has to work. He'd like to come down to see Moose and I in the ring if possible, but I have no idea if we'll be in the morning or afternoon or what. Thanks in advance, I know it's a long shot! :o

Sorry haven't seen the missing pages.

Some years there are not many competing for PotY at the Royal, so what's in the catalogue may well be it for this year. There wasn't many competing at this year's Battle of the Champions in the puppy section either.

Hey Rottshowgirl, could you please let me know who won each section and how many in both sections.

I was invited with my dog and puppy but the puppy blew his coat in April and still hasn't grown it back so I didn't think it was worthwhile just bringing my older dog (who didn't really have a hope in hell of winning :laugh: ) over.

Would love to know results :D

Hey Rottshowgirl, could you please let me know who won each section and how many in both sections.

I was invited with my dog and puppy but the puppy blew his coat in April and still hasn't grown it back so I didn't think it was worthwhile just bringing my older dog (who didn't really have a hope in hell of winning :laugh: ) over.

Would love to know results :D

Sorry, don't know numbers.

PotY was Nick Gouzos' Mini Smooth Dach and Supreme Winner was Gemcourt Kennels Griffon

My co-owned Pyr made 3rd round :)

Sorry to hijack the topic but didn't want to start a whole new thread. Is it at all possible for any clever person to work out APPROXIMATELY when the baby puppy dogs will be judged on Sunday? I'll be there all day, but OH has to work. He'd like to come down to see Moose and I in the ring if possible, but I have no idea if we'll be in the morning or afternoon or what. Thanks in advance, I know it's a long shot! :o

Cass, I'll have a squizz at the catalogue tonight, but might not be able to let you know as the Sunday Specials were a bit stuffed up and there are some pages missing

Cass, I'll have a squizz at the catalogue tonight, but might not be able to let you know as the Sunday Specials were a bit stuffed up and there are some pages missing

I've had a look at it....

There are a total of 91 dogs before Baby Puppy Dog - so about 2 hours. BUT and it is a big but - two of the classes are Brace Class and Parent and Offspring. I am not sure whether they are faster or slower than normal judging (43 teams of dogs). Also - according to the catalogue - there are only 5 state bred dogs entered - which I know isn't correct. This is where the catalogue ends (without the rest of this class and without the State bred bitches and neuter classes). I would imagine at least 30 state bred dogs entered - not the 5 that are in the catalogue (I know of 4 that are entered but not in there) - but who knows. Could be an hour longer or not.... Hard to tell. You're the 4th class on - I would think maybe before lunch?

OK, so how did you guys get the catalogue? Was it posted out or is it online somewhere?

Picked it up at the shows on the weekend (Canine Company had them.) Pretty sure that this is where they will be for sale at the show too.