Keen To Start Competing In Agility

Maybe they can continue to do the rest of the weaves, but for someone after just time, they can just keep running past them...no further penalties. At the last trial I went to, I noticed one judge ordering handlers to keep running when they missed...she wasn't very happy with people who re-entered the weaves, saying that they were training in the ring. Lucky we didn't miss any, otherwise I would have taken my dog back & that would have upset the judge. So be it...I would rather be disqualified anyway, than let my dog get away with it, when she knows better. It's as stupid a rule as the wee saw :o I think the only new rule, I can see any sense in, is the max height of the table being 400, as some tables can get a bit wobbly when they get higher & it's only meant to be a place to pause.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ETA - ADAA is a bit cheaper as well. Entries are $4 per run with $50 membership for 3 years. CCCQ entries tend to be between $5 and $7 per run with $60 or something similar membership per year.

Has it gone up? I could have sworn I only paid $15 for 3 years

OT, but who do I contact about starting Lexi in a beginners course at BAD next year?

No ADAA trials here so that makes my choice easy :laugh:

Meh... we will still travel to do ADAA :) They are trying to organise more that are closer to Canberra again as many ACT people used to do ADAA but stopped when they didn't hold close trials anymore. There are a few of us die-hard fans that will still travel to attend though :) The closest ones are either Camden (2hours) or Dapto (2.5hours).

I really like ADAA, the whole atmosphere of an ADAA trial is much more relaxed. People are not playing for sheepstations and they all just pitch in and help out. I think one of the big contributing factors to that is the fact that in ADAA you are only ever competing against dogs that are your height. Then you have the regular program that allows you to continue running your dogs as they are starting to age etc because you are jumping them 1 height lower. Delta is not even 5 but I run her in the reg program because she simply cannot handle jumping 650mm (she is only 500-510 at the shoulder). ADAA gives me that option and she is fine over 550mm.

I also really like the NFC (not for competition) option with ADAA. It means I can set my dog up in a trial situation and then suddenly whip out a toy in the middle of the course for doing something great.

$4 runs are also great, although you have so many options with ADAA that we still end up paying just as much but get twice as many runs as we would with ANKC. An untitled dog can run in 4 different jumping and 4 different agility runs each trial, plus any games that are on offer!

The titles can be a little confusing to work out at first, but you start to get the hang of it after a little bit :)