While We're On The Neuter Subject

2psinapod

Sorry if this has already been talked about ...... but

Is Neuter Classes compulsory in NSW now? Or only for Class A Shows?

I was under the impression that it was mandatory to have the classes at all shows, but I've since heard that it was trying to push ahead but was squashed and it isn't, and I've also heard that "Yes, they have to be at all Shows" :confused:

Sorry if this has already been talked about ...... but

Is Neuter Classes compulsory in NSW now? Or only for Class A Shows?

I was under the impression that it was mandatory to have the classes at all shows, but I've since heard that it was trying to push ahead but was squashed and it isn't, and I've also heard that "Yes, they have to be at all Shows" :confused:

It was quashed but NSW has a fair number of shows with neuter.

Yes BB, they do now but they never used to and after talking to some Show Sec's of a few of the local ones around here they said they HAD to have them, they would never of put them on otherwise, some groups don't get any entries at all and of course you still have to have a sash and prize, so I thought maybe it had been brought in for the larger number shows and not the small Ag's etc.

Yes BB, they do now but they never used to and after talking to some Show Sec's of a few of the local ones around here they said they HAD to have them, they would never of put them on otherwise, some groups don't get any entries at all and of course you still have to have a sash and prize, so I thought maybe it had been brought in for the larger number shows and not the small Ag's etc.

Unless things have changed to my knowledge its still not compulsory.

They are picking up well tho' early this year I would be in hound group neuter with only one or two others and now we seem to have a full line up so people are coming out of the woodwork! yay!

Well I did ring Dogs NSW and asked if it was mandatory, the conversation went like this ......

"No I don't think so"

"You don't think so .... can you find out please"

Put on Hold for a few seconds

"No I don't believe it is"

"You don't believe it is, can you please find out for sure"

"Would you like me to ask my supervisor?"

"Ummmm Yes please"

Put on hold for about a minute

"No, they are an option"

"Thank you *smiling between gritted teeth* Goodbye" :rolleyes:

I would love to be able to put a Neuter Class on, but sadly little Ag shows run a tight ship and any extra spending is frowned upon, I really wanted them to come back with a YES answer :o

Well I did ring Dogs NSW and asked if it was mandatory, the conversation went like this ......

"No I don't think so"

"You don't think so .... can you find out please"

Put on Hold for a few seconds

"No I don't believe it is"

"You don't believe it is, can you please find out for sure"

"Would you like me to ask my supervisor?"

"Ummmm Yes please"

Put on hold for about a minute

"No, they are an option"

"Thank you *smiling between gritted teeth* Goodbye" :rolleyes:

I would love to be able to put a Neuter Class on, but sadly little Ag shows run a tight ship and any extra spending is frowned upon, I really wanted them to come back with a YES answer :o

2P's its not really that much extra.

Get it happening by the club then ask for donations in the neuter thread. I will donate the group 1 sash. Capanash is good for group 7. :D :D :D

Over the last few months I have sent letters to some Vic clubs of shows that I attended this year and really enjoyed and asked them if they would include neuter classes in their shows next year. My letters were well written and explanatory.

I have offered sash sponsorship and suggested requesting further sponsorship in here... but sadly they have declined.

I find it really disappointing. :(:confused:

Over the last few months I have sent letters to some Vic clubs of shows that I attended this year and really enjoyed and asked them if they would include neuter classes in their shows next year. My letters were well written and explanatory.

I have offered sash sponsorship and suggested requesting further sponsorship in here... but sadly they have declined.

How disappointing, that even with sponsorship to cover expenses (which is the only reason classes aren't held) that they still won't do it?!

Really frustrating!

Which Clubs ???

I know that it still seems like a waste of time to most people but my old girl loves to come away for the weekend or the day and to be shown. They do know the difference of being shown or not. I will support the clubs that offer this class and will / have driven past shows that are at the park in order to attend a show that offers neuter. These clubs need to realise that its not just the neuter entry - most shows I will enter 4 others dogs in as well - so if there is a club offering a neuter cc class then I will take my 5 entries there.

Which Clubs ???

I know that it still seems like a waste of time to most people but my old girl loves to come away for the weekend or the day and to be shown. They do know the difference of being shown or not. I will support the clubs that offer this class and will / have driven past shows that are at the park in order to attend a show that offers neuter. These clubs need to realise that its not just the neuter entry - most shows I will enter 4 others dogs in as well - so if there is a club offering a neuter cc class then I will take my 5 entries there.

I agree Bisart. I too am travelling further to enter shows that hold neuter classes over those local ones that don't and putting in multiple dog entries. I also explained all this in my letters and added that others are doing the same thing.

I actually also think there is probably a fair bit of attitude that some of these affiliates not believing these classes should be held and this is why they do not wish to. I do not believe that it is entirely because of the funds and waste of time, but this is most likely a contributing factor.

Sorry, I do not feel it is appropriate naming the clubs I have approached, but I can definitely say that there are some people on committees that think neuters should not be shown at all.

I think this is a very backward way of thinking.

My neuter bitch has progeny being shown. It does not have to be about showing stock that is yet to be bred with.

I love that there are neuter classes and hope to show my daughter's Cavalier in the future. He was pet-homed on a desexing contract but his breeder nearly cried when she saw him afterwards because he was lovely. I've approached her about him being shown in neuter and she was 100% supportive. Thankfully we have quite a few shows with neuter classes.

Which Clubs ???

I agree Bisart. I too am travelling further to enter shows that hold neuter classes over those local ones that don't and putting in multiple dog entries. I also explained all this in my letters and added that others are doing the same thing.

I actually also think there is probably a fair bit of attitude that some of these affiliates not believing these classes should be held and this is why they do not wish to. I do not believe that it is entirely because of the funds and waste of time, but this is most likely a contributing factor.

Sorry, I do not feel it is appropriate naming the clubs I have approached, but I can definitely say that there are some people on committees that think neuters should not be shown at all.

I think this is a very backward way of thinking.

My neuter bitch has progeny being shown. It does not have to be about showing stock that is yet to be bred with.

Yes, but if more of us approach them then maybe they will change this in the future. I think this is the only way to get them to see the bigger picture and most exhibitors are happy to sponsor the sashes etc And to further your other point Rhemy has produced 3 Champions, 2 Dual CH's & 2 Register of Merits in her first litter and has 3 progeny being exhibited from her second - its not about not her having to prove anything its about it being fairly offered to everyone who wishes to exhibit.

Well BB I think I might just do it ;)

I guess the worst that can happen is the Ag Society sack me and well considering I only agreed to take it on because there was no one else, well ..... they can sack me then :bottom:

Well done to you 2p. :thumbsup:

When is this show proposed. We will try to make it and support your neuter classes :)