Anti Bsl Clothing

Teebs

I am not sure if it is worth looking into this, but a few years ago we got some Anti BSL shirts made up for dogs and people.

Would it be something others would be interested in again? And if so - does anyone remember where we got them from last time?

Teebs, Vista Print have a huge amount of specials at the moment. They have just offered me a free customised t-shirt, mug etc. Damn addictive site... Mke sure you open a new email account though as you get about 5 emails a day, mostly freebies

Most people in the general population don't know what BSL is so it would probably get the message across more if you write "Banning a dog breed (rather than BSL), targets the wrong end of the lead".

I would not have known what BSL or "BSL- Bullshit legislation" meant before I joined up here.

Most people in the general population don't know what BSL is so it would probably get the message across more if you write "Banning a dog breed (rather than BSL), targets the wrong end of the lead".

I would not have known what BSL or "BSL- Bullshit legislation" meant before I joined up here.

I'm a big believer that branding should never comprise of a whole sentence. To get someone's attention, it needs to be quick and snappy. Though, something a bit more explanatory could probably go on the back.

It would all be explained through other mediums anyway. A bit like "Oscar's Law." Not many people would know what that is if they saw you walking with it on your t-shirt... but if it's enough to draw attention, and get people to ask questions, then it'd done its job.

But, I actually only did that mock-up to show some people how easy it is to create their own t-shirts.

www.cafepress.com.au has a lot of BSL merchandise. I haven't bought anything just browsing now.

I bought the following Shirt for OH for his birthday but it comes in womens, hoodies, dog shirts and a lot of other merchandise as well.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/xtrigx/t-shirts/7367062-bsl-is-bs-dark

Edited by Sezz

I am not sure if it is worth looking into this, but a few years ago we got some Anti BSL shirts made up for dogs and people.

Would it be something others would be interested in again? And if so - does anyone remember where we got them from last time?

Teebs - I *think* the shirts may have been a special order from fluppies.

I like the BSL ones, but I'm not sure it's something the public would appreciate? I would just be concerned the offensive nature of it would add to the stereotype of bull breed owners being 'rough' etc?

Personally I think the more you can steer away from that stereotype, the better.

I really love the 'wrong end of the lead' ones :)

I like the BSL ones, but I'm not sure it's something the public would appreciate? I would just be concerned the offensive nature of it would add to the stereotype of bull breed owners being 'rough' etc?

That was my thought too. I had played around with the idea of having something like "No Breed Left Behind."

Teebs - I *think* the shirts may have been a special order from fluppies.

Yes you're right, I googled BSL shirts and lookie what I found!

http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/79081-anti-bsl-doggy-shirts/

I still have a pink large Breed Bans Punish the Wrong End of the Leash and a navy blue one to fit a small dog.

My Rottie passed away before she had the chance to wear it and my Cavalier grew too big to wear his so both have never been worn if anyone is interested in them.

EFS

Edited by cavNrott