Litter Due In November 2011

Bilbo Baggins

Sunni has had 4 pups today 3 boys and 1 girl all really strong pups but Iam having trouble as Sunni has inverted nipples and we have only 2 nipples that they seem to able to latch on to. Any suggestions would be great I have been trying to get the strongest one to go one of the others but I just can't seem to do it. Iam exhausted and so is Sunni poor love has been in labour all day.

I had this with one of mine, they came good after a few days as the milk came in stronger and i kept trying to get them to use the other nipples.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I had my Cavalier girl scanned last Friday and I was prety sure she was pregnant but wanted to confirm it before I listed here. She has had some nipple development so I was hopeful.

The scan shows one foetus!

Gosh I hope there is another hiding somewhere in there.

The senior Vet was away until this Wednesday so we are rechecking then.

Of course, I will have her x-rayed at 8 weeks (I hear you all say :laugh: ) to confirm size and numbers since she will have to have a c-section anyway by the looks of things.

This is her first litter ,poor girl, I know I shouldn't beat myself up but I feel so guilty. :( putting her through this.

Oh. and she's due 30/11 - 1/12.

Fingers crossed that there's another bub hiding in there somewhere!

One of Maizie's little girls passed away this morning. RIP little baby.

Run free sweet Maizes babe. :rainbowbridge:

Well the second scan still shows only one bub.

My vet says he will prog. test her at 61 days to see how her hormones are doing.

He said the first preference is for her to birth naturally if at all possible as she is rather a big girl, which is why I chose a smaller compact male for her and knowing that there is only one pup in there not to increase her feed but keep her on good quality food and make sure she stays trim and toned and not to let her get fat at this stage.

Edited by LizT

Well I had my Cavalier girl scanned last Friday and I was prety sure she was pregnant but wanted to confirm it before I listed here. She has had some nipple development so I was hopeful.

The scan shows one foetus!

Gosh I hope there is another hiding somewhere in there.

The senior Vet was away until this Wednesday so we are rechecking then.

Of course, I will have her x-rayed at 8 weeks (I hear you all say :laugh: ) to confirm size and numbers since she will have to have a c-section anyway by the looks of things.

This is her first litter ,poor girl, I know I shouldn't beat myself up but I feel so guilty. :( putting her through this.

Oh. and she's due 30/11 - 1/12.

Fingers crossed that there's another bub hiding in there somewhere!

One of Maizie's little girls passed away this morning. RIP little baby.

Sorry Lindsay :cry:

My vet says he will prog. test her at 61 days to see how her hormones are doing.

He said the first preference is for her to birth naturally if at all possible as she is rather a big girl, which is why I chose a smaller compact male for her and knowing that there is only one pup in there not to increase her feed but keep her on good quality food and make sure she stays trim and toned and not to let her get fat at this stage.

Sounds sensible as long as the pup doesn't get too large :)

I'm expecting 2 fat lumps from my girl. Her last litter of 5 were very big and as she is 7 years of age she will be having a elective c-section, then desexed next year after our Nationals.

Sounds sensible as long as the pup doesn't get too large :)

I'm expecting 2 fat lumps from my girl. Her last litter of 5 were very big and as she is 7 years of age she will be having a elective c-section, then desexed next year after our Nationals.

Good luck with your "2 fat lumps" :laugh: I wouldn't mind having a second 'lump' but as this is her first effort at mating I will try with her again next season if a natural delivery or maybe the one after if she has a c-section. See how she goes.

I've been waiting to see if I can join this thread. Noticed the other day that even though she hasn't really changed shape (aside from bigger boobs, but she had that last time with a phantom) she has got very heavy. Amber should be due about the 21st. (mini schnauzers)

I've been waiting to see if I can join this thread. Noticed the other day that even though she hasn't really changed shape (aside from bigger boobs, but she had that last time with a phantom) she has got very heavy. Amber should be due about the 21st. (mini schnauzers)

:thumbsup: Hope so Becks!

Added. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Crystal is like this, big boobs and not much shape change at day 41. But we KNOW she only has the one puppy in there!

Good Luck becks. :crossfingers:

Edited by LizT

Have been given a preggy pom to whelp as her owner has been called away due to family emergency and most likely wont be back in time.

shes due 23rd nov. big as a house!!!

Can i join in please????????? please???? Ill even use CAPITAL P's! Please!!!!

cherry on top???

Have been given a preggy pom to whelp as her owner has been called away due to family emergency and most likely wont be back in time.

cherry on top???

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Given all your bad luck no worries. ;)

cherry on top???

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Given all your bad luck no worries. ;)

WOOT! thanks :)