Lymphoma.... :-(

I'm so sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you.I remember how I felt when I lost my GSD Sian to leukaemia when she was 4 years old, I still shed a tear even now , 5 years on.Remember Kiya with love and fond memories, he will live on in your heart forever . Sue

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Birni I am so sorry to hear the news and sorry that I didn't see the post earlier :wave:

I have just been told that my 10 year old Shih Tzu, JoJo, has lmphosarcoma. Last week she had an exploratory and a bowel lesion was discovered. She had a bowel resection and this week has been going great so I thought she would be fine. Then the vet rang ;). I remembered this thread as I lost a cat to lymphoma about 18 months ago, so went searching and now I am in tears.

Thanks everyone for your input on this thread. I will read the links and digest the information tomorrow when I am not so upset.

Rusty: JoJo's initial symptoms have been vomiting up bile and on these days very listless. But the next day she would be fine and running around like normal. These days would be every couple of weeks and then progressed to more frequent. Then I noticed she was losing weight so the tests started. Nothing showed up in blood or urine or x-ray. A growth was seen with an ultrasound so then an exploratory was done.

RIP Kiya :)

Birni,

I have been spending most of my time in the Rescue Forum & have not been visiting here as often as I used to, hence I have only just read your sad news.

God bless Kiya, for he was so brave in the face of an insidious illness. He waits for you at Rainbow Bridge & you will carry him in your heart forever.

Best regards,

Alison :vomit:

Birni, I just caught up, too. Bless you for battling for every comfort & care for Kiya.

I saw a lovely tribute by someone for his dog that had gone to the Rainbow Bridge:

'Always in my mind, forever in my heart.'

So it will be with Kiya...at peace, out of pain, & still much, much loved.

Hugs.

Edited by mita

Thankyou everyone for your thoughts and wishes. I haven't been able to come back here until today. The past week and a bit has been so so hard and I have really struggled to remember that he was not my soul purpose. I guess I had put everything I could into my little boy over the past few months and although I was prepared for his loss, I perhaps didn't prepare myself for how to cope with the loss!? Still, it's not as worrying as it sounds as I know it's a grief reaction and I know it does get better (and is already - this time last week I was a wreck!) with time. I haven't been able to read the Rainbow Bridge again yet but I know the story and I know he is there. His loyalty and love to me will never, ever be forgotten. Again, thanks xx