Faolmor

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr J Eberhardt Germany

Mrs B Banbury United Kingdom

Mrs R McCarry-Beattie Ireland

I would post who they are judging but it wont let me copy and paste and it'd take forever lol

Is Banbury doing papillons by chance? If so, looking forward to results from that.

Hope the BOB winners enjoy the worm tablets they're offering as the prize this year :laugh: (Though I have to say, it is nice to have SOME form of sponsorship this year. I'm not ungrateful. But worm tablets are a bit...unglamorous! And wI'm not sure Fionni will be thrilled with his prize when it's shoved down his throat :rofl:)

Just a weird day overall. There were hardly any dogs there and the hall felt empty and lifeless - not to mention stinking hot and stuffy. Judging was all done before 12pm, which made for a very long afternoon. The usual interesting judging decisions - including my own bitch, who was non-awarded! Interesting decision - and interesting reason given by the judge, since she was a two-times European specialty winner :laugh: Oh well. Luck of the day, I guess!

No break given to exhibitors over lunch, so the public were there ALL day. Of course, having Irish Setters, that meant dealing with the "they're so stupid!" comments non-stop...which wears VERY VERY thin after the 200th time...

Also, the only warning we had to get ready for judging was the final, "Get to the ring now!" call. Which of course happened while my husband and child were next door in another pavilion. Standing there with two ungroomed dogs, no leads, no numbers, and no handler...a bit stressful. Big thanks to SparkyTansy for all her help...and for nearly having to step into the ring in her civvies to handle my hastily dog lol

Anyway, back on Saturday for BIG with my boy, so we get to enjoy it all over again!

Best of luck to everyone today and for the rest of the week.

Foalmor, at least you had one call to be at the judging ring.

At the Melb royal I didn't hear any anouncements requesting such & such breed to the judging area.

Yes Royals are certaintly a lucky dip.

Whom is judging Schipps this year? I expect that there will only be four entered????

Have fun everyone

BB