Kennel Recommendation

corvus

Looking for recommendations for boarding kennels. The boys have never done kennels before and I'm a bit nervous about it. We are in Southern Sydney, but happy to travel to get them somewhere that will take good care of them.

ETA Aside from PAX, who I've already contacted. :laugh: I know Calabash and Meadowmist have been recommended as well, but hoping to find something closer.

Edited by corvus

I love Acacia Lodge but she doesn't take many dogs and may be already booked out.

Looking for recommendations for boarding kennels. The boys have never done kennels before and I'm a bit nervous about it. We are in Southern Sydney, but happy to travel to get them somewhere that will take good care of them.

ETA Aside from PAX, who I've already contacted. :laugh: I know Calabash and Meadowmist have been recommended as well, but hoping to find something closer.

Acacia Lodge was booked out. A friend suggested Allendell in Darkes Forest a while back and so I gave them a call. She did actually know what a Vallhund and a Lapphund was, so that's a good start! :laugh: She was happy for us to come and have a look around.

Hanrob is really expensive and I don't really like the huge number of dogs they handle. I've been told they have their very own strain of kennel cough.

Edited by corvus

Acacia Lodge was booked out. A friend suggested Allendell in Darkes Forest a while back and so I gave them a call. She did actually know what a Vallhund and a Lapphund was, so that's a good start! :laugh: She was happy for us to come and have a look around.

I had a client who used to board their GSD at Allendell and were happy with them.

• 2 months later...

All four have kennel cough - which I can understand however one of the toy poodles was so hot to the touch, after getting her home we got her to the vet first thing this morning - she had a temperature of over 40! All four dogs lost at least 1 kg each and my two white boys (maltese shihtzus had yellow feet and stank! We phoned this morning - the kennels do not have drainage so they must have been walking in their own urine for seven days to have that smell!

All four have kennel cough - which I can understand however one of the toy poodles was so hot to the touch, after getting her home we got her to the vet first thing this morning - she had a temperature of over 40! All four dogs lost at least 1 kg each and my two white boys (maltese shihtzus had yellow feet and stank! We phoned this morning - the kennels do not have drainage so they must have been walking in their own urine for seven days to have that smell!

That is terrible.

What's the go with boarding kennels do they take you for a tour so you can see or is it a shop front situation as in you don't get to go inside?