Introducing Takoda

You big sooky-la-la! What are you going to be like when she starts her first day at school????

Only joking.... she'll probably need her mum tonight so you'll get to fuss over her lots.

:laugh: @ the sooky-la-la comment.

I was lost without her today.

There was a fill in vet on and they were going to keep her in overnight :eek: but I wasn't comfortable with that. I was scared she'd rip her stitches out or something, and preferred to have her home where I can keep an eye on her. :) (no one is on duty there overnight). I wouldn't of been able to sleep otherwise.

She is in her crate atm snoozing away. On the way home in the car she looked at her tummy and whimpered, then looked at me as if to say "It hurts Mummy", :( .

She was very happy to see me when I arrived to pick her up. They carried her in through the rear door and she was looking around trying to find me. Once she saw me she looked so relieved. As was I to see her. :D

And yes I have been fussing over her, even before she came home. :laugh: Making sure her vetbeds were washed and dried, and making her a special chicken and vege broth which she loved when she got home. She had 2 bowls of it!

Oh and speaking of school, my little Jack starts kindy in a few days time. I am going to miss him so much. :(

Here is my little girl - growing up so fast. She is so beautiful, both on the inside and out. Even the vet nurse commented on how well behaved she was, especially for a puppy. :)

Some recent pics

6688383875_bbe4764551.jpg

6688375747_8696f4b333.jpg

6688372035_560b5ecd2c.jpg

6688365185_71b4862c29.jpg

6683839011_30981e3018.jpg

6610579583_9d7584e5e3.jpg

6610585617_13dfbbe02a.jpg

6610588411_f22ac79e5b.jpg

And a couple to come, taken tonight.

Edited by k9angel

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not long after I picked her up from the vet and still a little groggy.

6759875825_108ddeb3e4.jpg

Her little tummy post op.

6759875835_263b99f014.jpg

Nice and comfy in her crate. I am going to miss her sleeping on the bed tonight. :( (but prefer to be safe than sorry).

6759875837_27e2e58e0b.jpg

Edited by k9angel

Ooooooo, only just seen this. Takoda is absolutely gorgeous. I am so pleased she is helping to mend your heart Rach. Good to hear she came through her surgery safe and sound. :thumbsup:

On a side note. I can' t believe it's nearly 2 years since Mya joined us. She is doing so well. I must send you some recent pictures. x

Ooooooo, only just seen this. Takoda is absolutely gorgeous. I am so pleased she is helping to mend your heart Rach. Good to hear she came through her surgery safe and sound. :thumbsup:

On a side note. I can' t believe it's nearly 2 years since Mya joined us. She is doing so well. I must send you some recent pictures. x

OMG has it been that long already! :eek:

Glad to hear Mya is doing so well. I would looove to see some recent pics. ;) :)

Another OT but does Jack start kindy this week or next? I know it wont be the same for you having him around the house and he'll probably be wondering why kindy doesn't have any dogs!

He starts this Tuesday. He's been to 4 transition days so has a fairly good idea of what goes on there. I got all teary at all 4 transition days. They got us (the parents) to stay seated while the littlies were led away to the classroom.

He is so excited and has been counting the days down for the past 2 weeks. School is so different to when I went. :eek: no more blackboards or whiteboards, he has this huge touch screen computer thingy instead. (can't think of the name of it).

Oh and while I am here, Takoda is doing great. You wouldn't even know she's had an op. :laugh: I have crated her the past 2 nights but I think she can sleep on the bed tonight. She was playing zoomies a little while ago in the loungeroom in the dark :laugh: and I thought 'Nope, crate for another night', but then she came and planted herself here under my feet, as if she knew what I was thinking. :laugh:

It is incredible just how fast they bounce back isn't it?

Edited by k9angel

Hard to keep the younger dogs quiet after surgery and Takoda looks like she loves a game in the pics you sent me of her and Princess.

The people replied to say that Princess wasn't right for them and nor was another little dog I sent through - I have no idea what they want and I don't think they do, I think Princess is absolutely gorgeous so will keep her in mind for any other enqs I get.

Hard to keep the younger dogs quiet after surgery and Takoda looks like she loves a game in the pics you sent me of her and Princess.

The people replied to say that Princess wasn't right for them and nor was another little dog I sent through - I have no idea what they want and I don't think they do, I think Princess is absolutely gorgeous so will keep her in mind for any other enqs I get.

Yes she does love a game, especially zoomies in the middle of the night. :laugh: She ended up sleeping on the bed last night and boy, did she snuggle in. :laugh:

She is playing with her little squeaky toy elephant in the loungeroom at the moment. She is pouncing & tossing it around. :laugh: She loves her toys.

And no probs, re; little Princess. I had an enquiry for her last weekend and they came to meet her, but I got the impression they basically just wanted a playmate for their other doggy. Don't get me wrong, they were very nice people, but just not for Princess. She deserves to be no. 1. ;)

I can't get over the wonderfully intense eyes that Takoda has - such a stunning dog.

And everyone, start saving your Rescue Remedy for K9Angel for when she has to leave Jack at school - LOL.

Thanks DD. She does have gorgeous eye's. It's as though they can see straight through you.

And :rofl: @ the rescue remedy remark.

Takoda is gorgeous! and clearly cherished :)

So great to see you back DD :)

Oh she is Nic. ;) She is my baby girl and knows it. :laugh:

She follows me around everywhere, sleeps by my side and makes me smile, just like Gyps used to. :)