Neuter Ch Classes- A Question To Ask

InspectorRex

There has been lots of discussion on DOL about this - in Sydney the Hound Group usually has more in neuter than in many of the age in group class now but just at the beginning of the year there was only one or two so clearly the support is picking up.

Show secretaries need to realise that many of us have showable neuter dogs as well as our current new *stars*. I certainly will choose to attend the show where I can enter all of the dogs vs one which I can't. So they lose my general entries if they don't offer neuter. I have been putting a note into my show entries telling them that I chose their show because of their support of the class.

I can't be bothered wasting a stamp on the letting the others know I DIDN"T enter theirs vice versa :(

edited for spellunmk

Edited by Meea

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no such thing as Neuter in Group, there are specific classes that are available. A dog could win Junior Neuter in group and win no points because there was an Open Neuter in the same breed that took out the breed then went on to ON in group. It is the same as classes. The BOB Neuters don't automatically all go up against each other unless the only class offered is 18/A.

Maybe if the class was better supported it could justify the CC's arguing for more points to be available. The NT has supported the class prior to the class being given the points recognition. We often have a large percentage of our entries being neuter compared to the numbers quoted in this thread.

Hi,

Thanks for that info, I was told the BOB Neuters do run off....so been barking up the wrong tree.......LOL.......

well at least we have supported Neuter Classes with our Phoebe taking out Best Neuter In Show at our breed specialty( and yes there were other neuters) and we have entered another show with Phoebe in Neuter.

My understanding of the Neuter Champion Title was that it was a ANKC Approved Title therefore ALL states can offer it??

I agree that the CC's need to do a Publicity campaign about Neuter Champions

As for donating Sashes, I donated a Best Exhibit In Group 5 for the recent Shepparton Ag Show and not 1 person has had the manners to at least advise me who won the Sash. I don't expect anyone to send me flowers lol I would just like to know who won BIG so I can congratulate them

As for donating Sashes, I donated a Best Exhibit In Group 5 for the recent Shepparton Ag Show and not 1 person has had the manners to at least advise me who won the Sash. I don't expect anyone to send me flowers lol I would just like to know who won BIG so I can congratulate them

oh get over yourself, I've donated sashes in the past and have no idea who won them nor does it matter. I was just glad to help out where I could, same as sending the odd entry in to a show I have no intention of going to when a call goes out for more entries or the show might not run the following year ( usually agi shows way out in the country ). I do it for the sport not the recognition.

I donate lots of exhibit cards, does that mean I should be told who the winners are? :laugh:

Great idea oakway.

And another thought along a similar line, how about our state CCs offering free transfer from Mains Register to Mains Neuter Register for a period of time also.. I can't remember, but am pretty sure there is a cost involved in this?

This is already on offer from some member bodies, IF you do not want a new certificate of P&R printed at time of the transfer. The only difference in the certificate would be the sex, instead of Dog or Bitch it would be Neutered or Spayed. You will get a new certificate issued when you get your title anyway. Check with your state office to see if they are one of the ones who offer this free service.

Graham

Edited by GRD

For those who want to enter shows with class 18 & 18a offered, Book your holidays NOW.

The Territory Tour starts in Alice Springs on 5 July 2012 and finishes in Darwin on 5 August 2012, there will be 17 YES 17 all breeds shows offering the classes during this period.

Ads will be in DNA Dec 2011 and Feb 2012 issues as well as interstate journals around feb 2012.

Graham

There is no such thing as Neuter in Group, there are specific classes that are available. A dog could win Junior Neuter in group and win no points because there was an Open Neuter in the same breed that took out the breed then went on to ON in group. It is the same as classes. The BOB Neuters don't automatically all go up against each other unless the only class offered is 18/A.Maybe if the class was better supported it could justify the CC's arguing for more points to be available. The NT has supported the class prior to the class being given the points recognition. We often have a large percentage of our entries being neuter compared to the numbers quoted in this thread.

At the Campbelltown & Districts show this year they offered Neuter classes in puppy, junior, intermediate & open and all of the neuter BOB winners went on to compete for Neuter In Group regardless of class, with the remaining classes in group afterwards minus the NIG winners class, like BIG is run. Same for in show, Best Neuter and then classes.

I think there is still quite a bit of confusion among some of the affiliates on exactly how these classes are supposed to be run.

Now, looking at how it may work with multiple classes in each breed offered and entered instead of just Open (18 + 18A) I am even having my doubts now as to what should occur.

Does anyone has a copy of an instruction or running sheet of hoe the neuter classes should proceed when run with multiple classes in each breed please? I would like to read this.

I have seen catalogues with Neuter classes incorrectly written up (out of order) and run this way also. I gently and nicely raised this at the time, just as a way of informing and it was not received well.

You have to wonder if some of these clubs are reluctant to offer the Neuter classes could it be because they are unsure of exactly how to run them and do not wish to ask or be advised or feel they have the time to learn it or advise to stewards etc? Just a thought.

VCA Regulations state

NEUTERED EXHIBITS CLASS - For neutered pure breed dogs of breeds recognised by the ANKC.

This class cannot compete for Best Dog/Bitch or Challenge Certificate.

then they go on to add (obviously as an afterthought)

Numbering of Classes

Class .1 Baby Puppy

.2 Minor Puppy

.3 Puppy

.4 Junior

.5 Intermediate

.6 Novice

.7 Graduate

.8 Limit

.9 State Bred

.10 Australian Bred

.11 Open

.12 Veteran

.13 Brace

.14 Local

.15 Puppy Neuter

.16 Junior Neuter

.17 Intermediate Neuter

.18 Open Neuter

.19 Interstate

.20 Handlers

.21 Champion

.22 Sweepstakes

.1 Baby Puppy

.2 Minor Puppy etc.

Bitch classes to be numbered: 1a, 2a, 3a, 4a, etc

As much as I would like like to see the classes available the same as as our entires it is just not practical a the moment.

Why not ask for the neuter class to be as such for the time being.

Neuter class 1. NC1 for dogs 3 months of age but under 18 months

Neuter class 2. NC2 for dog 18 months of age but under 36 months

Neuter class 3. NC3 for dogs 3 months and over or for dog over 36 months of age.

The same for bitches

NC1 A

NC2 A

NC3 A

All judging to follow the format of the Entire Classes through to Group and Show Specials.

As much as I would like like to see the classes available the same as as our entires it is just not practical a the moment.

Why not ask for the neuter class to be as such for the time being.

Neuter class 1. NC1 for dogs 3 months of age but under 18 months

Neuter class 2. NC2 for dog 18 months of age but under 36 months

Neuter class 3. NC3 for dogs 3 months and over or for dog over 36 months of age.

The same for bitches

NC1 A

NC2 A

NC3 A

All judging to follow the format of the Entire Classes through to Group and Show Specials.

Your class NC1 is not possible as a dog has to be over 6 months of age to gain points towards a title. ANKC Ltd Regulations part 5 Shows 7.8 Neuter Championship Points System (exactly the same wording as for entires in 7.7 Championship Points System)

Graham

I think there is still quite a bit of confusion among some of the affiliates on exactly how these classes are supposed to be run.

Now, looking at how it may work with multiple classes in each breed offered and entered instead of just Open (18 + 18A) I am even having my doubts now as to what should occur.

Does anyone has a copy of an instruction or running sheet of hoe the neuter classes should proceed when run with multiple classes in each breed please? I would like to read this.

I have seen catalogues with Neuter classes incorrectly written up (out of order) and run this way also. I gently and nicely raised this at the time, just as a way of informing and it was not received well.

You have to wonder if some of these clubs are reluctant to offer the Neuter classes could it be because they are unsure of exactly how to run them and do not wish to ask or be advised or feel they have the time to learn it or advise to stewards etc? Just a thought.

This problem was brought to my attention in Brisbane over the week end, I will get a guide together as soon as possible (next couple of weeks)and get it out the the member bodies for their affiliates.

Graham

This problem was brought to my attention in Brisbane over the week end, I will get a guide together as soon as possible (next couple of weeks)and get it out the the member bodies for their affiliates.

Graham

That would be brilliant Graham.

May we have a copy posted here please?