Perth Dol Christmas Dinner

hortfurball

i'm out hubby doesnt fly in to the 21st

Can't you come without him?

What if you bite???? :laugh: I don't drive at night especially in freo or perth i have bad eyesight in the dark and i not sure i can get a baby sitter for the three terrors sorry

My bark is worse than my bite ;)

My OH also has night vision issues so I tend to drive everywhere. Suits the control freak in me. :laugh:

Does your OH go to spur horty? :laugh:

Yep, has taken me there too. :laugh: How do you know about Spur?

If you can get a babysitter I could possibly pick you up on the way through Emery... You arent far from Midland are you?

I'm happy to give you both a lift if Mirawee collects you on her way to my place, so all you need to worry about is the babysitter. :)

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RosieFT

OMG as in The Spur? like a steak house type place? I remember going to the Golden Spur as a child several times!! wow.. memories!

So horty sent me a threatening PM and said i had to come in here....

;)

Nov & Dec are no good for me as we'll have relo's here from the US. Eat Greek sounds fabo though, will have to check it out!

ETA - but thank you for the invite. :)

Edited by moosepup

So horty sent me a threatening PM and said i had to come in here....

;)

Nov & Dec are no good for me as we'll have relo's here from the US. Eat Greek sounds fabo though, will have to check it out!

ETA - but thank you for the invite. :)

I'm so threatening. :angeldevil:

Bugger that you can't come after the hours I spent choosing just the right sort of intimidating words...

i'm out hubby doesnt fly in to the 21st

Can't you come without him?

What if you bite???? :laugh: I don't drive at night especially in freo or perth i have bad eyesight in the dark and i not sure i can get a baby sitter for the three terrors sorry

But you were going to need a babysitter when it was you and your OH coming? confused.gif

Grab a lift with one of us. Go on, be an independent woman and come out without hubby attached! thumbsup1.gif

It will be OH and I Horty. Must say dying to try the place, the people who own it owned a restaurant back in my home town which was awesome :):thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WHAT? So our Greek food will be made by South Africans??? :eek::rofl:

Greek south africans lol

Well there are so many types of Australians, so why not? laugh.gif

OMG as in The Spur? like a steak house type place? I remember going to the Golden Spur as a child several times!! wow.. memories!

Yup there is one in Mandurah and soon one in Currambine i believe

After you talking about it Candice, I'd still like to try it!

If you can get a babysitter I could possibly pick you up on the way through Emery... You arent far from Midland are you?

I am just down from La Salle on the same street it runs off of GNH

Grab a lift with one of us. Go on, be an independent woman and come out without hubby attached! thumbsup1.gif

Lol well I could of got him to drive me and watch kids. I'll ask the grandma if she will be willing to baby sit for a few hours.

I'll let ya's know.

By the way i am frightfully shy thats my excuse lol

Edited by emery

By the way i am frightfully shy thats my excuse lol

I used to be shy until I realised it was holding me back so I basically just said to myself, "Stuff it, I'm going regardless"

I still get nervous before meeting new people and I dread going to parties if I don't know more than a handful of the people who'll be there but I bite my lip and do it and usually have a great time once I get there.

One time a couple of years ago was awful as the guy I went with only knew the host, and everyone completely ignored us (quite cliquey) so after about 5 minutes of me and my date making OMG expressions at each other and wondering if we should leave, I bit the bullet, took a deep breath, turned to the person next to me, held out my hand and said loudly, "Hi, I'm (Horty)" (Fake it til you make it moment!) The group near us then seemed to click that we knew noone and all turned and started talking to us, so it worked but gees that was a tense and uncomfortable 5 minutes.

MG, there may be more people popping their heads up. I've sent out a few PMs to people I know have partners. Anyone remember Riverstar (Jean26) and MaKoda? Wazzat Xolo looked in last night but didn't commit (maybe too far). There's still Sparky Tansy and Beddazzled to be heard from...and a few people I haven't sent messages to yet.

Can anyone remember the names of some of the people we've met at past DOL meets? There was a girl who had gorgeous bull breed type dog at the Piney Lakes meet (Adele??), and I'm sure we're missing a German Shepherd owner or two. I'll look through some of the old social events threads later tonight if I can find any.

Can anyone remember the names of some of the people we've met at past DOL meets? There was a girl who had gorgeous bull breed type dog at the Piney Lakes meet (Adele??), and I'm sure we're missing a German Shepherd owner or two. I'll look through some of the old social events threads later tonight if I can find any.

I'm a tad bored at work, so I went back through old threads.

In addition to who you've already messaged, I have hit up the following people with a PM with a link to this thread. No threatening words to attend, just a friendly invitation to join us for dinner :)

serialpuppysnuggler

Tiggy

Ptolomy

Rach...

ozjen

Jenni87

Adele

ChristineX

ILFC

boxagirl

I'm sure I've missed some but at least it's a start!

Edited by RubyStar

Thanks for the invite! The dinner sounds awesome but I might have to put myself down as just a maybe and see as it gets closer to the date. Now have baby to consider with babysitters and the like.

Haven't been on the forums much lately due to baby keeping me busy but if we have any day dog meets I'd be keen to join as poor Sooty doesn't get out and about as much as she would like :walkdog:

Thanks for the invite Rubystar, haven't been on DOL for abit so would have missed it. Not sure if we will be in Albany that weekend so will have to check with J but if we're not and we can afford it J and I might be able to come. What is the latest we can get back to you Hortful. ? Will be working full time in November so might not be fit to go anywhere but my bed with a good painkiller and hot water bottle.:( Still, it means some extra cash for Xmas, so my back better hold out.:thumbsup:

What is the latest we can get back to you Hortful. ?

Oh about a week before should do it, so long as I have a rough idea of numbers to make the booking, I'm sure they won't mind if it goes up or down by a few.

I noticed GoldenRules hasn't been on DOL for ages so I'll call her instead of sending a PM.