"backyard Breeders" Posing As Purebred Breeders

lushos

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it is physically possible for a dog to have four litters in 12 months. The vast majority of bitches only come into season once every six months?

I did not know that... all I know is that there was only one female and one male there... so that scares me even more then where the pups could becoming from??

i hate being sceptical.....but as i said i smell a windup.....

this person has been given every bit of info about what to do....and are still fishing......i dont get it..

you would think someone who has so much knowledge about who is and isnt a reg breeder and about ankc papers etc...

would know the basics of dog reproduction......i swear it sounds like the OP is just trying to see if anyone else was dumb enough to go along with it....... :coffee:

this person has been given every bit of info about what to do....and are still fishing......i dont get it..

you would think someone who has so much knowledge about who is and isnt a reg breeder and about ankc papers etc...

would know the basics of dog reproduction......i swear it sounds like the OP is just trying to see if anyone else was dumb enough to go along with it....... :coffee:

Gosh - Im so sorry I came here for help now....

I thought that this was a place where genuine breeders could be asked questions by people like me who dont know anything other than what they see when they visit pups..

re read my post and tell me those pups are safe/ok..

Im not going to ask anymore questions or for anymore help on this - clearly the welfare of dogs is not high priority here and Im sorry I asked now.

Gosh - Im so sorry I came here for help now....

I thought that this was a place where genuine breeders could be asked questions by people like me who dont know anything other than what they see when they visit pups..

re read my post and tell me those pups are safe/ok..

Im not going to ask anymore questions or for anymore help on this - clearly the welfare of dogs is not high priority here and Im sorry I asked now.

thats what im talking about right there- the welfare of animals is the number one concern on here.

what gets me upset is that troy is so trusting of the people he lets join here, so everyone can have a good time and share their doggy experiences and general love for the dog :)

and then there are a few bad eggs...that make it unbearable sometimes.....( not saying OP ) just explaining myself :)

To the original poster (=OP in forum jargon)

If you want better feedback you're going to have to provide more/better information.

BYB needs definition. What did the alleged BYB do? Why do you call them a BYB? In my book, BYB is essentially a slanderous term, thrown around because one guy disapproves of how another guy breeds.

But when push comes to shove, we're going to be stuck with choices between relatively informal breeders who operate out of a back yard, and relatively formal breeders, who have a kennel of sorts.

We need to get better at deciding what standard are acceptable for the back yard . . . and what are acceptable for formal kennels. Also need to get clear about the difference between 'pedigree' and 'purebred'.

I don't think it is physically possible for a dog to have four litters in 12 months. The vast majority of bitches only come into season once every six months?

I smell something......... ;) sounds like a windup

A whiff of "eau de Troll", perhaps?

Assumptions much???

What breed was the "byb" selling btw?

did the apparent byb get their listing deleted?

Does it matter?

How often do female dogs come into heat?

On average this occurs about twice a year or every six months, although it varies from dog to dog. When cycling first begins, there may be a great deal of variability in the time between cycles. This is normal. Some females take eighteen months to two years to develop a regular cycle.

There is no evidence that irregular heat cycles predispose the dog to false pregnancies or pyometra (uterine infection). Small breeds tend to cycle more regularly than the larger breeds. Three and occasionally four heat cycles per year can be normal in some females.

Very large breeds may only have a "heat" cycle once every 12-18 months. In most giant breeds (Great Danes, Irish Wolfhounds, St Bernard's, etc.) an oestrus cycle every twelve months is common.

From http://www.vetwest.com.au/reproduction-dogs

Does it matter?

How often do female dogs come into heat?

On average this occurs about twice a year or every six months, although it varies from dog to dog. When cycling first begins, there may be a great deal of variability in the time between cycles. This is normal. Some females take eighteen months to two years to develop a regular cycle.

There is no evidence that irregular heat cycles predispose the dog to false pregnancies or pyometra (uterine infection). Small breeds tend to cycle more regularly than the larger breeds. Three and occasionally four heat cycles per year can be normal in some females.

Very large breeds may only have a "heat" cycle once every 12-18 months. In most giant breeds (Great Danes, Irish Wolfhounds, St Bernard's, etc.) an oestrus cycle every twelve months is common.[

From http://www.vetwest.c...production-dogs

This is true however, bitches are pregnant for 9 weeks after they have been on heat for 2 weeks rear their young for 8 = 19 weeks - even if they came on heat in the next 8 weeks which they dont = 27 weeks + on heat for 2 weeks before fertile = 29 weeks + 9 weeks pregnant = 38 weeks + 8 weeks to rear = 46 weeks . Squeezing in two litters per year is a hard ask let alone 3 or 4.

Well, if this "byb" is still trying to pose as a registered breeder..it would be good to know what breed they are trying to sell?

assumptions much? i apologized to the OP twice, and then the reaction is that everyone here doesnt give two rats about dogs?? yeh, everyone here has tried to help the OP and the OP was given advice, and it just continued on and on....if people here didnt give a rats they wouldnt of tried to help.

this is TWICE the OP has accused the people on this forum of not caring about dogs? why join here then to get help if none of us give a rats about dogs?

the OP couldnt answer simple questions when asked either..? a few people asked what breed? and asked to see a photo of the pup they were sent? and nothing.....the OP just went on and on about the same thing, even though it was explained in a hundred different ways.

and then when it was all calming down, had to fire it up again with the bitch going to be bred 4 times BS....

judge me if you want....but the my opinion

I smell something......... ;) sounds like a windup

A whiff of "eau de Troll", perhaps?

yup, famous scent that one, how many times have trolls come here in the past and then when they get caught out because nothing adds up do they chuck hissy fits accusing people of not caring about dogs?? HUNDREDS

I want a pure bred dog - that is what I am paying top $$$ for ... not a backyard pup...

pure bred ? the pups may well be pure bred .. you said that you have spoken with the breeder of the original dam and sire .. so, if they were then sold on as pups, not desexed, and bred from .. the litter is 'purebred' , but not registered . Is that what happened? I have found this confusing.