Rotti X Jrt

Roguedog

Does anyone remember that ad on gumtree for rotti x jack russell pups?? well I got to meet the person who bred them today, she tried to tell me that jack russells are built to be able to handle big pups like that and that its actually ok to breed a large breed male to a small breed female... apparently 5 vets told her its ok to do it?? WTF! dont think so!!!!! :mad

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a breeder so I wouldn't really know, but I have heard from experience dog people (can't remember if they were a breeder) that even if you cross a large dog with a small dog, the size of the pups and number of puppies will adjust to the female's smaller size, so that it usually works out ok anyway.

how stupid. Many breeders of solid dogs actually have to watch what size dog/lines they put over a bitch since they tend to get stuck or the bitch has a lot of trouble carrying them. FFS people are incredibly stupid. Those 5 vets need to not be practicing either.

Im a bit baffled why someone would want to cross a small dog with a large dog - whats wrong with all the other medium sized dogs that are already out there?

I'm with you....I can't for the life of me see the appeal of crossing a JRT with a Rotti :confused: I can't even imagine what they would end up looking like. :eek:

Stupid morons :mad:mad Poor little JRT bitch having to carry puppies that are probably too big for her body & then more than likely needing a C-section to get them out. :(

I don't know if I can believe that 5 vets would condone such a breeding. :mad

:mad its like the "pomsky" pups i saw on gumtree earlier this year......

pom x husky

and the female was the pom..... they had 7 puppies :mad:mad

i emailed her to express my utter disgust, and to ask why she had no thought for her female dogs welfare...

the response i got was:

" go get F****d!! you dont know me or my dogs, i am an rspca inspector and i am entitled to do as i please, jealousy is an ugly emotion, you are just jealous that you cant breed dogs like mine, i wouldnt sell you a puppy because you couldnt afford one of my $1000 rare breed puppies- go and get a life you sad loser, I am a vet and I know what i am doing"

:eek::eek: her response was horrid and the claims she made.....omg...it made me feel sick.

this woman demanded to see PHOTO ID if anyone was to come and see the puppies, and you have to fill out some wacko visitors logbook to prove you were there etc.....

she was truly off her rocker........ and the worst part is they all SOLD

on top of all these claims she claimed to be a registered ANKC breeder???? so a registered backyard breeding dog rescueing vet?? ........

the world is getting ridiculous all in the name of the might dollar :mad:mad:(:(

huskies4life88, that's terrible! that was such an unprofessional response yet she claims she's something of an animal related profession, what a joke! in my opinion backyard breeding should be made illegal and there should be some kind of licensing to be able to own pets.

huskies4life88, that's terrible! that was such an unprofessional response yet she claims she's something of an animal related profession, what a joke! in my opinion backyard breeding should be made illegal and there should be some kind of licensing to be able to own pets.

I agree completely. i couldnt believe her response....it made me cry thinking about the dogs involved......

how do people justify $1000 for a cross like that!!!!

when i was a kid you wouldnt be able to give those pups away........now everything is designer!!!, hybrid blah!!!! :mad

I seriously doubt she actually got that advice from 5 vets. Wouldn't be surprised if she didn't get any vet advice at all. What a stupid, selfish, totally unnecessary thing to do :mad

exactly, if I wasnt about to start the classes and also so darn peeved I would have asked her for the names of those vets, if she turns up next week ill ask her (mind you her membership has been removed so I doubt she will turn up next week!!) I work at a vet clinic and my boss nearly fell over laughing when I told her about it, no vet would have ok'd it...

" go get F****d!! you dont know me or my dogs, i am an rspca inspector and i am entitled to do as i please, jealousy is an ugly emotion, you are just jealous that you cant breed dogs like mine, i wouldnt sell you a puppy because you couldnt afford one of my $1000 rare breed puppies- go and get a life you sad loser, I am a vet and I know what i am doing"

hmmm, a vet AND an rspca inspecter??? lol, whatever!! god some people are spastics!!!!

i would've said to her, "how about i breed you with a f*****g elephant and let me know how you go popping those out!"

:rofl: I just choked on my drink

I remember the add. Some people make me really mad :(

Edited by atua

its as easy as pressing the reg breeder button on gumtree become one :rofl:

pitty all these fools who actually pay money to show and health test the big bucks is made by pressing a button a free classified site :rofl:

:mad seriously it makes me really p*****Off

oh, i see! so anyone could be a registered breeder on there :mad