Cool Coats

Paganman

Mum got hers in the mail today for her Basset Hound... 2 weeks delivery and it's absolutely fab.

Clean Run Cool Coat

I received mine yesterday and am sending it back as faulty, I'm not happy with it at all plus it feels really slimy like a gel substance leaking and is very heavy. Thinking of getting more Cool Champions as these have lasted me for years and I have been very happy with them. Just thought I would try something different and compare.

post-28246-0-49282900-1321951151_thumb.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mum got hers in the mail today for her Basset Hound... 2 weeks delivery and it's absolutely fab.

Clean Run Cool Coat

I received mine yesterday and am sending it back as faulty, I'm not happy with it at all plus it feels really slimy like a gel substance leaking and is very heavy. Thinking of getting more Cool Champions as these have lasted me for years and I have been very happy with them. Just thought I would try something different and compare.

Did it come as it is in the picture? What a joke - it looks like it has been used. I would be disappointed too. Stick with Cool Champions - no messy gels, not heavy and as you said, seem to last ages!

hmmm it will be interesting to hear from other who ordered them, whether you were an unlucky one off or if others have had the same problem. :mad

I am going to hold off making an order now, i was thinking about ordering one for my pup. :eek:

Mine arrived this morning and it all seems fine. Not slimy and looking at your photo, for all the loose threads to get caught up in the Velcro it looks like yours has been used before. :( Mine is very light, nothing unusual about the weight.

No threads caught in my Velcro.

Mine arrived this morning and it all seems fine. Not slimy and looking at your photo, for all the loose threads to get caught up in the Velcro it looks like yours has been used before. :( Mine is very light, nothing unusual about the weight.

I was quite excited when I received the package, it looked new and was in a celo bag with all the tags etc and was very light too. I followed the instructions and soaked it in the sink. This happened as I rung it out.

I was quite excited when I received the package, it looked new and was in a celo bag with all the tags etc and was very light too. I followed the instructions and soaked it in the sink. This happened as I rung it out.

Oh, off to soak mine now :(

Mine was perfect and then I soaked it, some of the Velcro caught on the blue area and caused the same effect but only a little area. Was also a bit slimy but I thought maybe that was apart of the way it cools??

I hope it still works, I got it ages ago so can't really send it back (haven't had to use it yet!)

Just soaked it, made sure the Velcro was all done up.

Certainly a bit slimy and heavy. Wondering if the slimey feeling is why it says to go through one wet/dry cycle before use :confused:

The dog didn't seem to mind wearing it. The weight doesn't bother me too much, as heavy holds it against the skin more and perhaps will keep it cooler longer. I will keep telling myself this, as I have a 2nd coat in transit now! :laugh:

The more water it holds the longer it will last, you don't have to keep taking it of and re-soaking it every half an hour like some of the chamois fabric ones.

Has anyone tried the reflective coats that don't need to be soaked? Would be interesting to hear some reviews of those.

The more water it holds the longer it will last, you don't have to keep taking it of and re-soaking it every half an hour like some of the chamois fabric ones.

Has anyone tried the reflective coats that don't need to be soaked? Would be interesting to hear some reviews of those.

I've just ordered a couple of Chilly Buddy coats after a rave review in this thread. Will let you know when they arrive!

Is there anyone with experience using them on coated breeds whose coat doesn't lie flat? I'd love to try some of these but as my breed backcurls all along the topline I can't see how they wouldn't flatten and damp the coat down. Especially on the short models which would leave the croup dry and puffy in comparison...

The under chest straps are hard too with our very deep chests and heavy fringing... Are there many that don't go under the chest?

Maybe I'll have to stick to wet sheets hanging over the pens and crates!

Is there anyone with experience using them on coated breeds whose coat doesn't lie flat? I'd love to try some of these but as my breed backcurls all along the topline I can't see how they wouldn't flatten and damp the coat down. Especially on the short models which would leave the croup dry and puffy in comparison...

The under chest straps are hard too with our very deep chests and heavy fringing... Are there many that don't go under the chest?

Maybe I'll have to stick to wet sheets hanging over the pens and crates!

The cool champions are fine on the Deerhound coats Alyosha and I will be trialling the HyperKwl one this week end. I soaked it this morning and left it hanging (before reading about the thready stuff so will see when it dries) I will probably be carrying both kinds around for awhile - If you are around EP or CH come around for a 'dress up'

Meea

edited for spellunk

Edited by Meea