Freighting A Dog From Adelaide To Perth

OSoSwift

I am talking with a person regarding them freighting a Whippet from Adelaide to Perth.

Her quote from a company so far is $850. Now even thought he bitch is unaccompanied it seems very expensive.

I THINK that quote was from Dogtainers

I would love it if someone knows Wayrods email address please

Also if you can recommend a freight company that may just be cheaper than that one!!!

My partner just flew his bull terrier from Perth to Melbourne and back for $170 (one way) with Australian Air Express. It went on the same plane that he flew on as he was travelling as well, but it sounds like you may be just sending your dog and not flying yourself?

Guest english.ivy

Whoa I paid less than half of that with Dogtainers to get Ivy from Tasmania, via Melbourne to Perth, traveling on her own.

Just check that she hasn't accidentally been quoted a door to door service. When I was looking to bring Shae from Perth to Melbourne, I used an online quote thing and it quoted me around $900. I nearly fell off my chair!

But it was quoting door to door.....the breeders house to my house which is 3 hours from Melbourne airport. The breeder got a more acceptable quote of $305 from Jet Pets, and she flew here a few days later.

We flew Ruby (Irish Terrier so probably similar in weight to a Whippet but we sent her in an Aussie Shepherd sized crate) for a few hundred from Perth to Adelaide on her own. I can't remember exactly how much but $850 is at least $550 more than we paid!

There is a new rule now with AAE that Dogtainers must go to the airport to book all animals in. You can't just book through them & then put it on the plane yourself. So they have to charge you for it & all air fares have increased too.

There is a guy at Mile End that has been recommended to me recently that a few breeders here use. Its Animal Transport ph 8354 0499.

Worth a call to compare prices.

Thank you all so muc for your replies and your very generous offer Dxenion.

I knew I could count on you guys :)

Unfortunately the dog was not in Adelaide for Dxenion's husband to pick up but is 400kms east of Adelaide. I must say though very generous for him to offer to deviate from his travels to go into Adelaide to pick her up.

I have been contacted by Wayrod - how good is that a reply on a Friday night - I am impressed!!! We now have a much better quote of around $350 depending on exact weights, crate sizes ect.

I actually didn't know the lady personally apart from our chats on our Perth Whippet Club facebook page so I was frantically trying to get pieces of info together in a really short time frame :) 5 screens open on the computer and 2 phones going :)

Once again I am very thankful for your help and very speedy replies. We have one very relieved new Whippet mum to be.

In my experience Wayrod beats Jetpets and Dogtainers hands down for value for money! And we fly a fair few dogs at iggy rescue. I think we are flying two this coming weekend. I wont use anyone else now.

I have used Dogtainers extensively in the past, my main gripe has been the guy in Sydney forgets to book my dogs flight even though Ive paid for it. So its always lotsa of stress and a huge rush to get the dog on the flight as its all done at the last minute.

Guest english.ivy

Can someone please explain Wayrod for me? I have always used Dogtainers.

I'd like to take Ivy with me next time I go East, hopefully next year and to plan ahead would be awesome.