Online Calendar/canvas, Etc. Printing

Lisey

What are some good sites that you can make a personalised calender (or keyring, mug, etc.) and have them print and post out to you? I wanting to make a 2012 calendar of my two dogs for my partner that is living in Sydney at the moment. And maybe a canvas print as well.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

I've always used harvey normans website for canvas's. I got a canvas done for one of our wedding pictures when they had a 40% off sale (Which seems to happen quite often). I didn't pay postage as I chose to pick it up from the local store, and it came out really well.

I just had some canvases delivered from http://www.canvasfactory.com.au/ I got a voucher deal from www.dealme.com.au for 30x45cm prints for $19 each.

They are great quality, very happy with them, although they are based in Tasmania, the parcel came from China, so I'm guessing they have them dropshipped.

Good deal anyway :)

I also got this deal but am worried...

How do you know they will be light enough for the print? I look at the pics on my computer and they look fine but I recently sent a photo over to Germany to be printed on one of their show dog calendars and it came out very dark :( Will the place "edit" the pic or do they just print it as is? So to bad if it isn't right!

Calibrate your monitor.

If your monitor is not calibrated you have no idea how the prints will turn out. If your monitor IS calibrated properly and the prints come back really off, it's a printing problem. Reputable labs will redo the bad prints.

They likely won't do any adjustments for you but check their site to see if they offer it as an extra service. You'll have to pay and then trust their judgment.

I made calendars through Red Bubble for the first time this year. I ordered them Sunday and they arrived on Thursday. While they certainly were not cheap (worked out to be just over $80 for three calendars, including tax and postage), I'm very very pleased with the quality and turn-around time and wouldn't hesitate to use them again :-)

Calibrate your monitor.

If your monitor is not calibrated you have no idea how the prints will turn out. If your monitor IS calibrated properly and the prints come back really off, it's a printing problem. Reputable labs will redo the bad prints.

They likely won't do any adjustments for you but check their site to see if they offer it as an extra service. You'll have to pay and then trust their judgment.

Thanks KJA. Is there any hard and fast rule for getting the calibration right? I mean everything looks fine on the screen it is when it prints out that there seems to be issues. The monitor is the same brand as the computer.

You need a monitor calibration software/hardware package. There is also a pretty crappy one that comes with Windows but it might get you in the ballpark.

Monitors need to be recalibrated regularly. Here are two sites to help you check yours:

Calibration

Gray bar

If you're sure your monitor is dialed in and your prints come back yuck, it's the printer. Have the lab redo them and tell them not to adjust anything at all and that your files are how you want them printed.

You need a monitor calibration software/hardware package. There is also a pretty crappy one that comes with Windows but it might get you in the ballpark.

Monitors need to be recalibrated regularly. Here are two sites to help you check yours:

Calibration

Gray bar

If you're sure your monitor is dialed in and your prints come back yuck, it's the printer. Have the lab redo them and tell them not to adjust anything at all and that your files are how you want them printed.

Thank you for that info. I did know about calibration but have never done it and to be honest didn't know where to start. I shall give it a go - thanks :thumbsup: