Martingale's That Rust

juice

I have martingale's on my dogs with the little bit of chain on.

The current one on my dally is a gorgeous design from Regal hounds, but yesterday i noticed his neck looking stained, and the chain has rusted. :(

My lot go for a dip in the lake twice a day, then we carry on walking, the collars come off when we get home.

Should i be looking at a type of metal that doesn't rust, or will they all do that?

My BT needs a martingale, as she can back out of a flat collar.

Really dissapointed, as i love this collar and its now no good. :(

I was looking at the all metal 'Sprenger" ones, they looked great, but not sure if they will rust too.

Tips?

I have martingale's on my dogs with the little bit of chain on.

The current one on my dally is a gorgeous design from Regal hounds, but yesterday i noticed his neck looking stained, and the chain has rusted. :(

My lot go for a dip in the lake twice a day, then we carry on walking, the collars come off when we get home.

Should i be looking at a type of metal that doesn't rust, or will they all do that?

My BT needs a martingale, as she can back out of a flat collar.

Really dissapointed, as i love this collar and its now no good. :(

I was looking at the all metal 'Sprenger" ones, they looked great, but not sure if they will rust too.

Tips?

Black Dog Wear with the stainless steal option on the rings and clip.

Another vote for the Black Dog collars. I've never seen any of their stuff rust. I actually have one of their brace leads hanging off a gate out the back- it's been there for.. about three years, in all weather, and not a spot of rust to be seen on the hardware (and the lead fabric itself, although faded, is still solid).

To date, we've never had to throw out a Black Dog collar.

Hi juice,

Callicoma Kelpies have an option for stainless steel rings on the all nylon martingale. Pele wears one of the all nylon because of the chain bit rusting at the beach. I keep her Rogz collar for "Sunday Best" :laugh: I don't worry about paying the extra $7 for the stainless. Plain collars are $10 and I usually give her a new one every 6 months when it starts to fade a bit so not worth getting stainless IMO :)

The Combination chain / webbing martingale is only $11 so reckon they are cheap enough to replace regularly :)

Guest english.ivy

I have one from Callicoma and a few from black dog. They have all regularly got wet and been generally abused and have lasted 6yrs (with the exception of the one the puppy ate)

Another vote from Callicoma. Pretty patterns too.

Though I had to stop using the one I bought for Ivy, she grew too much fluff and it's hard to get off. I need to buy her the next size up .. oneday.

Her's has been the beach many times and still going strong. They are also quite cheap, from what I remember three years ago.

I have not looked on the Callicoma site for a long time, lots of new cheaper gear on there :). I use the Rogz martingales with no problems.