Found A Good Groomer But.....

Atanquin

Okay I have struggled as some of you may know to find a good groomer I have found one she did just what I asked and even commented that he was a well loved and Cared for boy all the girls came to say good bye but one thing I don't get is the bows?

dfa78eac.jpg

6cc8fe5b.jpg

hehehehehehe he looks very pleased with his bows :)

Personally I never put bows on a male dog unless the person knew I would or asked for them.

Oh well occassionally I did it as a joke with the odd person that would find it as amusing as I did......but anyway he is well groomed, and happy just take the bows off when you get to the car :)

I don't do bows on my clients, except for the very rare instance of a topknot on a drop coat like Maltese or ShihTzu. It does nothing to enhance a groom, sometimes the exact opposite! People have never started asking for them, so I save myself the time & expense. A lot of dogs try to or do get them out very quickly anyway.

Also there have been several cases where the bow has come out and the owner, or their children, have re attached the bow inappropriately and cut off circulation to a bit of the dog, resulting in permanent damage, veterinary treatment etc.... one case I know the bow from the head was put around the tail! well you can guess the long miserable outcome for the dog!

On a nicely groomed Cocker there is just no need for it IMHO anyway....

Guest lavendergirl

Very pretty boy :) Groomers always put either a bow or a bandanna on my boy - I like the bandanna look and the bow is OK too as long as it is blue :D

After my boys first grooming session which was an abomination and he looked so hideous for a long time and I cried when I picked him up because he just looked ridiculous and the bows just made him look even more silly. Since that day I have an aversion to bows on groomed dogs! In my mine now its like oh well maybe if we put a bow in thier fur they won't notice what a crap job we done with grooming him!!

Your boy does look very handsome, my first dog was a blue roan English Cocker and she was a darling and very similar to your boy.

Ps I groom all of mine myself, that way I can do it the way I want it to look and we haven't looked back.

I used to work in a grooming parlour with two other groomers. All the dogs got bows when they were finished so we could easily look around and see who was finished and who still needed more drying/grooming. With 15-20 dogs in each day it got very hectic and it was a simple way to keep some order.

I used to work in a grooming parlour with two other groomers. All the dogs got bows when they were finished so we could easily look around and see who was finished and who still needed more drying/grooming. With 15-20 dogs in each day it got very hectic and it was a simple way to keep some order.

That's a clever way of seeing where you are up to.

My dane goes to a groomer for a shampooch and set as I call it and they will put a bow on her collar at times, once they painted her nails but as they know me well I was quite happy with it all, they never do anything that upsets me or my girl, she loves all the pampering she gets.

Your boy looks lovely and very happy too.

With bobby, the groomer knew i was going through a very hard time having to shave him that she put a massive pink bow when i picked him up for a laugh. Some groomers just do it for a laugh as they found it hysterical lol :) I took it out as soon as we got to the car.

Edited by Bobby_The_Samoyed

Well I suppose it got him use to having somthing on his head I'm getting his zorro costume soon which will be cute (for fancy dress) I think a bandana would look super cute on him :)

So you decided to go with the Zorro theme?! Good choice. You can dress him up as Antonio Bandanas! :D

Edited to say your boy does look very handsome and rather chuffed with his bows! Such a happy boy! :love:

Edited by RiverStar-Aura

He looks very happy, gorgeous smile!!:thumbsup:

I do bows, the clients love them. I don't use tacky pre made though I make my own from gros grain ribbon. Some clients keep them and return them for next use :laugh: I often had clients popping in on the day of a special do at their house just to put bows on the dog!

Usually just swf's though, as Pav said the Cockers don't normally end up with anything there to attach. Some dogs get them on their collars instead though.

If the groomer had done a good job, there would have been no coat there for the bows to be put in, the head and neck would have been neatly stripped out.

But I didn't want that I like his long coat I just wanted under his ear his feet and around his boy area done which she did :) so happy about that yay

If the groomer had done a good job, there would have been no coat there for the bows to be put in, the head and neck would have been neatly stripped out.

I have to agree with this, but sometimes it's more about doing what the client requests. Is 'doing a good job' more about breed standard grooms, or happy good paying clients? In business, the latter is what I have to accept, although it pains me sometimes! ;)