Dry Food Produced By Aussie Guy - Can't Remember

booge

I'm racking my brain trying to think of this dry dog food. I saw it on one of the current affairs shows a few years back. It was made by an older man, I think he's a vet, and it's meant to be super healthy for dogs, and even fit for human consumption. I remember it actually made dog urine good for grass and plants. It's a long shot, but does anyone recall the name of the food???

Mmmmm, it's not a food as such, but could it be Vets All Natural?

No it was a dry food. I already use the All Natural stuff....i've got a boxer that's always got skin problems and trying dietary things now because I'm over having him on medication constantly.

Have you tried Black Hawk?

We use cold pressed coconut oil. 1tblsp daily for your dog would clear up skin irritations. We have a dog who had grass allergy and skin rashes, we've been using coconut oil for 12mths and have no dramas. Just put it straight on their food.

FYI our lil guys skin cleared up within 2wks of using it!

Edited by Monet n Diva's Mum

Does anyone have advice on the best dry food for Dalmatians? NOT Eukanuba!

I've just been reading about Flint River Ranch unfortunately its not available in Australia but it would be good to know of an alternative that is as good. Dalmatians cannot tolerate purine and it appears, anything that mentions "by product" means its high in the stuff.

Any feedback would be appreciated...cheers,

We use cold pressed coconut oil. 1tblsp daily for your dog would clear up skin irritations. We have a dog who had grass allergy and skin rashes, we've been using coconut oil for 12mths and have no dramas. Just put it straight on their food.

Hi MnD

I have been looking into using coconut oil on one of my lot. Can I ask was it an obvious grass allergy (as in figuring out what was causing the rashes etc) and did you start with a full tablespoon or build up a bit by bit and did you notice any other benefit from adding the oil, like improved coat condition etc. Thanks

And yes - I've also seen Yoghurt Plus in Coles - I only know of one person who tried it and their dog couldnt cope with it as it gave them the runs....

This is interesting. I have organic cold pressed Coconut oil here and I have a Cavalier who appears in the last 10 days to have developed an allergy to something unknown. He's scratching and never has before. Definitely no fleas and his skin on the abdomen looks more pink than usual.

This dog is 11kg and 1 Tblspn seems a lot for a little dog. How much do you think I should give him? I'll start him on a smaller amount with his breakfast tomorrow and await your advice before

increasing the amount of coconut oil.

Evening primrose oil is great for allergies was recommended by our derm, my 30kg boy takes 5 caps a day.

WOW. I will be adding this to my allergic dogs' diets and see if it helps them as well. Might as well since I take it daily. :)

I'm racking my brain trying to think of this dry dog food. I saw it on one of the current affairs shows a few years back. It was made by an older man, I think he's a vet, and it's meant to be super healthy for dogs, and even fit for human consumption. I remember it actually made dog urine good for grass and plants. It's a long shot, but does anyone recall the name of the food???

It's full of wheat and contains gluten.

Put a splash of ACV in all of the dogs water bowls and see how your lawn looks in a few weeks time.

Sorry thread hijack, would coconut oil help with skin irritations like hot spots? my GR gets them in the summer months and I want to try things other than the obvious brushing out excess hair and keeping him dry...

I don't mind the thread hijack, I'm always looking for something that will help my dogs itches. For him as soon as he's finished a course of antibiotics or cortizone he's straight back to itching. I don't like having him on medication all the time.

Sorry thread hijack, would coconut oil help with skin irritations like hot spots? my GR gets them in the summer months and I want to try things other than the obvious brushing out excess hair and keeping him dry...

I don't mind the thread hijack, I'm always looking for something that will help my dogs itches. For him as soon as he's finished a course of antibiotics or cortizone he's straight back to itching. I don't like having him on medication all the time.

Have you had allergy tests done? My lab was an itchy scratchy dog until I got him tested and onto desensitization injections, he is so much better now it's unbelievable. The beginning of the year he had some bad hotspots but nothing for 5 months which is a record for him

Mmmmm, it's not a food as such, but could it be Vets All Natural?

No it was a dry food. I already use the All Natural stuff....i've got a boxer that's always got skin problems and trying dietary things now because I'm over having him on medication constantly.

What foods have you tried

Edited by brighton

Have you had allergy tests done? My lab was an itchy scratchy dog until I got him tested and onto desensitization injections, he is so much better now it's unbelievable. The beginning of the year he had some bad hotspots but nothing for 5 months which is a record for him

I began the whole allergy test thing, after finding out I'd be up for at least $1300 initially, plus a couple of hundred bucks per year for regular injections I said thanks but no thanks. I honestly think it's a rip off. It may work, but it shouldn't cost THAT much.