Gone But Not Forgotten....

Little Gifts

Puppy_Sniffer, what a lovely idea this is and a fitting tribute to so many beautiful animals. It's been a sad year for so many of us......

Tango (15/9/2005 - 4/11/2011) ....to an aggressive brain tumour.

..but he's still with me every day on my desk, on the computer, the iPad, the iPhone, the shelf with the barometers, the car still smells like Tango (and I can't bring myself to change that)..he was my heart dog .....................:heart: :heart:

I know that feeling. Now that I'm getting out clothes that I haven't worn since last summer I find the occasional hair - that German Shepherd undercoat gets into everything. I still have nose prints on the glass door (too high for Kelpies) and I know I will have to clean them off soon, but just not yet.

There have been so many sad losses this year. :grouphug:

We lost two dogs this year... :(

Mushti came to us as a boarder in March this year when her elderly owner was taken into full time care and could no longer keep her... it quickly became apparent that there were no other options for this grand old Akita lady and so we brought her into the house where she spent the last four months of her life being a very much loved part of our family - we all adored her, humans & dogs alike, and it broke our hearts to give her her wings when her body finally failed her :cry:

Rest well our gorgeous Mushi girl - we love you..

post-14394-0-25736400-1324341587_thumb.jpg

Moose - my big gentle giant. Far too young to go, we lost our big boy to GI Lymphoma at 5 years old. He was the most noble & gentle of dogs, always so tolerant (especially when that evil Frenchie would hang off his jowls like a black & white tick) and a true gentleman. He was mine from the day he was born, and he has left a huge hole in my heart. He is missed every day by all of us, but especially by Chevy, our other Dogue :(

I hope you & Kapper are having fun at the Bridge - both my boys back on Magpie Patrol again. How I miss you my big boy - loved always :heart:

post-14394-0-49954800-1324342229_thumb.jpg

Hugs to all who have lost a friend this year :grouphug:

1324083218[/url]' post='5635884']

I don't know your dogs. I don't even know you guys really. But every time I read the rainbow thread I even this one my heart bleeds for each and every one of you. I cry even though I don't know you all personally, and I wanted to let you know that the stories you share affect others too.

I want to let you all know you are in my thoughts, as are your Beloveds as Christmas comes around. They are gone but we never forget them, and the pain never goes away nor should it for through the pain of their loss we come to l ow just how fiercely we loved each of them.

Love and cuddles to you all. Xoxo

This... I cannot manage many words right now. Heart, thoughts and paws with you guys.:hug:

I lost my beautiful old boy Kaspa in January :cry:

He was a Curly Coated Retriever x Border Collie & my most special dog. I couldn't have asked for a more loyal & better friend. I too didn't post his passing on here but most knew.

I knew the time would come when I would have to make the decision for him after he had a 'funny turn' 6mths before he passed. It was the worst day of my life but his passing was quick & peaceful. My world will never be the same. No one to share my morning toast with. I will miss your soft woolly coat to snuggle into, & your comfort you gave in sad times or your 'roo roooing' - your morning greeting. You were my protector & took a piece of my heart with you my nooni boy, love you & miss you forever :(:cry::heart:

June 7th 1998 - January 10 2011

post-32347-0-51449500-1324473189_thumb.jpg

post-32347-0-87867000-1324473200_thumb.jpg

post-32347-0-87930700-1324473228_thumb.jpg

post-32347-0-12667000-1324473240_thumb.jpg

post-32347-0-89847700-1324473307_thumb.jpg

post-32347-0-28953400-1324473322_thumb.jpg

I also have had a terrible year with the loss of my beloved Sam just before Christmas 12 months ago

I didnt really have a chance to greive for you as mum had cancer and then not long after dad passed away and then two dear friends passed away along with a auntie only this week

it has been a longggg hard year and I have been greiveing you so much the last few months

this time of year is hard as your first christmas 14 years ago , after we got you as a pup you climbed up under the christmas tree and laid there

you always checked out your christmas stocking without touching it until christmas morning

it is a memory I hold dearly every christmas as you were our christmas present to my OH and I

your stocking will always be placed under the tree along side of Tara's who sadly is also getting old and may not be here next christms with us , for awhile this year I didnt think she would make it to christmas as she fretted for you so much

you were so gentle and such a comfort to me over the years

forever in our hearts

not a day goes by i dont see your favourite spots and remember those wonderfull years we had together and will always be cherished

Hugs to everyone who has lost their beloved pets this year

Thank you for the thread

I have another picture of Dad and Sam but too big to upload :( it was the last photo taken of them together

post-11463-0-20465700-1324654106_thumb.jpg

post-11463-0-88785600-1324654130_thumb.jpg

post-11463-0-20406500-1324654390_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tara and Sam

What a good thread this is. So many people have lost loved pets this year.

In June I lost my 15 yo torti cat to cancer.Little did I know that my dear Sophie was not well also and had 3 weeks to live.

Dear Sophie, You nearly made 14yo old girl. I remember the day I picked you in Goulburn, all legs and ears.

You clearly had suffered from being dumped in a box with your siblings at the age of 8 weeks.You didnt want to eat anything I gave you. You didnt play like a normal puppy and do all the naughty puppy things.

post-24884-0-76369400-1324688951_thumb.jpg

You eventually filled out into a big girl who was rather bossy to your little sister.We saved you when you had Hemangiosarcoma of the Spleen at 8 year of age.Unlike many you lived for 6 more years.

In the last year of your life you decided to play like a pup,it was so funny to watch you jumping around at night with those gangly legs. Six months have passed and we so miss you. Your spot in the bedroom is still there. Merry Christmas Sophie. Sweet Dreams.

post-24884-0-92460100-1324689388_thumb.jpg

Sweet Tobias, just before Christmas last year.........We did not have this gentle soul for very long, but he broke our hearts when we had to PTS him.

How anyone could have dumped him at the age of nine is just unbelievable :(:mad . Such a sweet giving dog

RIP Tobias, we still miss you :cry::cry::cry: I am sure all my other Rainbow Angels will have found him and they are all together

2481160170048736690S600x600Q85.jpg

Edited by newfsie