I Know He Was A Cat But.......

LizT

Last night we said goodbye to our beautiful Beau Jen Snow Tiger. A lilac Burmese who came to live with me at age 2 because when I went to his breeder to buy a kitten for my Sister in Law he jumped into my arms and draped himself around my shoulders and I said "You're lovely, I could just take you home with me!", as you do! :laugh:

"Well, actually, said the owner, he has a retained testicle and needs to be desexed" so you can have him if you buy a kitten".

He had developed a cancer that had begun to grow into his jaw and was starting to push his jaw off to one side, making him look like he'd had a stroke and was starting to drool. There was nothing that could be done for him. He would have been 16 in February.

I'm going to miss the little guy. :rainbowbridge:

Edited by LizT

LizT

so sad when you lose a little buddy.

I've grieved and grieved when my beloved puss-cats died.

I still miss them, even 6 years down the track.

Just as there's no such thing as "just a dog", there is absolutely no such thing as "just a cat". You loved Beau. You miss him.

Hope you will be okay?

LizT

so sad when you lose a little buddy.

I've grieved and grieved when my beloved puss-cats died.

I still miss them, even 6 years down the track.

Just as there's no such thing as "just a dog", there is absolutely no such thing as "just a cat". You loved Beau. You miss him.

Hope you will be okay?

No, he wasn't just a cat. I said he was a cat (no just used) implying that I realise that this is a dog forum, but hey, the dogs loved him too. :)

Edited by LizT

Lots of us have cats as well as dogs here so certainly OK to say goodbye to a much loved furry feline companion. Sorry to hear your boy has passed, it is never easy even if they have spent a long healthy life with you.

Hope your other furries are doing OK with him gone - we lost a much loved oldie recently (our beautiful Quoi a seal point raggie) and the other furries (dogs and cats) are still missing their aunty Quoi.

He used to love to come up the hill with me to feed the horses in the evenings, chattering incentantly as we walked up the hill (very vocal fellow, always talk, talk, talk :laugh: ) and I used to get really peeved with him on the way back down because he would lay down on the ground just in front of me as I walked back down the hill and I'd nearly go A over T! I would just managed to avoid him as he did it so suddenly, out of the blue and even though it has been a few months since he joined me in our evening walks I wish we could do it again, just one more time.

• 2 weeks later...