Yorkshire Terriers, Two Girls, Ftgh?

If you do take them as 'adopted' try to get something in writing so that you can prove they were handed over to you.. Even vet details etc.. the more paperwork you have the less chance she can claim they were stolen.

If she asks why just tell here you need to get microchipped for council registration and they need confirmation that the animal is yours.. OR take a chip form for transfer with you and have it signed by old owner..

Tread carefully as once you take them, desex and rehome them they may come back to bite you if you dont cover your ass..

Good Luck..

So I'm a vet nurse and today at work I mentioned to my boss (the head vet) that I was going to try and get two Yorkies this weekend and he told me that the other nurses have complained to him about the amount of rescue work we are doing - apparently it's 'stressful' for them. I'm pretty upset, my passion for rescue and animal welfare is the REASON I became a nurse and I'm not stopping rescuing. But, I think I shouldnt take in any more fosters for a few weeks. Today I adopted out the last of the chihuahuas we rescued from the pound via Varicool a few weeks ago so we don't even have any dogs for adoption at the moment so it's frustrating but I'm worried if the other nurses get in my bosses ear too much then he'll completely stop doing the massive discounts for rescue that he currently allows our clinic to do.

As I says to Varicool today, if the Yorkies situation becomes urgent and there is no other options for then, then I'll take them and tell the other nurses to lighten up, but I think for the sake of all the other rescue groups our clinic supports and the adoption program we currently run, I should lie low for a few weeks. Sorry guys.

Edited by carrie

Yes, that would be good, I don't know who to contact here in the Brisbane area (though I have emailed Ams as she may know of someone who can help)

Someone in this area must be in rescue that could 'hold' these girls until they go to a legitimate rescue/foster carer.

If you do take them as 'adopted' try to get something in writing so that you can prove they were handed over to you.. Even vet details etc.. the more paperwork you have the less chance she can claim they were stolen.

If she asks why just tell here you need to get microchipped for council registration and they need confirmation that the animal is yours.. OR take a chip form for transfer with you and have it signed by old owner..

Tread carefully as once you take them, desex and rehome them they may come back to bite you if you dont cover your ass..

Good Luck..

Excellent point!

All under control Boronia, I'm not holding my breath but with 2 dogs going in for major surgery soon I won't be taking anyone direct from the pound (to be on the safe side) - so there's still a spot for them if needed. :) Ams will follow up.

:thanks:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am new to this forum. However involved in Yorkie/ Silkie Rescue in Victoria. I have tracked down these 2 girls and they person they are with is a very reputable person in Queensland. It may be that wires got crossed somewhere along the line. But the most important thing is that the 2 girls are safe and sound. The lady who has them is making sure that they are going to the right sort of homes. Thankyou for your concern about these dogs but all good now.

Hi, I am new to this forum. However involved in Yorkie/ Silkie Rescue in Victoria. I have tracked down these 2 girls and they person they are with is a very reputable person in Queensland. It may be that wires got crossed somewhere along the line. But the most important thing is that the 2 girls are safe and sound. The lady who has them is making sure that they are going to the right sort of homes. Thankyou for your concern about these dogs but all good now.

Welcome Treacy, :wave:

yes we came to the conclusion that their rescuer was 100% serious about finding the girls a good home close to where they are already located. My only concern when all is said and done is desex status. Do you know if she will organise that too as a condition of rehoming?

xxanna

Yes, the desexing was/is my main concern...if there is a loving home available the new owners would most likely desex, so it would be logical to desex first and add the desexing fee on top of the rescue fee (if there is one).

Welcome Treacy, :wave:

yes we came to the conclusion that their rescuer was 100% serious about finding the girls a good home close to where they are already located. My only concern when all is said and done is desex status. Do you know if she will organise that too as a condition of rehoming?

xxanna

Not 100% sure. I did not ask. I was more concerned that the dogs were okay and if any rescue was still needed. Once I realised that it was her who had them did not see any need to go any further. She is currently checking out suitable re-homing options for them.