Yorkshire Terriers, Two Girls, Ftgh?

There is an ad, written with pencil on a scrap of paper, on the jetty notice board this morning:

Good Homes wanted for 3 female Yorkshire terriers ph......

I have phoned, and it appears that this woman, who says she is a breeder of Yorkies for 35 years has obtained them from an elderly woman who has gone into a old peoples home, she said that she is the Rescue for Yorkies in this area.

there are 2 females...seem to be FTGH, mother & daughter...6 & 3 years old, not desexed, have papers, but they can't find them.

they have been clipped right back she said.

If this breeder is Yorkie Rescue in Qld? I would have thought that the dogs would have been desexed before going to homes, then sold for $200, but what do I know.

I did a quick check of the Qld breeders and she is on the breed pages.

Perhaps someone out there who will get these girls to a good home?

If you want to PM me I can give you the mobile number

Edited by Boronia

Hi Dogmad, I have phoned her, she gave me her first name and said she had been breeding Yorkies for 35 years, I checked the Yorkie breeders pages for Qld and a woman with the same first name has bred some pretty good Yorkies.

I think she is genuine, but to put a notice on a scrap of paper on the noticeboard seems an odd way to re-home them.

Edited by Boronia

Well an ad at the jetty here is probably not going to get them a good home....this is BYB city here.

does anyone know of a person who wants to give a couple of Yorkies a home? (and that they will desex)

I’m horrified that a breeder would simply give away two un-desexed pedigree dogs, that had belonged to someone else

Edited by Boronia

Hi unfortunately I don't have any carers on board yet, bad time of the year, would the person rehoming them be willing to hand them to rescue? I am sure I can find another reputable rescuer up here that can take them.

Hi unfortunately I don't have any carers on board yet, bad time of the year, would the person rehoming them be willing to hand them to rescue? I am sure I can find another reputable rescuer up here that can take them.

She said she is Qld Yorkie Rescue!

Varicool - Whiskey is being picked up by Dogtainers tomorrow to fly to his new home on a farm in Victoria, Hosaes been adopted by the sister of one of our vets, Jacks gone to a wonderful older man who just lost his 18 year old chihuahua and Pedros in foster care so I'll have room to take the Yorkies if the lady will hand them over to another rescue group. We WILL desex, vaccinate and do any vet work before adoption... I'd never adopt out an entire dog!

Varicool - Whiskey is being picked up by Dogtainers tomorrow to fly to his new home on a farm in Victoria, Hosaes been adopted by the sister of one of our vets, Jacks gone to a wonderful older man who just lost his 18 year old chihuahua and Pedros in foster care so I'll have room to take the Yorkies if the lady will hand them over to another rescue group. We WILL desex, vaccinate and do any vet work before adoption... I'd never adopt out an entire dog!

Carrie, why don't you just contact her and tell her you want to adopt the dogs.. she obviously doesn't care too much what happens to them.

Carrie, why don't you just contact her and tell her you want to adopt the dogs.. she obviously doesn't care too much what happens to them.

I am thinking I agree with you here Michelleva, I have PM'd Carrie with the woman's phone number and offered to pick up the girls' and take them to the mainland, (or pick up Carrie at the jetty and take her to this person's place)...the problem is that I don't much like people like this woman and may open my big mouth and say something rude.

Edited by Boronia