Taste Of The Wild

Boxer05

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

may give this product a go in the future for my Rotty, where to get this product or sample?

You could try the natural pet food store online, as above. I haven't seen it in store.

Edited by Diva

We have swapped some dogs to Earthborn Coastal catch & it has worked wonders .

We didn't have issues as such but we prefer feeding a fish based food & after others brands keep changing there make up we swapped to this & its great & the dogs love it

"A natural food by-product that is obtained from the body fat of the Emu. Emu Oil has natural anti-inflammatory and healing properties and offers a complete source of essential fatty acids such as omega 3, 6 & 9, which makes Emu Oil a powerful skin moisturizer as well as a strong anti-inflammatory and anti-aging agent. This oil has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties that support the natural healing process. It is non-comedogenic so it will not clog your skin pores and it is hypoallergenic..." quote from there site

Thanks. That sounds like the value for external use, rather than ingested. I have only really heard of it for external application, I think I find its presence in food a bit concerning. But I guess they know what they are doing.

I am thinking of trying my 10 year old Golden Retriever on this food...currently he is on Hollistic Select.

But when I read the reviews online ToTW seems to be the top of the top in dog food worldwide.

Although the bison and the other meat one do better in reviews than salmon, im thinking because of the protein level salmon would be the way to go for his age...should I order it online? Can anyone here post links where they order theirs from?

If you're into Bison meat, try this grain free range. Mostly top review.

http://www.robbospetbarn.com.au/products/p-4938/GRAIN-FREE/CANIDAE-GRAIN-FREE-PURE-LAND-ALL-NATURAL-DOG-FOOD-13.6KG.aspx

Delivery is free Mel wide.

Edited by Jess 123

I saw that TOTW is for all life stages. Does that mean I could feed it to my 7 month old puppy? I always wonder if there's a vast difference between adult and puppy formula. I sure can't tell just from looking at the ingredients.

I keep a bag of kibble as a precaution, and he doesn't like it too much (Wellness Puppy). Healthy doesn't always mean tasty, apparently :o

I keep a bag of kibble as a precaution, and he doesn't like it too much (Wellness Puppy). Healthy doesn't always mean tasty, apparently :o

I tried Wellness for my guys a while back. They didn't really like it and they didn't do well on it at all.

I tried Wellness for my guys a while back. They didn't really like it and they didn't do well on it at all.

I chose Wellness after much research and the one thing I forgot to find out was if dogs like it :laugh:

Same here. Tried Welness Supermix Senior and also the Large Breed one. Both caused waaaay too much diarrhoea to my dog. And also caused very poor coat. After 3-4 weeks of this issue, I had to put it back to Canidae and then she is now back to normal.

I saw that TOTW is for all life stages. Does that mean I could feed it to my 7 month old puppy? I always wonder if there's a vast difference between adult and puppy formula. I sure can't tell just from looking at the ingredients.

All life stages would really mean any level. I feed my 10 yold labrador with it. Also in the packing it suits puppy. And they list the cup sizes for puppy, adult, overweight, senior, etc. Well, I'm speaking for Canidae All Life Stages anyway. I'm sure it's the same for TOTW.

his loving the high prairie, seems the smell is alot stronger than the black hawk. going to try n get him to get on TOTW for couple of months and see how it goes, so far so good.

All life stages would really mean any level. I feed my 10 yold labrador with it. Also in the packing it suits puppy. And they list the cup sizes for puppy, adult, overweight, senior, etc. Well, I'm speaking for Canidae All Life Stages anyway. I'm sure it's the same for TOTW.

Oh thanks! That certainly opens up possibilities of brands I could get for my dog. I'll give TOTW a try :)

I'm thinking of switching to this dog food seeing so much positive reviews on this forum. Does anyone know where I can pick up a sample in Sydney? I'm currently feeding black hawk lamb and hoping to switch. One of my dogs have allergies so want to make sure he is okay with the food before buying a large pack.

I'm thinking of switching to this dog food seeing so much positive reviews on this forum. Does anyone know where I can pick up a sample in Sydney? I'm currently feeding black hawk lamb and hoping to switch. One of my dogs have allergies so want to make sure he is okay with the food before buying a large pack.

Seems to be only 1 place. http://www.naturalpetstore.com.au

Have you tried the Canidae Free Grain range? Seems to have good reviews too. There are more retailers doing this and hence you should get a waaaaay more competitive price than TOTW.

Have you tried the Canidae Free Grain range? Seems to have good reviews too. There are more retailers doing this and hence you should get a waaaaay more competitive price than TOTW.

These guys are sellers, they don't send out samples do they?

I was considering Canidae a while back and at that time read pretty bad reviews with the dogs. Formula may have changed now so will review again.

These guys are sellers, they don't send out samples do they?

I was considering Canidae a while back and at that time read pretty bad reviews with the dogs. Formula may have changed now so will review again.

I think the change affect a lot of people who didn't transition the old to new formula properly or there was an out break (recall that happened in selected parts of America but not Aust) or something. Anyway, that's all mostly with the Canidae All Life Stages (some grains) product and not the grain free range. Pretty much top reviews for the latter. Check the http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/