Query At About An Entry

Huntia

Hi all :D

Yesterday I attended a show , and one of my dogs appeared in the catalogue as being still owned by te breeder rather than myself. I did the entry for the show through oz entries. The puppy was shown twice by the breeder in the breeders name, but this wouldv'e been the second show with her being in my name.

Apparently the breeder had entered her using ozentries the 2 times previously she was shown.

Do I need to contact anyone about this? or not worry and see what happens next show?

Thank you :D

You need to highlight on your entry form the change of ownership!(paper entries)

The catalogue producers need to change their data base - and until it is changed, the dog will continue to appear as owned by the breeder.

Re contacting Ozentries - I don't know how you would do it - but that is what you will have to do...and they will have to change their database.

Hi all :D

Yesterday I attended a show , and one of my dogs appeared in the catalogue as being still owned by te breeder rather than myself. I did the entry for the show through oz entries. The puppy was shown twice by the breeder in the breeders name, but this wouldv'e been the second show with her being in my name.

Apparently the breeder had entered her using ozentries the 2 times previously she was shown.

Do I need to contact anyone about this? or not worry and see what happens next show?

Thank you :D

Hmm interesting will have to pay attention next time i enter via ozentries maybe once a year in our state lol but my breeder would of entered both dogs in when at hers.

I have a dog that's name at one show is always wrong by one letter they put a C instead of an O big mistake lol figure its only important if we get points lol

The mistake is probably on the cataloguers database rather than oz entries. I do catalogues for performsnce trials for several clubs an use an access database. Online entries have to be entered onto the database and mistakes can happen if I don't see an update on an entry form. As suggested highlight any changes.

Maybe it is time for controlling bodies to receive the show entries and payments on behalf of the affiliates, in this way it can be assured that the entries match the database, entries are received by financial members. Afterall in this day of computer technology the ability to have a program that can do all this and seperate the entries into breeds, sexes and classes is possible along with the allocation of exhibit numbers, thus saving a lot of time and frustration for show secretaries. The role of the Show Secretary will change!

I double checked my oz entry entry, and I had entered the puppy under my name as the new owner.

I have also submitted an enquiry to oz entries about it, and for any paper entries I will highlight that I am a new owner of said puppy :D

For now I guess I just have to wait and see whats in the next catalogue :)

The mistake is probably on the cataloguers database rather than oz entries. I do catalogues for performsnce trials for several clubs an use an access database. Online entries have to be entered onto the database and mistakes can happen if I don't see an update on an entry form. As suggested highlight any changes.

I will high light an paper entries I do, but is it possible to highlight this when using ozentries, or should I go the paper route for a while??

I maybe worrying unnecessarily as it as only happend the once. :)

Maybe it is time for controlling bodies to receive the show entries and payments on behalf of the affiliates, in this way it can be assured that the entries match the database, entries are received by financial members. Afterall in this day of computer technology the ability to have a program that can do all this and seperate the entries into breeds, sexes and classes is possible along with the allocation of exhibit numbers, thus saving a lot of time and frustration for show secretaries. The role of the Show Secretary will change!

Most have good databases.

I now people who have tried all sorts of methods but it isn't that easy ,many will calculate from birth dates but with the option of classes it still requires manual work .

Here the catalogue people also do the ring sheets from the database but some things just aren't that easy

From being a past treasurer one of the biggest issues is how people right entries,many truly are impossible to read .

But issues with catalogues you need to bug the people if there the ones that do it all the time after doing the obvious highlight

At the end of the day the information contained on the entry forms is what should be entered. If the operator takes a shortcut and does not check their work against what has been submitted, errors will occur.

Many databases use a basic format by typing in the dogs registration number, if no data exists then they type in the data as submitted from the entry form.

Databases are only as good as the information that they contain.

We have an ANKC Database with all the latest and correct information that is currently held for each dog registered in Australia, maybe it is time that it is used to its full potential.

In the old days prior to computers entry forms were in most cases handwritten, with five dogs being able to be filled in on one form. These days I see the ability to produce more accurate entries/catalogues has been improved by technological changes and these can only be further improved as technology becomes more advanced, but at the end of the day whilst manual recordings are being undertaken and checked off there will always be the possibility of errors, the best you can do is highlight what needs to be corrected.

Wow, Wayrod, you're going back to the dark ages lol. I started secretarying about 40 years ago and don't remember receiving those '5 dog forms' but vaguely remember before that, that they were in the Gazette, think I remember using them for Melb Royal once or twice.