Dog Car Restraints

Pretty Miss Emma

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone is looking for a harness for the car - Clean Run has a couple on their free shipping page. They look a bit different to some of the things here, possibly a bit more comfy for the pups!

Thanks! I had them on my list at Xmas time but took them off. Have been regretting it!

I look at some of those harnesses and I hope to doG that no one has a serious accident. Sure, it's better than having a dog hit you in the back of the head and breaking your neck but seriously, a daschunds' back is going to be broken even in a harness. One hard braking, a violet flip and it's over Rover. (Just look at the picture in the LINK "Pretty Miss Emma" posted. They really are not a "one size fits all" solution are they? Unlike a child restraint, that is designed around the one model.

And whilst the point of the harness is to try and protect our beloved pet from injury and from causing injury to others, have you seen what crap some people have floating around in their car??? :eek:

Really, in a serious car accident, depending on where you get hit, the severity and where your passengers are located will determine the outcome.

Still we must do what we can and endeavour to keep driving safely.

The RSPCA can choose to fine you if your dog is injured in an accident and was unrestrained, but the only actual law that exists for car restraints is in the back of utes (NSW, anyway). I understand why people spread the word that it's against the law, but it's still annoying when people misquote things constantly.