The Price Of Frontline

How much do you pay for your Frontline for your dog? It varies depending on the size you need to buy. I buy the Large one for dogs 20-40kg, and at my local pet shop it costs $41.25, whereas at the PP store at Knox it costs $59.95. WHAT A RIP OFF!! Nearly $20 dearer! You want to make sure you check out your prices and shop around to make sure you are getting a good deal! Has anyone else noticed these ridiculous variations in prices?

Yup...scary isn't it at times? I found one place online (can't think of the name at the moment :rainbowbridge: ) that is terrific...but they also note the normal price from vets and from petshops...and i've checked and they are generally correct...HUGE markups...:rainbowbridge:

I've learned my lesson as well , left it too late to order Heartguard Plus online and cat's worming tablets and went to the vet this morning , not much change out $58 , whereas online I could have got the lot for at least $20 less.

Not forgetting it would have cost nearly $8 in fuel as well , and then I stopped at Coles and bought more groceries.........

That'll teach me :rainbowbridge:

yep Priceless pets is the one , and they will let you deposit the $ direct in their account via Internet Banking , if your not keen on using Credit cards online :rainbowbridge:

Edited by Christina77

I buy mine at Vetproductsdirect.com.au and there is another someone here has posted before Pet something, I believe they are cheaper. Having quite a few large breed dogs, on the recommendation from my own vet, I buy the Extra Large and split the dose, the boy gets a full one thou as he is 40kg+ depending on what treats the kids have fed him :rainbowbridge:

Splitting the pack, using a syringe is safe adn saves a ton of money, I buy 6month packs.

I know KitKat - it is one of those things that wakes you at 2:00am screaming PRICELESSPETS!!!!!!!

I just read this and got an odd look from my boss...for laughing out loud :rainbowbridge: and yes...but for me it would likely have been on the train on the way home from work...could you imagine all the weird looks i would have gotten for calling that out all of a sudden? :(

Holly - I do price checks every so often, Excel is so handy..lol, and depending on what you get vetproductsdirect is only like $0.50 shy, but at the moment i am trying sentinal spectrum for my pair and pricelesspets has it the cheapest. I more or less started out on all the adult stuff as my pup was on the 25kg or over amounts before i knew it :rainbowbridge::eek: It did make it handy in that i could share Harm's stuff instead of having to buy for different sizes etc for a short time...but it was a bit of a surprise.

Edited by KitKat

I saw a HUGE price difference - even between ANVET online and vet. If I go into the vet for Advocate >25kg 6 pack I pay $114. If I get it online I pay $86. SAME COMPANY!!!!!

I found priceless pets was even less... and they were happy for me to go pick up the Sentinel from their vet clinic at Wooloowin in Brisbane for the same price (cause I don't have a credit card). I LOVE PRICELESS PETS :o

Holly - I do price checks every so often, Excel is so handy..lol, and depending on what you get vetproductsdirect is only like $0.50 shy,

thanks KitKat, it would work out better now with V.P.D as they also have a rewards system, various products bought gives you $ credit, it saved me $7 on my last purchase.

My old boss jusitfied the dearer price at the clinic, as his time is worth around $70 per hour and his vet nurse around $25 per, to have one of this trained persons giving advise on a product instead of doing what they are there for, they put their professional fee on top.

It does make sense, considering, they give accurate advise, whereas our local produce store told one client, that "yes you can bath your dog and put Frontline on straight away" which is not correct. The produce store was $5 cheaper and using the Frontline like they instructed, you may as well have put it down the loo, as you need to wait at least 24, but preferrably 48 hours before or after applying, to allow your dog to have a bath, Advantage you can wash your dog an hour before applying, but the store doesn't supply Advantage.

Edited by holly