Dog Bites On Tv

oakway

I can't understand why so many people are calling her stupid. Intelligence isn't measured by how much someone knows about dog behaviour.

The responsibility is with the dog owner. He shouldn't have allowed it - he is the one who is meant to make sure he understands his dog and protects people from his dog, and his dog from people.

Plenty of dogs have no issue with people doing those sorts of things. My Dane would queue to have a stranger give her that sort of attention.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe everyone involved is at fault - the breeder, owner, anchor-woman, producers etc. Heck, even the dog dare I say that, but only in a superficial way because it did the deed!

The dog is actually the innocent party, subject to human infatuations with being broadcast on television live. I reckon they (the humans) would have acted differently if they weren't in front of the cameras...

Good to here the dog will be released back to its owner.

Video interview with the woman who was bitten:

Interview

What a lovely woman. I hope she heals well.

Well that was unexpected... Good on her :)

Thanks for posting that Melzawelza.

Why unexpected? Although she misread the dog, her actions were those of someone who feels affection for animals.

It would be good if she gets as many apologies from judgmental dog-experts as she got condemnations for being 'stupid'. . . . but I doubt that will happen.

Video interview with the woman who was bitten:

Interview

What a lovely woman. I hope she heals well.

Well that was unexpected... Good on her :)

Thanks for posting that Melzawelza.

Why unexpected? Although she misread the dog, her actions were those of someone who feels affection for animals.

It would be good if she gets as many apologies from judgmental dog-experts as she got condemnations for being 'stupid'. . . . but I doubt that will happen.

Unexpected that she would choose to look at the event in that positive light as a learning experience.... most public figures/entities the public would expect to act the total opposite..

I was not expecting her to come out and give that type of an interview it was refreshing.