Dog Bites On Tv

oakway

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of idiot tries to kiss a strange dog!!! I mean seriously, who in their right mind does that?

A vet I tried not so long ago!!!!!

Seriously... He was recommended to me by a friend (I should have known better, she doesn't have much dog knowledge).

I took my boy there for his vacc. as I thought I'd give the guy a try..

Took my SBT into the surgery and the guy proceeded to grab Alf either side of his head and started rubbing his face around the dogs face - I was like 'woah bud what are you doing????'. He was saying oh he's so lovely, my reply was - you don't even KNOW the dog and you're doing that to him????

Needless to say I stopped the appointment there and then and went back to my normal vet.

This is a supposedly qualified, 'sensible' person???? sheesh

I don't know why we're blaming the anchor, it's the owners job to know the dog and look after it. The anchor is just a normal person who doesn't know much about dogs.

I always assumed most people, even non "doggy" people, would know not to stick their face that close to an unknown dog......now I'm not so sure, it's becoming increasingly clear that the majority of people have no idea how to behave around dogs.

When I used to work with dogs I saw an inexperienced worker do eaxactly this and almost get their face bitten off :eek:

Fingers crossed they put the owner to sleep and not the poor dog :(

Edited by Aussie3

I don't think she could have gotten anymore in that poor dogs face if she tried. Her hands were all over the dog's face - stoopid woman. I'd bite her too if she got that close to me and stuck her dirty hands all over my mouth.

Was she going in for a kiss?

I thought she was going to kiss him - only he reacted first.

I'm pretty sure that was not the owner restraining the dog in the video.

ETA: Never mind, looks like it was the owner. Another story I read earlier had conflicting info.

Edited by Miss B

I don't even think I'd do that to my own dog in case she gave me a doggy headbutt (she'd also hate having someone in her face like that and there's not an aggressive bone in her body).

It's a shame that the owner wasn't more proactive in telling the reporter her to back off - his politeness may have cost his dogs life. So much aggressive behaviour seems to be more a case of bad circumstances, careless owners and someone clueless unwittingly provoking the dog.

an this

"As the interview ended Dyer leaned in towards Max in a show of affection but the dog bared its teeth and snapped at the news anchor before owner Michael Robinson was able to restrain it."

a show of affection to humans maybe. another example of acting like animals should go by human rules.

I don't know why we're blaming the anchor, it's the owners job to know the dog and look after it. The anchor is just a normal person who doesn't know much about dogs.

Aidan surely you are just saying this to get a bite....pardon the pun.As others have said I thought from the start she was way too close to the dogs face and then when she went in for the kiss she got one alright of the liverpool variety.Stupid woman.

I agree with Aidan. The woman didn't know how to behave around the dog, it was up to the owner to tell her or remove the dog. The way he gripped the collar was well-meaning but only reduced the dog's options and increased it's stress.

A TV studio is a strange environment for a dog. Over the years I have had dogs do TV, newspaper ads and a cameo in a movie. The people doing that work didn't know dogs, they just knew what shots they wanted. It was up to me to protect the dogs' well-being, not assume they would even understand how to. I don't think that dog looked like it had the temperament or training to even be there, and that judgement was for the owner to make.

Aidan surely you are just saying this to get a bite....pardon the pun.

Nope. Your dog, your responsibility. Assume everyone else in the world knows less about your dog than you do, unless you have a very good reason to trust them. To do anything else is naive, and could cost your dog's life. Obviously people can still do things that are beyond your control or responsibility, but this is not the case here.

I don't know the full circumstances but there are a number of questions raised when a dog has been chasing wildlife, without mandatory vaccinations, then gets paraded around the media in a studio filled with bright lights and pointed cameras, while a complete stranger is allowed to molest the dog, the whole time the owner has a nervous death-grip on the leash...

I would say that allowing a large powerful dog, not properly vaccinated for rabies (which is not unknown in Colorado), to run wildlife on public land was pretty stupid too. The dog was only on the show cause some fire crew succeeded in pulling it out . .. .presumably the dog fell through the ice, which in most cases would have been fatal. Idiot owner for exposing his dog to that sort of risk, say nothing of putting it on TV.

I'm guessing that the event took place just outside Denver. The Dogo is banned in Aurora, which is con-urbated with Denver. So there was extra reason for caution.

Edited by sandgrubber

Aidan surely you are just saying this to get a bite....pardon the pun.

Nope. Your dog, your responsibility. Assume everyone else in the world knows less about your dog than you do, unless you have a very good reason to trust them. To do anything else is naive, and could cost your dog's life. Obviously people can still do things that are beyond your control or responsibility, but this is not the case here.

I don't know the full circumstances but there are a number of questions raised when a dog has been chasing wildlife, without mandatory vaccinations, then gets paraded around the media in a studio filled with bright lights and pointed cameras, while a complete stranger is allowed to molest the dog, the whole time the owner has a nervous death-grip on the leash...

I agree, I think the whole thing was an accident waiting to happen.