Has Anyone Seen These Babies. Now 4 Months Old

asal

Sorry to say it was my first thought too, why pups so little were outside alone, and secondly you say you left really early in the morning and didn't check them when you got back either? :(

Anything could have happened to them outside in that time, and surley pups that young need feeding aswell?

4 months old is hardly a vulnerable age. Goodness, i must be truly awful - my border collie babies were outside all day while I was at work from about 4 or 5 weeks of age.

By 4 months it is quite possible to have pups on 2 meals a day. I really can't see how the fact they were outside aline is an issue at all.

Asal - whatever has happened I do hope the pups are found safe. Do you not have any more recent photos to help?

I do but cant find where I put them.

Whats even more frustrating and upsetting is I have video cameras covering all around the house and sheds that we installed after the two cavi's were stolen.

Word of warning to those with survalence cameras,,,check them often for unexpected additions to the lens.

the camera that would tell me what did happen where she and the pups were, we discovered has a spiderweb and its home leaf (leaf curling spider) completly obscuring the lens :(

hadnt checked it for over a week with all this darned rain who would have thought they would be anything other than squeaky clean. :mad

Have to admit one of the reasons aside from never cry wolf if you are not sure of something that I really didnt want to post was the knowledge that to admit they are missing it would become with a percentage a blame game. This place is well known for it although is a fact of life with most forums. remember spotting someone on on another forum offering a newbie a cement shake and flame suit to cope with the abuse sustained.

was assumed we left very early..

at no time did I give the time I left. what I did say was I knew we would be late home so left extra food to make sure no one would go hungry.

the police asked him why they had taken the dogs instead of the usual targets, tv's and such, told them..."they were so friendly and kept jumping up to be picked up when I went in to do the house."

Sorry, had to smile at this.

That's a bummer about the camera /spider :(

I hope you can get some information soon , and get the pups back .....the next best thing I can hope is that wherever they are they are being loved & spoiled .

Edited by persephone

the police asked him why they had taken the dogs instead of the usual targets, tv's and such, told them..."they were so friendly and kept jumping up to be picked up when I went in to do the house."

I hope you can get some information soon , and get the pups back .....the next best thing I can hope is that wherever they are they are being loved & spoiled .

that is my one consolation.. I do believe they would be. whoever they are had to be, to have dropped mum back

that is my one consolation.. I do believe they would be. whoever they are had to be, to have dropped mum back

asal do you think it possible that some predator (fox, eagle) got the pups and mum had gone after them only to return empty handed? They are after all a small and easily carried off breed. :(

there are heaps of foxes around here thats for sure. but since ive never lost one except for the infamous cavi incident (that foxe turned out to be two legged with blue eyes) and the occasional panic stations when dog sees snake and goes for the kill? :eek:

with bird mesh round the fences thats eliminated the snakes getting through.

never seen a wedgie ever around this area,, pleanty of small hawks and thats it.

Awful trolling through all possible scenarios and wouldnt be in this pickle if I had just done such a simple thing as check the lens ....not happy jan

Edited by asal

Do you think that it's possible that mama dog might have escaped from whoever took her and left the pups behind? If that is the case, the culprits can't be too far away. I hope you find them - have you checked with the local vets etc in case someone has found them or brought them in for shots/chipping or whatever?

Do you think that it's possible that mama dog might have escaped from whoever took her and left the pups behind? If that is the case, the culprits can't be too far away. I hope you find them - have you checked with the local vets etc in case someone has found them or brought them in for shots/chipping or whatever?

what doesnt make sense to that, is if she came home she surely would go back for them, she is a very caring mum, even at that age, she loves pups any pup's dont have to be hers either.

she has never gone out the gate, ever.

even now although she is going to the edge of the road, she wont step onto it let alone cross, just keeps looking at me as if to say...well now get them ?

so just have to keep a posative outlook and keep looking and searching as hubby said.

so far not so much as a hair has been found. so at least we know they arent dead or we sure should have found them by now.

well unless as one suggested eagle. n i know that not impossible. a friend lost one of hers that way in coonabaraban.

wouldnt have thought western suburbs would but theres alwasy a first time. but two??

getting a headache.... too many possibles or what iffs?

Edited by asal

It's possible that the two pups were taken from that spot near the gate and the mother dog was not taken at all. That might explain why she keeps going there to look for them.

Whether it was a prey animal or a thief that took them, adult dogs are not going to be as vulnerable as little puppies.

Just thinking if Mum keeps going to the same spot by the gate maybe they were taken away in a car ?? she may have chased/followed and came back ?

I do hope you hear something soon, such a terrible time for you thinking What If, and Maybe If.

It's possible that the two pups were taken from that spot near the gate and the mother dog was not taken at all. That might explain why she keeps going there to look for them.

Whether it was a prey animal or a thief that took them, adult dogs are not going to be as vulnerable as little puppies.

that scenario has seemed one of them to me too.

the totaly mystery if thats so is where on earch was she for the 48 hours ive been calling her?

You can be sure if i knew how to ask her some how some way id be doing it. :confused:

Just thinking if Mum keeps going to the same spot by the gate maybe they were taken away in a car ?? she may have chased/followed and came back ?

I do hope you hear something soon, such a terrible time for you thinking What If, and Maybe If.

again another possibility, and the witness isnt talking... where is Dr Dolittle when you need him. some kids stories could be so great if they were only real....sigh

again another possibility, and the witness isnt talking... where is Dr Dolittle when you need him. some kids stories could be so great if they were only real....sigh

Yes, asal, it's the not knowing that is the hardest of all to deal with. :( Still hoping for a happy outcome.

Suggestion to anybody with surveillance camera's spray baygon surface spray around the camera's this will keep kreepy crawlies away for about 3 months , For God Sake Not on them as the spray will kill the Lenses :) , my OH is in the Security Industry so I thought I would pass on this info. :)

I am so hoping someone can spot my babies.

They and their mum dissappeared on Monday 6th February, no idea what time as we didnt get home until after 9pm.

Hope you find your little one soon, are you anywhere near Glenwood? this was posted on another forum the other day and he only went missing 4 days after yours

Pepi is our 10 year old desexed male long coat Chihuahua He went missing

from our home in Glenwood at 6 AM on the 10th of February 2012

Good luck

Lee

I am so hoping someone can spot my babies.

They and their mum dissappeared on Monday 6th February, no idea what time as we didnt get home until after 9pm.

Hope you find your little one soon, are you anywhere near Glenwood? this was posted on another forum the other day and he only went missing 4 days after yours

Pepi is our 10 year old desexed male long coat Chihuahua He went missing

from our home in Glenwood at 6 AM on the 10th of February 2012

Good luck

Lee

Ho NO.

wouldnt wish this on anyone. so lucky they have him back alrady.

just keep thinking while they are somewhere, at least no news is good news

Suggestion to anybody with surveillance camera's spray baygon surface spray around the camera's this will keep kreepy crawlies away for about 3 months , For God Sake Not on them as the spray will kill the Lenses :) , my OH is in the Security Industry so I thought I would pass on this info. :)

hey thanks for that.

im a great one for accidently nuking things.

used to drive my mum nuts, she never forgave me for using her sewing scissors for trimming the tops of my too high rubber riding boots, that was only one of my sins of asking items to do things they were never made for. although they usually complied before they refused to work again :mad

her greatest wish was i would have a child just like me. does that come under putting a hex on me?

My gran believed she could put a hex on people :eek:

although mum said gran never told her what she did that she thought it would work :confused: (gather its a scots thing)

Edited by asal

If you are near glenwood, try looking in Parklea markets, they sell pups in about 3 places there. I did go yesterday and heard pups crying from the aisle behind me, but i avoid going to look if i can. :(

wish i had looked now, if you think its worth me looking i can go, but they could have been sold already.