Tiny Dog Rescue

Guest donatella

No problem. He is definitely still coughing and sneezing but not as frequently and not with as much severity but every now and again he'll have a little cough or sneeze attack. Good thing is that it's mostly dry, not a wet cough so thats good. Will let you know how he goes tomorrow :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No problem. He is definitely still coughing and sneezing but not as frequently and not with as much severity but every now and again he'll have a little cough or sneeze attack. Good thing is that it's mostly dry, not a wet cough so thats good. Will let you know how he goes tomorrow :)

Definitely he got a mild dose of kennel cough, thankfully.

Guest donatella

Update, Marty will be 100% for his desexing next week, only the odd cough now :thumbsup:

I am however leaning towards wanting to adopt him again :rofl: Him and Lucy are besties, where one is the other is, they have the same energy levels and wear each other out which is great for me (no more balls being dropped at my feet when i'm getting ready for work :laugh: ). She really is enjoying having a mate around, they sunbake out the back, chew bark together, play tug o war and even share at meal times now :eek: I'm going to feel evil taking that away but need to work out if i'm ready to take on an extra dog full time.

My flatmate has one friend interested in him even though there is no way in hell i'd let it happen, she is not responsible, isn't in any place to adopt a dog, just wants him for the cuteness factor. i'd worry he would end up back in the pound when she decides to travel again or something. I've already told my flatmate he is not suitable for her, so fingers crossed if he's advertised she doesn't contact you. i'm sure you will be flushed with lots of permanent homes to chose from, i don't get a good feeling from this girl :(

Rest assured she would have 0 chance of adopting him, I would be looking for another home similar to yours, as its secure for little ones and with another chi or similar in the home, no big dogs, gee it sounds like your place, I am really helping aren't I :rofl:

Update, Marty will be 100% for his desexing next week, only the odd cough now :thumbsup:

I am however leaning towards wanting to adopt him again :rofl: Him and Lucy are besties, where one is the other is, they have the same energy levels and wear each other out which is great for me (no more balls being dropped at my feet when i'm getting ready for work :laugh: ). She really is enjoying having a mate around, they sunbake out the back, chew bark together, play tug o war and even share at meal times now :eek: I'm going to feel evil taking that away but need to work out if i'm ready to take on an extra dog full time.

My flatmate has one friend interested in him even though there is no way in hell i'd let it happen, she is not responsible, isn't in any place to adopt a dog, just wants him for the cuteness factor. i'd worry he would end up back in the pound when she decides to travel again or something. I've already told my flatmate he is not suitable for her, so fingers crossed if he's advertised she doesn't contact you. i'm sure you will be flushed with lots of permanent homes to chose from, i don't get a good feeling from this girl :(

Don't worry I just adopted my first foster failure and was the first dog I had fostered :laugh: Her and my girl got along really well plus she is the sweetest thing no way I was letting her go! I want to keep fostering but OH doesn't trust me with not wanting to keep more :o

Experience of a failed foster parent :D:

The boy in my avatar is ff. I went through the same yes-no period. In the end could not accept the possibility of not seeing him again and not knowing if he had a warm bed, food and love.

He stayed and I have never regretted my decision. Love my boofa boy.

Guest donatella

thats what i'm going through now.

I really feel like Marty has a great routine here and that he's settled in and it aches me to think that he might not get the same special treatment even though I 110% trust the rescues ability in finding and matching genuinely good homes.

this is not going to be an easy week :(

You're experiencing the great joy of having 2 dogs that are real company for each other. And are also very easy dogs to live with.

We've always had 2 dogs for that reason. All their play & chilling out together takes the demands off the humans. I'm not pushing you to adopt with this comment....but it's truly wonderful when 2 dogs get on so well as Marty & Lucy. The look on Lucy's face speaks for itself.

There's no doubt that you & varicool would only ever pick the best home for Marty. He'd sure love one with another little dog to play with.

You & Lucy have taught him how good life can be.

Any decision about adopting is up to you. He sure is a mighty little fella.

I've had a few pups come through my place that really clicked with my other dogs... and it was darned hard to hand them over to new homes...

... but, I knew that the homes selected for them would be able to give them everything I could and more.

I adopted Pickles for more than one reason - the fact that I love her to death and she fits just fine into my pack - and that she is disabled, and I wasn't sure about the motivation of anyone wanting to adopt a disabled dog... once the novelty wears off, you still have a disabled dog. Two weeks after I adopted her, she went and broke her leg - an expensive exercise and a frustrating one because she doesn't like crates and needed 6-8 weeks of crate rest... that would have put off many new owners for sure!

I currently have 3 fosters - a deaf BC/Cattle pup who is growing on me in the same way Pickles did - and 2 Lab X pups who are darned cute! I also have a couple of our Pregnant Paws BT/Staffy pups every couple of days to get them used to house noises, other dogs, etc...

My permanent pack love having the fosters here - Pickles especially loves having little playmates to get up to mischief with...

T.

Guest donatella

I know, I think I need to be strong and NOT fail here.

I also think i'm thinking very short term whereas I have a few trips coming up and want to head to America for a month next year so I need to factor these things in.

Lucy is easy as she just goes to my mums, its like her second home as she's been going there when i go away since she was a puppy and mum has 3 small dogs (all who hate her :laugh: but she doesn't know that), but Marty would be harder to board with his size as mum has a big back yard and pool and he would fit through her pool bars no worries :eek:

i do eventually want a second dog but i think i need to be strong and keep up the fostering for now and help find marty a loving home as there will be lots and lots of beautfiul little dogs come through my care who i can help :D

anyway lord knows i will probably change my mind tomorrow again :rofl:

On the boarding note I do offer tiny dog boarding at a very small rate, I have a chi that regularly comes here for holidays. But in saying that I would rather keep a good foster carer :-)

Edited by varicool

Stay strong Donatella! It is a very special thing that you foster carers do :)

Yes, it's only necessary to compare Marty's pound pic with his pic playing with Lucy, to see how well Donatella's cared for him.

Marty's foster carer is going to continue fostering and little Marty has gone up on pet rescue today :thumbsup:http://www.petrescue.com.au/view/147273

That's a lovely write-up that shows how well Donatella got to know his nature. It tells people what Marty's so good at....& what he needs to be happy and safe. The pics are gorgeous!

Well done, all of you who've helped Marty. :thumbsup:

Marty's foster carer is going to continue fostering and little Marty has gone up on pet rescue today :thumbsup:http://www.petrescue.com.au/view/147273

That's a lovely write-up that shows how well Donatella got to know his nature. It tells people what Marty's so good at....& what he needs to be happy and safe. The pics are gorgeous!

Well done, all of you who've helped Marty. :thumbsup:

I have the pleasure of having little Marty here Thursday while he recovers from desexing :) I am sure by the weekend we should have some prospective adopters wanting to visit him :D