Tiny Dog Rescue

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am still looking for one more foster carer to come on board, I have another urgent wee boy in the pound who needs to go into foster care, he is a 2 yr old Shitzu x Maltese called Toto he is a sweet boy from the reports from pound staff.

post-7867-0-16995500-1329885032_thumb.jpg

Guest donatella

This is tiny Marty who is being sprung from the pound today and has foster care.post-7867-0-91664800-1329885186_thumb.jpg

Little Marty is coming to stay with me, my very first foster, I'm nervous and excited I hope he likes his temporary home

Guest donatella

He has the sniffles but it's not fazing him.

He just ate Lucys bowl of black hawk like he'd never seen food before (she's not bothered as she has a constant supply of food but he ate it like it was going to be taken at any moment).

We have the sniffles so will try for some rest time but he's really come alive

abcdd2d1.jpg

Guest donatella

I was told about 12 months. He's very thin (mind you I dont know chis as well as poms and poms are all fluff so I'm not used to feeling ribs) but he'll get fed a good diet here.

Guest donatella

Well Marty had a good first night, didnt hear a peep from him all night, his sniffles and cough to me don't sound too good, but his mucus is clear and he's got a good appetite, drinking lots of water (he's peed on every pole and tree outside by now I think haha).

He's not liking his laundry time out so I let him and lucy have some chill time together (at my own risk I know but lucy is fully vaccinated and he's just so small and cute and likes to be around people/dogs). I hope he gets better soon

28e830fa.jpg

Thanks for the Marty update, we will get him into the vet if you think the cough is getting worse, unfortunately Ipswich Pound always seems to have kennel cough, but thankfully it is not a nasty strain, Millie was fine after a couple of days. Having a good appetite is a great sign, poor wee beggar will think he has died and gone to heaven at your place after being at the pound.

Edited by varicool

Guest donatella

I'll monitor him tonight and if I dont think he's improved by tomorrow morning I'll let you know, I can do a vet run from 4pm after work. But he is loving his food and has little play spells, so I think a few days in a warm bed with some hearty food should help.

I'll monitor him tonight and if I dont think he's improved by tomorrow morning I'll let you know, I can do a vet run from 4pm after work. But he is loving his food and has little play spells, so I think a few days in a warm bed with some hearty food should help.

That will definitely help :D The less tearing around he does the better. Tell Lucy he needs to rest :laugh: