Hawkesbury Pound

Well there was at least one greyhound

‎152 PCC

surrendered due 14.02.12

greyhound one year old girl

that very nearly missed out. She went to FOTHI at the very last minute - she certainly wasn't safe until the final hour

That is very sad.

We are always ready and able to list immediately with at least a mug shot or even better, one of Kel's pics and notes. I'm sorry but with so many other obligations, battling to get information when it's not forthcoming is tiresome.

:(

Did you ring the pound for a list ?

Who would you like the list sent to ?

Just ring and ask it is forthcoming but cannot be just sent out into cyberspace

Or if you cannot call the pound ask Kelscats she will gladly give it to you

I was being emailed the list every week. And have never been able to get one over the phone. :)

This week apparently all the dogs were safe by the time Kel got there. Ok, fine that's great, nobody is complaining. The confusion is that a list was being posted on facebook stating several dogs were not and needed rescue or adoption.

So which is it? :confused:

Perhaps Facebook didn't ring for updates

That is not my concern

I am offended by the insinuation that staff are with holding information when nothing is further from the truth

Also when was the last time anyone from DOL photograph or temp test any hawkesbury dogs ?

So if there is no thread on here what will a list achieve ?

But if you want a list again just ring and you will be emailed one

Staff have not been involved in the politics between DOL and FB we just keep chipping away at the list however we can and it is unjust to pull us into it . every dog there is important to us and we do everything we can to get them the best possible chance

But sometimes it's toooooo hard to keep my mouth shut and I have managed up until now but this thread is a direct attack on (I feel ) ME

So before anyone else postes about the staff make sure you know what your taking about because I can answer correctly

So why was Kelscats get send home with the information that no dog needed rescue or adoption this week, when at least 2 dogs were unconfirmed.

Where in here did you read 2 dogs were unconfirmed ?

You say kelscats was sent home ! She was not !

Unfortunately DOL is starting to read like a trashy gossip magazine

Maybe try to keep it about the dogs and cats

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there was at least one greyhound

‎152 PCC

surrendered due 14.02.12

greyhound one year old girl

that very nearly missed out. She went to FOTHI at the very last minute - she certainly wasn't safe until the final hour

That is very sad.

We are always ready and able to list immediately with at least a mug shot or even better, one of Kel's pics and notes. I'm sorry but with so many other obligations, battling to get information when it's not forthcoming is tiresome.

:(

Did you ring the pound for a list ?

Who would you like the list sent to ?

Just ring and ask it is forthcoming but cannot be just sent out into cyberspace

Or if you cannot call the pound ask Kelscats she will gladly give it to you

I was being emailed the list every week. And have never been able to get one over the phone. :)

This week apparently all the dogs were safe by the time Kel got there. Ok, fine that's great, nobody is complaining. The confusion is that a list was being posted on facebook stating several dogs were not and needed rescue or adoption.

So which is it? :confused:

Perhaps Facebook didn't ring for updates

That is not my concern

I am offended by the insinuation that staff are with holding information when nothing is further from the truth

Also when was the last time anyone from DOL photograph or temp test any hawkesbury dogs ?

So if there is no thread on here what will a list achieve ?

But if you want a list again just ring and you will be emailed one

Staff have not been involved in the politics between DOL and FB we just keep chipping away at the list however we can and it is unjust to pull us into it . every dog there is important to us and we do everything we can to get them the best possible chance

But sometimes it's toooooo hard to keep my mouth shut and I have managed up until now but this thread is a direct attack on (I feel ) ME

So before anyone else postes about the staff make sure you know what your taking about because I can answer correctly

So why was Kelscats get send home with the information that no dog needed rescue or adoption this week, when at least 2 dogs were unconfirmed.

Where in here did you read 2 dogs were unconfirmed ?

You say kelscats was sent home ! She was not !

Unfortunately DOL is starting to read like a trashy gossip magazine

Maybe try to keep it about the dogs and cats

Okay I will rephrase that - why was Kelscats given the information that she was given and why is it different on the social networking site and them fundraising to save two dogs from HP that were or were not safe depending on who you ask? Kelscats sounds like she was at the pound and that was not enough to stop the confusion, as you have said the social networking site may not have used the phone, but Kelscats was there in person.

I am glad you have come forward and now people that have questions about any of the dogs at Hawkesbury can ask you if they are concerned.

DOL is starting to have threads of concern of what is going on and who to ask or what is happening, like a social networking site but concentrated on dogs, not a broad spectrum of things where people have come for years to view pound dogs needing help.

Am tired of the statement of people trying to create drama and not concentrating on the dogs or cats. Maybe it is actually because no one to date can find out what is going on and conflicting information is coming from all directions and trying to find out the information impossible unless physically at the pound, making it hard for people unable to get there, let alone the need to go there everyday to check up.

It is very sad that the volunteers that went to HP and were able to do a thread on DOL with no drama and little to no confusion are unable to do that any more. That is not dramatic that is just how it is.

One thing it is reflective of is that some thing has shifted in the way things are being done and until people can know what is going on it just seems to cause concern that dogs and/or cats could fall through the cracks - funny how that is actually showing concern for the dogs and cats not people.

As for the dogs that seem to have been of concern if you read the posts in this thread some have stated a JRT and Greyhound.

Edited by Malti

I don't know or care anything about the politics involved but I'm based in Melbourne (& have more than enough dogs down here) & I've been tempted to rescue the odd dog of my prefered breed (greyhounds) because of the tread on DOL from Hawkesbury pound. I don't go onto F/B so would never see them on there.

I guess that if all dogs are finding rescue through other means then great but if some are missing out because there is no DOL thread (for whatever reason) then that is a real shame.

Anyone can ring hawkesbury to get any information it's that simple

I will not comment on other Internet sites as I don't know anything for a FACT and am not into gossip

Staff donot run either site

Talk the truth there is no DOL thread due to politics

Nothing to do with volunteers not being welcome at hawkesbury or hawkesbury staff not passing on information it's because noone would list the hawkesbury dogs for whatever reasons but nothing at all to do with the shelter it's self

And you Mali are fully aware of that

Kel and nic are some of my dearest friends and are always welcome , we actually look forward to their visits

But there has been no thread

If you read what I posted the greyhound was safe and Jill stated staff rang her about the jack and her name is on it

So noone was left on the list

Kel stated she stayed and played with the bulldogs and took one home

Dose that sound like she was run out of the shelter like you would have people believe

Don't try to read between the lines because staff have nothing to hide

But perhaps try to read what is actually being written

Then we can all get on with the business of saving lives

I don't know or care anything about the politics involved but I'm based in Melbourne (& have more than enough dogs down here) & I've been tempted to rescue the odd dog of my prefered breed (greyhounds) because of the tread on DOL from Hawkesbury pound. I don't go onto F/B so would never see them on there.

I guess that if all dogs are finding rescue through other means then great but if some are missing out because there is no DOL thread (for whatever reason) then that is a real shame.

Greytpets

That's wonderful that you keep track of such a difficult breed to rescue and DOL is a great tool for this but unfortunately it is not always used for the purpose it was intended

Staff want nothing more than a Dol thread but it's out of our hands and therefore we should not be dragged into it

Thankyou keep up the great work and you can ring hawkesbury direct list yourself as a greyhound rescue then you will be notified direct of any Greys in need

As Jill is for any jacks

Anyone can ring hawkesbury to get any information it's that simple

I will not comment on other Internet sites as I don't know anything for a FACT and am not into gossip

Staff donot run either site

Talk the truth there is no DOL thread due to politics

Nothing to do with volunteers not being welcome at hawkesbury or hawkesbury staff not passing on information it's because noone would list the hawkesbury dogs for whatever reasons but nothing at all to do with the shelter it's self

And you Mali are fully aware of that

Kel and nic are some of my dearest friends and are always welcome , we actually look forward to their visits

But there has been no thread

If you read what I posted the greyhound was safe and Jill stated staff rang her about the jack and her name is on it

So noone was left on the list

Kel stated she stayed and played with the bulldogs and took one home

Dose that sound like she was run out of the shelter like you would have people believe

Don't try to read between the lines because staff have nothing to hide

But perhaps try to read what is actually being written

Then we can all get on with the business of saving lives

Talking of dramatics, please read your post!! "Run out of the shelter" :rofl: now I do know I didn't write that.

One person posted the grey was nearly missed, and JRT had confusion surrounding it.

I never said no one could not go to HP and volunteer nor did I state HP were to blame but it was suggested it be taken up with the pound with the on going issues.

As for politics, what politics would that be?

Edited by Malti

You dramatized kelscats exit when you said why did she get sent home

What a joke

Staff are not connected to or responsible for other sites

But as jill said she rang hawkesbury to straighten it out

The number is 0245604644 anyone can ring it for answers

It's offensive that rather than say noone would post a hawkesbury thread which was the original question

It has been suggested on here that staff were somehow responsible You know full well why there is no hawkesbury thread so say it

Why is there no hawkesbury thread ?

If somebody would email me the list I will start a thread, I won't have the time the do write ups on them or take pictures but there are pictures on the Hawkesbury pound site and I really think each person needs to do their own assessment.

At least this way we will know what dogs are on the list and can go and help if we need be and contact the pound.

My confusion started when somebody that I don't know rang me on the Wednesday afternoon late to say a jack was on the kill list as per the facebook page, I stated as I don't have assess to internet I would have to wait until I got home to see, also not sure if I took down the wrong impound number or was given it, but did ring the pound and asked them to hold it until I saw the picture, which I did that night and decided it was not a jack, so sent off an email stating this.

But i also rang and then discovered there was a jack with a similar number and said that I would take it, this was with the help of the staff at Hawkesbury, but I know they usually ring me if I miss one.

Then received an email stating that the jack that I had said I would rescue was stating on the facebook page that it was safe but all enquiries to go to another group, which I found weird. Another call to the pound, which I might say I don't have the time for these phone call and the staff at Hawkesbury are also very busy and sure they could do without these calls. This has since been corrected.

But this is why I believe a thread needs to be going again to stop all this confustion and wasting of time, whether be the same as we use to or just a list which would at least alert people to what dogs need help.

Thankyou Jill

I will ensure you are contacted tues ( I'm off mon) or ring on mon Anne will have no problem sending you the list

We will endevour to take the best mugshots possible

And are more than happy to answer any questions rescuers have regarding the dogs if they just give us a call

You dramatized kelscats exit when you said why did she get sent home

What a joke

Staff are not connected to or responsible for other sites

But as jill said she rang hawkesbury to straighten it out

The number is 0245604644 anyone can ring it for answers

It's offensive that rather than say noone would post a hawkesbury thread which was the original question

It has been suggested on here that staff were somehow responsible You know full well why there is no hawkesbury thread so say it

Why is there no hawkesbury thread ?

and I corrected myself and rephrased it ;)

It is not my place to say a lot of it unfortunately, trust me, if it was I would put it out here that is for sure. I am sick of the crap that keeps getting circled around. But again not my place.

What I will say though is that Pound Rounds have come onto the scene and used DOL photo's of volunteers who do not want to be associated with them. Under the photo's donation requests have been put, the HP on DOL was not run by one group or one person but independent and did not want to be associated with any group especially one sourcing donations from photo's used by volunteers, temp notes were changed by Pound Rounds on the photo's and notes take from DOL. (Happy to send you the link to the thread but will not put it up here again as I know people got a lot of grief for writing what they chose what was right for them)

If Nic and Kel have no problem it would be great if a DOL HP could continue but from just before Christmas it has become a major issue. Call it what you like but it is a shame for HP dogs and rescues that help the dogs in the pound and a thread that has been helping dogs for years.

Yes true a DOL thread about the dogs was a great asset

And as you stated it was because of photos that there is no thread

That had nothing to do with staff so why not cut that line of thread off imeadiatly and correct them Rather than let it carryon

I know you can say that's not your responsibility and true it's not but this should be an informed site

I don't need to be sent the link as that has nothing to do with me

Staff have to remain impartial and rightly so

But a bit of fairness towards us would be good

As I've said staff are more than happy to assist with information with this site just ask

I had no intention of getting involved with this thread, though feel I need to say something.

Firstly, there are a number of issues to address. As I understand things;

The Facebook site has been copying and pasting notes from the DOL HP thread for some time. I can only speak for myself though do have grave concerns about this group and how they operate, therefor do not want to be associated with them in any way, shape or form. I don’t want my photos and notes being used by this group in any way, shape or form. The temp notes on DOL are designed for experienced rescue groups and are a guide only. We work very hard and do the best we possibly can though these notes are not designed for rehome from the pound for obvious reasons.

I know that Pound list, Anna in particular, has repeatedly tried to address the above issues and those attempts have been futile as this group appear to be hell bent on causing trouble. All they need to do is get their own pics and notes!

I have never been asked not to temp test or volunteer, in fact the opposite applies as the staff always greatly appreciate any support for the animals. I have always been able to get a pts list and any updates needed. At times I would call the staff four times a day, I also spoke with them at home if urgent. I make sure though that staff have the time and are available, otherwise I call back, or they call me or we email.

My reasons for not temp testing at this time are personal in the most part and while this has been stressful for me, it is not the reason I am not temp testing atm. All going well I should be back in a few weeks.

The face book site has a lot to answer for IMO. I know they have caused endless trouble. I have been at the receiving end of them and it is not nice. I agree it is not an issue that staff should become involved in, aside from ensuring these dogs are appropriately placed with any group.

Personally I would not be involved with the face book site, though that is just my opinion.

The HP DOL thread is a valuable tool for staff, rescue and the animals there is no question of that. I have met and spoken with the most fantastic rescue groups, god only knows how many dogs and cats have been saved via the DOL thread. I know the staff cheer when a fantastic group are able to take a needy.

Rescue is only one vital element in the cog for pound staff. They deal with dog attacks, people looking for lost animals in tears, feeding, cleaning, medicating, dogs hit by cars, complaints about noise or straying animals and god knows what else. They are often understaffed and often give their own time to help the animals.

This is very disappointing for me personally as I know the unbelievable effort that goes into the HP animals. I know how hard the volunteers work in trying to achieve all they can.

Justin (Blacktown list) please refrain from getting involved in this issue, clearly there is a conflict of interest. I have a rough idea of your agenda, and would prefer not to get involved in discussion with you. My advice is to focus on the Blacktown dogs and do the best you possibly can for them.

Clearly (and you admit the same) you have absolutely no idea re the Hawkesbury dogs and the issues being faced.

I have probably missed a bunch of stuff, though that’s all I have for now.

That had nothing to do with staff so why not cut that line of thread off imeadiatly and correct them Rather than let it carryon

I know you can say that's not your responsibility and true it's not but this should be an informed site

As I've said staff are more than happy to assist with information with this site just ask

No there have since been threads up and going on HP dogs this year, did you know of the photo issue? If so who would have brought that to the pounds attention?

I am guessing there has been no thread as dogs are safe, maybe you could shed some light on if there has been dogs pts (because the only way I have been able to follow any dogs from HP was on the social networking site and they are a bit dramatic and no real follow up on what happens to dogs is known - as in if any were pts etc).

It was not put onto HP staff about the photo's, it was about what happened this week I only just mentioned the photo's in my last post!! I hardly know the position of HP on any of what has been going on, (one would hope it was impartial), so I am unable to say what (if any) position HP plays in this so unable to cut anything off nor speak for them. You seem to be able to do that as you work there, I don't and have no idea of the internal politics of a pound nor is it my problem.

From what I see

It has been said that there is a monopolisation of a pound to one group of people. That has not been said that is the pounds fault. It has been directed by Blacktown List that there was 5 issues and 3 & 4 caused issue 5 :confused: wish they would clear some things up.

Wish people would start realising people are actually truly confused to what is going on and answers are hard to come by these days.

EDITED TO ADD - I do know of one dog pts this year thanks to the social networking site and I am sure they took the photo of the dog off DOL and blamed them not having photo's to share from DOL that the dog was pts - talking of blame - it would actually be nice for it being stopped being put on volunteers that go and do their best to then see crap like that, just because they do not want a group profiteering from their photo's and changing temp notes

Edited by Malti

Yes I knew about the photo issue

I was told when i asked why no dol thread was up

That's out of my control

Yes I have a Facebook page and see other Facebook pages by many rescuers but don't comment on them as I'm busy checking my family and keeping up with what my own kids are doing

There is no secret to what's going on at hawkesbury we are all head down arse up feeding cleaning caring for and rehoming dogs and cats that's it

We ring rescue groups as I've said about dogs that need help

And no no rehomeable dogs have been PTs

But no dol thread along with the gossip and scandle has meant we have to work much harder to achieve this

This is hard to put up with when we did nothing wrong

Anyone that's looked at the pound rounds page can see they take their own photos and notes

And as I've said anyone can look at the hawkesbury council website to see what is impounded then phone staff with any questions it's that simple just phone

Perhaps use our website rather than someone else's Facebook page then you can get information direct from the shelter

This is the only way to get the most up to date facts

And avoid confusion

No there have since been threads up and going on HP dogs this year, did you know of the photo issue? If so who would have brought that to the pounds attention?

I am guessing there has been no thread as dogs are safe, maybe you could shed some light on if there has been dogs pts (because the only way I have been able to follow any dogs from HP was on the social networking site and they are a bit dramatic and no real follow up on what happens to dogs is known - as in if any were pts etc).

It was not put onto HP staff about the photo's, it was about what happened this week I only just mentioned the photo's in my last post!! I hardly know the position of HP on any of what has been going on, (one would hope it was impartial), so I am unable to say what (if any) position HP plays in this so unable to cut anything off nor speak for them. You seem to be able to do that as you work there, I don't and have no idea of the internal politics of a pound nor is it my problem.

From what I see

It has been said that there is a monopolisation of a pound to one group of people. That has not been said that is the pounds fault. It has been directed by Blacktown List that there was 5 issues and 3 & 4 caused issue 5 :confused: wish they would clear some things up.

Wish people would start realising people are actually truly confused to what is going on and answers are hard to come by these days.

EDITED TO ADD - I do know of one dog pts this year thanks to the social networking site and I am sure they took the photo of the dog off DOL and blamed them not having photo's to share from DOL that the dog was pts - talking of blame - it would actually be nice for it being stopped being put on volunteers that go and do their best to then see crap like that, just because they do not want a group profiteering from their photo's and changing temp notes

What dog ?

Yes I knew about the photo issue

I was told when i asked why no dol thread was up

That's out of my control

Yes I have a Facebook page and see other Facebook pages by many rescuers but don't comment on them as I'm busy checking my family and keeping up with what my own kids are doing

There is no secret to what's going on at hawkesbury we are all head down arse up feeding cleaning caring for and rehoming dogs and cats that's it

We ring rescue groups as I've said about dogs that need help

And no no rehomeable dogs have been PTs

But no dol thread along with the gossip and scandle has meant we have to work much harder to achieve this

This is hard to put up with when we did nothing wrong

Anyone that's looked at the pound rounds page can see they take their own photos and notes

And as I've said anyone can look at the hawkesbury council website to see what is impounded then phone staff with any questions it's that simple just phone

Perhaps use our website rather than someone else's Facebook page then you can get information direct from the shelter

This is the only way to get the most up to date facts

And avoid confusion

Dismissive remarks make it that much harder, can you not see that. "gossip and scandal" it isn't just gossip and scandal. The fact the pound knows of the issue and it is not a secret, then why act like you didn't know why it was stopped? Yes, pounds are busy and cannot deal with the issues going on, but pretending to not know (your quote "Talk the truth there is no DOL thread due to politics") so I say to you, talk the truth....

There has been a whole lot of stress and negativity brought on since the photo and temp issue, people didn't stop the HP DOL thread because they wanted to, they just didn't want to be associated with Pound Rounds and keep it unbiased I suggest you have a talk with the people involved and hear what they have been through due to this, that is where my sympathy lies, and with the dogs and cats that have been affected.

The blame has not been put on the pound but the people who do not want to work with pound rounds in any way shape or form. As if that is a crime, as if that is unmanageable. It is relatively bloody simple, yet because this group have a self entitled movement they disrespect anyone else's opinions or rights to not want to work with them.

As Blacktown List has suggested HP website is not up to date, take from that what you will (am not saying it is true or not I have no clue) but if that is the case this going to make things difficult and a lot of unnecessary calls being made. DOL was a good way to keep up with what dogs were needing help, between the pound and the volunteers it worked well.

At this point it sounds like contacting the pound is the best option.

This was the list of dogs I saw needed rescue by the 16th of Feb on their social networking site

"HAWKESBURY POUND KILL LIST THURSDAY 16 FEBRUARY 2012

PLEASE EMAIL URGENTLY (deleted the email address)

PCC 118 male JRT x cattle dog 1 yr

PCC 152 female greyhound 1.5 yrs, surrendered

PCC 151 female rottweiler 4yrs, desexed

HCC 112 male staffy 5 months

HCC 118 female JRT 5 years

PCC 127 white maltese x - RESCUE ONLY

Please help with donations - we need support to save these babies today."

From what I see

What dog ?

PCC1029 I can send you the lovely photo put up by Melanie Norman with her accusations of Poundlist DOL being at fault if needed.

You wonder why it has gotten this bad, and you feel the need to defend HP and their staff, imagine how it feels after years of volunteering and doing a DOL thread trying to help the dogs and cats to then start getting the crap she has been writing about others - all because of not wanting to associate with her group, it would wear you down and everyone that volunteers any time to pounds and photo's etc have lives too that need time spent on it and do their bloody best to do things they way they feel is along the lines with their morals and ethics only to be repetitively get public and private attacks by a group of people who are upset over not wanting them to use the photo's and notes provided on DOL as an independent group. People give up and find other ways to help sometimes and I fear that eventually it will lead to a permanent state because people can only take so much abuse. Such a mountain over a mole hill if only they could accept the word 'no'!

EDITED TO ADD - they have now copyrighted their photo's just to throw in a bit of irony for you

Edited by Malti