What Tv Shows Does Your Dog Like To Watch.

pirate

I have the TV on ABC watching Yellowstone in winter, pirate came over and was watching the coyote hunting for a few minutes and was moving his head following coyote around the screen, as soon as the coyote disappeared he lost interest. He like watching dogs horses birds, but doesn't like the big cats.

I was once told that the various eye shapes of the different breeds makes them see the television in different ways. :confused:

It's certainly interesting to know that dogs are not colour blind but do see some colours better than others and some not well at all. Apparently they see dark blue very well.

I find my Cavaliers love watching movement on TV, and also react to dogs and cats on TV, but probalby more to the sound than visual.

Ava likes anything with animals: any kind of animal, even cartoons. She'll pretty much have a good look at anything with movement including sporting matches.

Satch doesn't seem to be able to comprehend the TV at all, unless staring at the speaker when there's a cat counts :laugh:

My two like watching deadliest catch :laugh: I have a picture of Diesel sitting and staring at the tv as they sort the crabs.

Bondi Vet, Big Bang Theory (some episodes more than others) and how I met your mother they watch. Other shows they sleep through or walk off.

The ball obsessed Diesel will sit and watch the australian open all day :o He was so bad we couldn't really watch it this year.

Saxon will watch most larger animals, dogs and horses he barks at.

Haha I had just types that when ad for Fancy Feast with a bunch of cats came on, I pointed at the tv and told Sax to look, he saw them, ran over and barked at them.

Riley responds more to the sounds, when I have the sound system on Riley looks at the middle speaker am head tilts when there are animal sounds.

Quinn doesn't seem to have favorites yet but she definitely looks at dogs on tv.

Interesting about the eye shape/set, both Saxon and Quinn have clearly been able to recognize animals on tv and follow them around the screen from when they first came home but Riley doesn't really seem to do it and he has a

much longer snout and his eyes are smaller and set more to the side than the others.

My dogs just sleep with the TV is on and there's no attention on them. However when Rusty was a puppy he loved Old Tom! My 13 year old self would watch it in the morning (I still watch cartoons now too!), and as soon as the theme song came on, he'd come running and sit himself in front of the television and watch the whole episode, head tilting side to side...was so cute :laugh:

My daughters dog, which is a Scotty, absolutely flips out when any animals appear on telly. They have to leave the old table that the television sits on, because the dog chews and scratches it ... wanting to kill the animals she sees! :laugh:

AND, she knows a heap of intro's to ad's and tv shows that she hates - you'll hear her feet going 19 to the dozen trying to get to the tv fast! :rofl: