Recommendations For Meat Suppliers Penrith

As title says. I buy the small amount of meat I eat from the Supermarket and have no idea where to buy the above. Would appreciate any suggestions please.

Thanks in advance!

Have you checked your Woolies for lamb necks? Mine down here at Tahmoor sells lamb necks sawn in two lengthways, usually 3 to a tray - perfect for my 3 dogs. They sometimes don't have them through the summer, but I stock up when I can and freeze. Price isn't bad either - not even compared to Paringa :)

As title says. I buy the small amount of meat I eat from the Supermarket and have no idea where to buy the above. Would appreciate any suggestions please.

Thanks in advance!

One of the butchers in the Nepean Shopping Centre (just behind the Penrith Paceway and Panthers home ground) often has bones bagged up for sale - very economically priced when compared to supermarket prices.

Cheers,

Hi just read the post about fresh meat suppliers for dogs etc.

Hawkesbury pet foods at McGraths Hill/Mulgrave have lamb neck bones, bollar bones, lamb briscket, beef bones etc plus premium mince in 1kg portions plus other mince, chicken frames, wings etc etc etc its a great little shop I have been going there for the past couple of years. Always fresh... the address is unit 4 / 7 Wingate Road, Mulgrave NSW

Phone Sandra on 4587 7950. by the way they also stock Black Hawk Holistic kibble for dog, puppies and cats... great product !

Prices are very cheap... especially when you compare them to some of the larger pet supply stores.

Just bought some chicken wings and mince from www.justfood4dogs.com.au ... was quite happy with all the service and if your just after raw their prices are quite good....

Hopefully this place provides better service closer to the metro area. I bought from them once and that was enough, masses of wretchedly foul chicken, that had apparently been in the unrefrigerated van for nearly three days. It was like soup... We were a week off rubbish day so had little choice but to put the whole putrid mess in the freezer. Once it had all been chucked out we had to move the freezer outside and clean and bleach it due to the stink.

• 3 weeks later...

Were you able to find any decent Butchers in and around Penrith ? I am only at St Clair and the Butcher here doesn't do much at all. But Red Lea here do the 2kg chicken mince for $3.

Hopefully Hawkesbury pet foods have picked up. I use to buy bulk food from them monthly I had done for many years until their quality went down hill. The chicken became very fatty and slimmy and the veal I was geting was actually off.I had also brought beef and when I got it home it was green. Would love to know if it has changed hands in the last 12 months or so and if most of their stuff is still frozen or have they started selling more fresh meat like they did years ago..

Just bought some chicken wings and mince from www.justfood4dogs.com.au ... was quite happy with all the service and if your just after raw their prices are quite good....

Hopefully this place provides better service closer to the metro area. I bought from them once and that was enough, masses of wretchedly foul chicken, that had apparently been in the unrefrigerated van for nearly three days. It was like soup... We were a week off rubbish day so had little choice but to put the whole putrid mess in the freezer. Once it had all been chucked out we had to move the freezer outside and clean and bleach it due to the stink.

Well I live fairly close to the city which is probably why the chicken was still cold when i got it....

I am looking for different supplier though.... :o

Im sure there would be a little bit better quality meat

Hopefully Hawkesbury pet foods have picked up. I use to buy bulk food from them monthly I had done for many years until their quality went down hill. The chicken became very fatty and slimmy and the veal I was geting was actually off.I had also brought beef and when I got it home it was green. Would love to know if it has changed hands in the last 12 months or so and if most of their stuff is still frozen or have they started selling more fresh meat like they did years ago..

hi Mal, it has changed hands, and they sell fresh and frozen meat, bones etc. I have been buying from hawkesbury pet food for the last couple of years without any problems. Great shop with great people running it.

cheers

jess

• 4 months later...

Is Hubblebarn selling bulk supplies of meat? I know when he first opened he was going to but ended up only selling small packs. Is he doing bones as well?

I have been using the fresh meat store but I rang two weeks ago & was told I would get a delivery on Saturday. I have rung 6 times & left messages but no delivery or returned phone calls.

Thanks

Greg

Is Hubblebarn selling bulk supplies of meat? I know when he first opened he was going to but ended up only selling small packs. Is he doing bones as well?

I have been using the fresh meat store but I rang two weeks ago & was told I would get a delivery on Saturday. I have rung 6 times & left messages but no delivery or returned phone calls.

Thanks

Greg

Yeah there is a list. Best to order on Thursday and pick up Friday so I have been told.

I picked up a few frozen bones the other day. Big chest freezer full of assorted bones.

Is that the just4dogs website that no longer works ? I asked for some samples from them ages ago. Never arrived, I called back to buy some.. Never arrived....

Rumour has it that Petbarns bone supplier is changing and Petbarn may be having a big sale on bones...